**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Game Down earlier than posted, going to lose boosts

With scheduled maintenance happening at around 11pm EST, we are always reminded to make sure we use up our energy or whatnot before this happens.

I activated 4 special boosts - two of which I spent approximately 150,000 Valor Points on, so that I could fight Magik in the Labyrinth with multiple boosts in enough time before maintenance was to occur.

However, just 10 minutes into my boosts, and with Magik down to about 1.09m, the game became very laggy, choppy, and threw up "Connection error" messages, before finally timing out to the "Emergency Maintenance" message.

What is going to happen to my boosts, especially the ones I have lost Valor on? At the time of my screenshot I was to have around 40min of play, more than enough time to finish off Magik with the boosts, which I have now lost.

Please help!

xpv1o97ii9iv.png

5zyis6ynfbq7.png

Comments

• Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    Confused, first screen has 41% battery, second 45% battery.

Charge your phone you silly!
  • KittyKitty Posts: 9
    Clearly it is up to 45% because I -am- charging my battery. :trollface:
    Oh right you are.

Too bad Kabam won't do anything to compensate you. Bet you get some "send a support ticket in game" while the servers are down.

• Renegade_doggy he is charging it silly.... look at the pictures that little lightning bolt in both of them means charging.

Look closer next time silly.
    @Bucky22 I'm a she, but thank you!
  • Oops sorry kitty! Good luck with the boosts that's a crappy deal
  • sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    This is from daylight savings. Kabam is in their own timezone for special people
  • BlueDevilsBlueDevils Posts: 18
    Same issue here. Fresh 30% champion boost and 20% health boost active. 😭
  • Geeez, that sucks! I do hope they address these issues - it’s fine and well acknowledging an outage, but it’s failure to address stuff like this that causes their reputation to plummet.
    Good luck on the rest of your run!
    No worries, we're not a common player base!

Thank you, I hope something can be done. I have minimal time to take on the Labyrinth fights so this was my time to do it and I could have gotten her down well before the 40 min (I generally stop anything important 10 min before maintenance).

@sbb75 - I thought of that, but it was 20 min past when maintenance would start if it were the normal time. And the warning mail reflected current timezone. Interesting thought.
    edited November 2017
    That's to be expected on some things. I lost a revive and health earlier today because the game went down and when it came up it didn't prompt me to resume the fight. Things like that, I can let slide. But part of this - which I do understand is not planned - can set players back who may have done things like use energy refills or arena boosts etc to get as much done before the actual scheduled maintenance.

Edit: In my case, I can't get some of these back (tech boosts, valor, etc.) I can understand if someone used them 10min prior to the cutoff lost out, but 40min before I would hope they can be understanding and try to assist any way they can.
    Thank you all for the support and encouragement, at least. I am hopeful Kabam can help. If not, it helps to know there's support for me and anyone else in this unfortunate position.
  • hero3hero3 Posts: 112
    not being rude and feel sorry your circumstance..... but whyyyy....
    its hardly exactly on schedule and can last even longer than 'planned'..

especially your playing big content. i'd just waste my energy on cat runs or something around maintenance times or simple arena matches..

good luck though if they return something.

lesson for others out there.
  • Kabam will screwed all of us. They are not going to compensate even if it is emergency maintenance. Happen too many times and wrote to their support department and all we get is the generic replies.
  • KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    Yup, they won't even respond to this post. Their true colors have shown fully. They really don't care about anything but putting deals out. Very sad we are stuck with this.
    hero3 wrote: »
    not being rude and feel sorry your circumstance..... but whyyyy....
    its hardly exactly on schedule and can last even longer than 'planned'..

especially your playing big content. i'd just waste my energy on cat runs or something around maintenance times or simple arena matches..

good luck though if they return something.

lesson for others out there.

Seems fairly straightforward as to why. There was an hour left in maintenance, so OP boosted for 30 minutes and 40 minutes respectively. Still gives 20 minutes of "extra time" before "scheduled maintenance".

Kabam send us emails regularly for us to "finish using your energy before maintenance" which for many users means squeezing every last drop before maintenance. I don't think it's wrong to anticipate that they will bring the servers down at the scheduled time.
  • RydertheblackRydertheblack Posts: 296
    You had been kabammed. I was about to hit the last quest in the bounty valor thingy, and the game went down... I guess someone forgot to change the clock for daylight saving
  • Hey all! This earlier than expected maintenance was not part of the scheduled weekly maintenance, just want to clear that up. Miike created a thread here on the topic for clarity.

@Kitty - I AM really sorry for the frustration caused by the emergency maintenance. I expect our teams will be looking into this to determine how players, like yourself, may have been affected beyond "just" the downtime, though this may end up being a situation to be handled on a case by case basis. Please hang in there for more details! Thank you for your patience!
This discussion has been closed.