**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Iphone X - Champs dashing in instead of blocking [Fix in Next Update]

Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
edited January 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
Title says it all, Iphone X - Champs are dashing in instead of blocking. Tried using blade and when I try to regen he just goes and dashes into the enemy attack. Happens every time, unreal.

Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Anyone?
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    I ordered the phone but don't have it yet, I'd like to see this get resolved soon
    Tempest wrote: »
    I ordered the phone but don't have it yet, I'd like to see this get resolved soon

Blocking makes you dash forward and eat combos
  • Capt_MegasauceCapt_Megasauce Posts: 138
    I’m experiencing the same thing on my iPhone X as well as the specials button not working unless I repeatedly tap it. The game is buggy as you know what. All my other apps and games had updated with optimization for the new iPhone days before its release. This is costing me champs in AW and AQ... please fix ASAP Kabam!
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Pertinax @Ad0ra_ anyone???

Also, the screen looks too far to the right which also has affected gameplay. My champs have dashed back behind the screen to the left and my evades don’t seem to work as well if at all.
    PaleHaunt wrote: »
    I am here to agree with this and add some. This game is BROKEN on the iPhone X. The block / dash forward is a HUGE problem. The SP button not working is bad too. The borders on the sides are terrible, and the entire format has been squeezed down without moving the functionality around. The UI's swipe up to home feature is in the way of the SP button Unless you are VERY precise and near the top of the button, it doesn't fire. I HOPE developers have the phone in hand now, and can make the adjustments QUICKLY. I can't afford to keep playing this game in alliance events when Im spending units upon units to stay alive because of glitches.

Amen to that! I just lost all my champs in both war and AQ bc of Kabams failed attempt at optimization. None of my other games or apps have suffered. All of them sent out optimization updates days before and all work seamlessly. Like we need another reason to not play the game. Good thing I bought Assassins Creed Origins
  • WC303WC303 Posts: 88
    I have to say that I’ve been playing on my iPhone X since I got it on Friday, and I noticed this at first. However, I realized that the game seems a bit smaller than it was on my iPhone 6 Plus even though the actual screen is the same size. The special button is farther over to the left, which means you have to alter your thumb placement when playing. I don’t think it’s a game issue, but you never know. I also haven’t noticed the dashing instead of blocking thing. I’m no Kabam apologist, trust me. These very well could be issues. I’m just offering my opinion.
    PaleHaunt wrote: »
    I am here to agree with this and add some. This game is BROKEN on the iPhone X. The block / dash forward is a HUGE problem. The SP button not working is bad too. The borders on the sides are terrible, and the entire format has been squeezed down without moving the functionality around. The UI's swipe up to home feature is in the way of the SP button Unless you are VERY precise and near the top of the button, it doesn't fire. I HOPE developers have the phone in hand now, and can make the adjustments QUICKLY. I can't afford to keep playing this game in alliance events when Im spending units upon units to stay alive because of glitches.

Yes, yes, yes. I totally agree with this. They need to do something about the UI. That would alleviate the issues.
    WC303 wrote: »
    I have to say that I’ve been playing on my iPhone X since I got it on Friday, and I noticed this at first. However, I realized that the game seems a bit smaller than it was on my iPhone 6 Plus even though the actual screen is the same size. The special button is farther over to the left, which means you have to alter your thumb placement when playing. I don’t think it’s a game issue, but you never know. I also haven’t noticed the dashing instead of blocking thing. I’m no Kabam apologist, trust me. These very well could be issues. I’m just offering my opinion.

If you play with a champ that you need to hold block you will notice the dash forward.
  • So much for apple os being the #1 platform for this game. Not that it was every actually true it's simply a device issue. The issue in this case is you bought an overpriced device with half the capabilities and hardware of the superior iPhone 8 and newer Samsung devices. Probably isn't supported by the game. Thats not something that will be fixed easily.
    Please let's use the right language so we can get a mod to respond to this. I'd like to know they are at least aware of these issues and are working on a fix.
    So much for apple os being the #1 platform for this game. Not that it was every actually true it's simply a device issue. The issue in this case is you bought an overpriced device with half the capabilities and hardware of the superior iPhone 8 and newer Samsung devices. Probably isn't supported by the game. Thats not something that will be fixed easily.

Half the capabilities and hardware of the superior iPhone 8? lol, are you serious, or are you just mad because you didn't wait for the X?
  • Fredy_4Fredy_4 Posts: 20
    I can’t play on this damn phone!
  • Fredy_4Fredy_4 Posts: 20
    I have experienced everything said above. It has cost me champs in both aq and aw.
  • LosspikLosspik Posts: 253 ★★
    I'm on an iPhone 8 plus and have been experiencing these issues as well. The ui for me has changed size, blocks on the screen where the notch would be don't work, weird dashes forward. Latest ios 11.2 please fix this Kabam moved from Android to ios with this phone and I'm tempted to move back to save me using resources
  • Otto@.mail.ru
  • HeartlessHeartless Posts: 298 ★★
    I have some issues to playing on mine. The special buttons need to be centered closer to the middle of the screen, its hard to adjust my thumbs to play the game differently. I also agree the screen makes the game seem kind of bigger which affects gameplay. I think once I get my phone case it should alleviate some of my issues with other parts of my hand touching the screen and throwing my fighting off some.
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey everyone. I'm sorry to see that you're having these issues on your iPhone X's. I will look into this for you and get back to you once I have an update. Thanks for your patience.
  • B1gG4zB1gG4z Posts: 146
    I am having no issues at all. It’s amazing. Also the sp button is further over to the left which probably makes you think it’s not working but it does. You need to adjust where you press. Been playing on this phone since Friday and it’s such a fast phone
    I am having no issues at all. It’s amazing. Also the sp button is further over to the left which probably makes you think it’s not working but it does. You need to adjust where you press. Been playing on this phone since Friday and it’s such a fast phone

Try using blade and holding his block to regen, he will just dash forward for no reason.
    I use blade all the time in AQ and story stuff and he regens normally for me when I block
    I use blade all the time in AQ and story stuff and he regens normally for me when I block

Just stop it, it doesnt work on the iphone X. Everyone that has got one has the issue, I know at least 50+ people with same results not 1 has said they have no issue. Are you saying you are the only one it works for? You have the 1 magic phone lol.
    TheBlet wrote: »
    Pretty sure this happens on all devices at time. I’ve had it ph iPhone 6 before

Its never happened on my 6+ which I still have and have been using due to the X and its problems.
    Watched killagrns video about mcoc on different iPhones, he mentioned the weirdly-to-the-left location of the special button but didn't mention the other issues
    Watched killagrns video about mcoc on different iPhones, he mentioned the weirdly-to-the-left location of the special button but didn't mention the other issues

I dont see a blade or someone that needs to charge block on his team....soooo
    Draco2199 wrote: »

Wouldn't every champ require regular blocking?

But anyway, I do have blade as a main champ so I'm definitely rooting for this to be fixed for the X. Even if a subset of people experience these problems, it seems to be a large enough portion to warrant fixing this very quickly. The X is very new, few people have it, but soon many more will and then these threads will blow up.
    So ignore the fighting, I know it’s not perfect but my aim was to block as much as I can to show you that on my device it’s working perfectly.

https://youtu.be/bI3EfvDTeCc
    Draco2199 wrote: »

Wouldn't every champ require regular blocking?

But anyway, I do have blade as a main champ so I'm definitely rooting for this to be fixed for the X. Even if a subset of people experience these problems, it seems to be a large enough portion to warrant fixing this very quickly. The X is very new, few people have it, but soon many more will and then these threads will blow up.

Its not regular blocking its blocking and holding. Its already a known problem so when people say it doesnt happen on their device I can only laugh.