**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

A bug in the parry dex beta

DathRymanDathRyman Posts: 14
edited July 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
https://youtu.be/GFucJtTkcsw
When parrying sometimes you can’t throw a special right after you parry
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• _darkplague_darkplague Posts: 6
    Same here. Super annoying cannot throw specials after parry (here side quest with doom against Hercules)
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    You might think this is a small bug but this actually shows a problem with overall inputs. Hopefully Kabam mods sees this
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    i filed feedback on this. it was SO annoying i thought i was trippin' for a minute but it totally ruins the flow of the game when you expect your special to fire off but nope you have to dex AGAIN to then throw it. it wasn't just after parry for me. it happened quite frequently.
  • TrapKill66TrapKill66 Posts: 96
    Yup, was mashing my specisl, and getting thrashed for it. Maybe 8 to 10 rapid thumb mashes and nothing. Just after a parry, and for me, when up against or close to the left wall/side.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    RustyWar said:

Maybe I’ve had this “bug” forever because the video looks normal to me

Yeah there’s always been a delay, it looked normal to me
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Since the parry bug can’t chain to special as fast, been three weeks, noticeably you can’t chain dooms l1 to l2 anymore, they can fire a special before you
  • Quantum_FizzixQuantum_Fizzix Posts: 94
    I think it’s associated with launching specials in general. Someone just posted this;

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/274186/special-attack-not-triggering-bug#latest

I’ve had to repeatedly tap my special button to get it to launch after a parry to get it to work.

I’ve also noticed this behavior when trying to throw a heavy after a parry using Hyperion.

It’s almost like parry causes a small lag spike, so the special gets ignored.