**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

A Tip for Avoiding SoP Symbiote Supreme’s Nullification Nuke

Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★★
edited July 2021 in Strategy and Tips
It is possible to avoid the nuke damage, although you will still take a chunk of damage from Close Encounters.

SS has three phases. Chthon’s Cunning, Null’s Shadow, and Set’s Fangs that he rotated through in that order. It is the phase that he starts in, Chthon’s Cunning, that just auto-nullifies everything currently on you and crushes your hopes and dreams. He automatically transitions to his next phase every 15 seconds, but it is important to note here that if SS uses his sp1, he switches to his next phase immediately.

From what I’ve seen, it takes approximately the same amount of time for him to switch phases as it does for the Placeboes to wear off of you. So, if you want to dodge the massive damage from him shifting into Chton’s Cunning, you need to not hit him for the duration of Set’s Fangs AND not let him throw his sp1. This will give you enough time for your Placeboes, as well as any of your own buffs, to fall off, thereby avoiding the worst of the damage.

This is not easy. Ideally, you want SS to get to an sp2 at the beginning of his Set’s Fangs phase. Then just dex that and ride out the phase. You’ll want to parry and just stand near him as much as you can to offset the Close Encounters damage.

Please note that this is NOT a perfect solution. You almost certainly will still take at least some damage, like the dexterity perk getting nullified off of you. But this goes from just a straight auto-kill to something that is very survivable.

If you have any techniques you’ve found to be useful, feel free to share with the class here. Good luck y’all, and happy hunting!
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• BendyBendy Posts: 3,135 ★★★★★
    Yeah i kept dying to this was rather annoying as he gained so much power that he could double special soloed once but control denial was my worse attempt since i feel not enough damage before detonation if the placebo doesn't wear off before the full buff nullify
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★★
    Yeah, I had to turn on suicides for the Control Denial attempt to get enough damage output to get through without it being an item sink. These objectives were tough but I really enjoyed it.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    Thanks. Didn't realise the SP1 was causing a change. That'll be helpful with the last target - still need to get him down with a Mercenary.

do you have red guardian?

Yes, and I did do an initial one-shot clear with him. Unfortunately, he doesn’t accomplish any of the objectives.

There are many champions outside of the objectives who can handle this fight, but I wanted to provide some help for those who were struggling to get through it with Cosmic/Mercenary/Control: Denial champions.

Thanks. Didn't realise the SP1 was causing a change. That'll be helpful with the last target - still need to get him down with a Mercenary.

A lot of my alliance mates have been getting one-shots with Domino, letting the critical bleed off her sp2 do the bulk of the work. I don’t have her ranked up, so I used BWDO. Used two revives, really only needed one but I goofed after the first one. If you use her, it’s also important to let your shocks fall off so that redoubled determination doesn’t ruin your life.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    You can also let RNG take the wheel.

If you have champs that can decrease ability accuracy like Domino Taskmaster Mr Sinister etc then you can simply skip phases of Symbiote Supreme.

Pacify also helps. Stun him right before the buff change and you have an additional 30% chance that it might fail.

That way you can go ham and do as much damage as possible with a little luck.

That way you can get a 1 shot Hyperion too.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Use thing
    I don’t mean to be rude or dismissive, I just know how quickly threads get knocked wildly off course and I’m trying to help people out with some genuinely difficult challenges. Completion, while still commendable, is a *much* lower bar and can be talked about in its own thread.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

I don’t mean to be rude or dismissive, I just know how quickly threads get knocked wildly off course and I’m trying to help people out with some genuinely difficult challenges. Completion, while still commendable, is a *much* lower bar and can be talked about in its own thread.

This guide/tip is helpful indeed. I suggest you just ignore those mentioning non-objective type counters as most of us knew already and those replies helps nothing.

BTW, I used BWCV for denial and I just keep pushing SS to SP2 with aggressive intercept + regen mode SP2, still can’t avoid SS’ cunning mode and suffer huge damage yet it is slightly better. Used 1 revive to finish the last 25%. Also, I tried DV afterwards and his SP2 + odd combo helps me to one shot him. Thanks to YT guide from Jason Vooches.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,282 ★★★★★
    Reference said:

Wicket329 said:

This guide/tip is helpful indeed. I suggest you just ignore those mentioning non-objective type counters as most of us knew already and those replies helps nothing.

BTW, I used BWCV for denial and I just keep pushing SS to SP2 with aggressive intercept + regen mode SP2, still can’t avoid SS’ cunning mode and suffer huge damage yet it is slightly better. Used 1 revive to finish the last 25%. Also, I tried DV afterwards and his SP2 + odd combo helps me to one shot him. Thanks to YT guide from Jason Vooches.
    What I noticed with Claire was that hitting Sym supreme with SP2 buff immunity just before he cycles into the chthons cunning(nullification phase) prevents him from dealing any damage/nullifying your buffs/placebos.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Graves_3 said:

Reference said:

Wicket329 said:

What I noticed with Claire was that hitting Sym supreme with SP2 buff immunity just before he cycles into the chthons cunning(nullification phase) prevents him from dealing any damage/nullifying your buffs/placebos.
    Thanks for that hints. I always wonder BWCV should have ways to bypass such huge damage but I have no clues ytd. Thanks again.