**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who is your guilty pleasure?

SnuggzySnuggzy Posts: 244 ★★
Which champs, if any, outside of the truly revered stars of the game do you enjoy playing, and why?

There are so many fun, overlooked characters who just don't cut the mustard in endgame content, but are just great to play around with. In my case, I really enjoy Hawkeye. Sure, he isn't anything overly special, but I just find that bleed and power drain on SP1 to be so satisfying. He probably is slightly underrated, too, in all fairness.

Comments

• SnuggzySnuggzy Posts: 244 ★★
    Rookiie said:

iHulk, Masacre & Silver Surfer
    All so satisfying to play

I haven't really had a chance to play around with iHulk (only recently pulled him as a 5*), but I'm sure looking forward to it.

Massacre is great, I agree.

As for Surfer, I haven't mastered his gameplay yet, so don't find him all that enjoyable. I'm sure I will, though, in time.
    Ebony_Naw said:

Psylocke for sure

Yes. Psylocke is another that I really enjoy. Her power control is top notch.
    Hoitado said:

Iceman and Dragon Man

My 5*R5 Dragon Man agrees wholeheartedly.
  • Stebo_79Stebo_79 Posts: 636 ★★★
    Outside of the top tier I really like playing with Starky, Sassy, Man-Thing and Gambit
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,763 ★★★★★
    Snuggzy said:

Rookiie said:

iHulk, Masacre & Silver Surfer
    All so satisfying to play

I haven't really had a chance to play around with iHulk (only recently pulled him as a 5*), but I'm sure looking forward to it.

Massacre is great, I agree.

As for Surfer, I haven't mastered his gameplay yet, so don't find him all that enjoyable. I'm sure I will, though, in time.
    You're gonna love iHulk
    Surfer is a bit tough to master, but very rewarding Unblockable SP2 when you set it up right

Killmonger. He’s just buttery smooth

I actually can't believe that he isn't butter.

Recently, I opted to take KP to R5 over him, but it was a mightily tough decision. He'll definitely be going up, at the earliest opportunity.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    For me I have an R3 Psylocke, IMIW, I-Hulk and soon to be R3 Spider-gwen and Gambit. They're probably my favourite non-beyond crazy god tier champs.

Psylocke has such a fun, power control the opponent and intercept in the corner playstyle, along with really respectable damage

IMIW has bucket loads of utility, really great ramp up damage and is so much fun to play

I-Hulk just wrecks, 55 hit takedowns of RoL fights in a minute just blow me away, he is probably my second favourite champ to play at the moment. He's got a decent amount of utility too with his immunity to regen rate modification, large secondary source of damage, large amount of debuffs, stun of specials, regeneration you can build from 0 gamma, 0 health. Just an all around beast.

SpiderGwen just never runs out of uses for me, slow, enervate, unblockable specials 100% evade. There's not much more fun than heavy spamming in the corner right out of an sp1. My record is 12 heavies in a row I think.

Gambit is awesome, power control, no passive damage back from medium, heavy and specials, big damage specials when they crit, perfect block, bleed resistance. Very fun champ.

• Salve_maker05Salve_maker05 Posts: 407 ★★★
    Nightcrawler

My true guilty pleasure champs are Phoenix, Guillotine, Storm X, Gwenpool and Black Panther. Obviously some of them are quite good even in that list, but I would consider them more middle of the pack these days

Storm X is great! In fact, I enjoy pretty much everyone on that list, except possibly Phoenix, but that's probably because I don't have her above a 4*, so rarely use her. Gwenpool, in particular, is so much fun to play.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    Ultron
  • MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,495 ★★★★★
    Mojo. Love watching that chunky boi throw his weight around and seeing the numbers with that 5 follower fury.
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    Killmonger (although I think he is a top 10 champ), P2099 and Mr. Fantastic!
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Dormammu. Ridiculous utility and great sustainability. Often left behind because his damange is kind of mediocre. Gets a somewhat okay boost to damage from my iHulk.

Terrax (when I didn't run suicides). Really like his playstyle. He's just an unfortunate casualty of 99% of my top champs being very suicide friendly.

Dr. Strange. I was actually toying with the idea of taking my 6* Strange to R3...he's 100% going to R3 if I ever awaken him - that's the only thing that stopped me the other day lol.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    zuffy said:

Iron Fist. Simple like colossus and smooth move sets. Just waiting for his buff where his punches will act like an iron fist.

I absolutely agree, he was one of my absolute favourite champs from when I started playing. It was the first month of the game so not much to choose from. I thought his animations were so smooth and back then his damage was really good lol. First 2* I maxed out.

Now I got him from the 3k mystic science dual class a few days ago, so I’m thinking it’s almost poetic if he gets a buff
  • RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★
    Old man Logan
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

Alina li.

Martin Li?
    Illyana Rasputin?
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Mojo he's just a lot of fun to play and he honestly gets slept on. Once you get his fury going his damage is ridiculous.

His ability to shorten buffs by 90% is ridiculous.

I gave my 5* a generic and 199 Sig stones and don't regret it one bit.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Bishop . .pre-buff ... for some reason I always liked his kit and such ... always had fun using him anytime I could ...

now with buff .. he's even more useful . so looking forward to using him more often in harder content!! :)
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,567 ★★★★★
    Gwenpool - fun, useful & smooth animations
  • mattressmattress Posts: 404 ★★
    Skill- Night Thrasher
    Mutant- Emma
    Cosmic- terrax
    Mystic- mojo/ mephisto
    Science- Gulk
    Tech- mysterio