**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Off Season AW Strategy

What is the best way to approach off season for AW? Seems most alliances are deliberately dropping points and we are getting easy wins. Will this mess us up for the start of the new season or does it not make a difference overall?

We did see at the start of the last season that a lot of big alliances were being matched against us where they had low war rating.

What does your alliance do?

Comments

• MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    We're not delib dropping points but the whole war meta is near its all-time worst... and that's saying something. Combine that with off-season offering not much for locking up champs I'd rather have for other content and we just don't care. As an officer I'm not going to push people to join when I don't want to myself. We can't even fill a single bg lately.
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    We don't do any of them until the last 2 of offseason jsut for some practice etc...
  • damianohmdamianohm Posts: 154
    Yea, we are getting matched against alliances that only hit about 2 or 3 nodes, so even with 14 in 2 bgs we are still winning!
  • Jeal79Jeal79 Posts: 443 ★★★
    2 different philosophies here...

In wars you attain higher multipliers to your score the higher the tier you are in. However a win grants you 50k bonus points (pre-multiplier)

Some alliances drop tiers to guarantee wins although those wins are worth less because the multiplier is lower. There is a risk to this. Just because you dropped tier does not guarantee you a win as you might be matched against a stronger alliance that did exactly the same thing.

If you are outside of the top tiers, you can continue to win wars during the "off-season" to climb up the tiers. When season begins all of your wins/losses will be worth more because of the multiplier. The likelyhood is that you will win less, but those losses will be worth more.

Up to each alliance which strategy they use but on the whole I agree that the state of war right now is an all time low. With seasons indefinitely on hold there isn't much incentive to participate. My ally has reduced to 1 BG because we have a handful of players that still want to take part but I've used this as an opportunity to progress in story without 8x champs being locked 3 times per week