Options

Thoughts on 6* Priorities

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,593 ★★★★★
edited August 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Not meant to be a flex post (although it probably comes across as one), but I’m trying to triage 6* rankups over the next couple of months.

I will hit the last or second to last SoP milestone, and I’m 60+% on mutant and skill T5 with others at around 30-40%.

Assume most if not all decent 5*’s are either R5 or could be if needed. Also assume roster is static with no significant 6* adds. I’m not pressing for any special content (although I will complete my last runs on 7.2.6 this month) and I’m not a heavily competitive player.

Questions:
1) Which class/classes for full T5c would you choose?
2) Which champs get the R3 nod? I tend to favor Prof and Elsa because I use them heavily, but I’m open to suggestions. DM also a favorite, and I’m probably going to invest time in Tigra this month.

Opinions appreciated.

Dr. Zola
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    I mean you can't go wrong with mutant. You could take up Mags, Colossus, Prof X, Havok, etc. If you're looking for an under the radar option, I'd say iHulk. Considering you have such a developed roster and pretty much someone for every situation, iHulk is great at specific nodes that other champs are terrible with.
  • Options
    odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,385 ★★★★★
    Mutant and skill
    Mags/prof x and Elsa
  • Options

I mean you can't go wrong with mutant. You could take up Mags, Colossus, Prof X, Havok, etc. If you're looking for an under the radar option, I'd say iHulk. Considering you have such a developed roster and pretty much someone for every situation, iHulk is great at specific nodes that other champs are terrible with.

iHulk is growing on me. I have an ally mate who swears by his R2. He has a Ronan-like ability to cheese content.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,385 ★★★★★
    Your 6 star roster is very good
    Kinda jelly

- Odishika
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    In your position i would rank up tigra, OGBP (for fun) and ihulk,
  • Options

Your 6 star roster is very good
    Kinda jelly

- Odishika

Thank you—it’s taken off in the past couple of months. Torch and CGR over July 4 (yes, I did buy the nexus), Mags today. Dupe if Tigra this week. No room for complaints.

Dr. Zola
  • Options

In your position i would rank up tigra, OGBP (for fun) and ihulk,

I like that! Hadn’t given BP a look but I do love the 5*.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Honestly, you have a ton of great options, in fact tech and cosmic are the only classes where I would say you arguably don’t have an excellent R3 option, although Angela and Doc Oc could even be in contention. So which of the remaining classes you want to choose really just comes down to who you want to take up

In mutant Prof X (if you don’t run suicides) and Mags really stand out to me, both are insanely good. Havok and Storm X are pretty great too.

For science, She-Hulk and Mr Fantastic are the great options, even Spider-Gwen. Ihulk is good but not over the first two options as far as I’m concerned.

In terms of the skill class, Killmonger (who could have seen that coming) and Kingpin are the two excellent champs in there, but ultimately rank who you enjoy, and Elsa isn’t bad at all. Your 6* Hood and Kingpin are both duped, and pair extremely well, so there might be an argument for taking them up, as much as I despise new Hood

Tigra and Dragon Man would receive my mystic vote, if you’re willing to to out the work in on Tigra she’s the better of the two, but you can’t go wrong with either

So, if I were in your shoes:

I would be ranking Prof X, but holding out for the mutant catalyst since you’re close

Use a Skill T5CC on Killmonger (or Elsa if you’re ranking for enjoyment over usefulness (not looking to start a war here)), then pick another skill T5CC and get that Kingpin up

The final T5CC I would choose would be Mystic, and you could go one of two routes. Either rank hood to make a banging pair of R3’s, or rank Dragon Man/Tigra. Personally I would lean Dragon Man since Tigra takes a whole lot of practice, and by the time I think you’ll have mastered her you’ll have another mystic T5CC anyway, so might as well take up Dragon Man/Hood to provide use in the meantime. However, remember the Guillotine buff is coming up, that may be worth waiting to see if what it’s like

I would certainly be taking Hood, Tigra, Kingpin, maybe Angela, She-Hulk, Ihulk, Mr Fantastic, Mags, and, if this were my personal account, Storm (since I really like her) all at least to R2. Provided you don’t run suicides, a champ like Mr Fantastic really hates them

But it’s a great roster, and I don’t think you can really go wrong whichever way you choose to go. Hope I’ve been able to help in some sort of capacity, I have a tendency to ramble and not make a ton of sense
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,193 ★★★★★
    Mutant and mystic -- Apoc and Doom.
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Do GoldPool for the Flex
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Honestly can not tell you how much r2->r3 Elsa helps. It brings her from great to amazing and is 100% worth it if you play her a lot at r2.
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,820 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Hoitado said:

Do GoldPool for the Flex

Honestly this.
    I have mine at 5/65 Sig 200. He doesn't get much action, but I'm proud of him nonetheless.
    Then iHulk. iHulk is a monster. Also have him at 5/65 Sig 200. I can swear by him too.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,097 ★★★★★
    Still feels like a flex post but still 👏 congrats
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    I'd go 1 mutant for Prof X and mystic for Tigra.
  • Options
    SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    I would recommend skill and mutant…u have so many good mutant options and i would recommend using the skill on kingpin…i havent had elsa at a playable level ever so i cant comment on that but i have a 5* r5 kingpin and he is my favourite skill champ right now..he is awesome both with and without suicides and that contant regen if u have willpower makes it so much more relaxing to play with him
    Honourable mentions include dragon man and tigra if u want to go the mystic way and ihulk and she hulk if u wanna go the science way(i honestly have been hoping to pull dragon man and ihulk as r3 options since i run suicides more often than not)
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Thanks all—I’ve tended to think grabbing a mutant T5 for Prof (if I don’t have one formed yet) with the mutant fragments used for Mags.

Skill I will wait to form—Aegon dupe would change my mind, but either Elsa or KP are likely candidates for going up.

Which leaves the second T5 from SoP. Only thing I ponder is doubling up on Skill and taking Elsa and KP to R3. Either that or mystic and DM. Good advice on holding off for Tigra.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,880 Guardian
    Mystic and mutant.
    Go loki and profx
  • Options
    benshbbenshb Posts: 797 ★★★★
    Mutant class is so stacked. I would take 1 or 2 from each of the other classes but I will go all out on mutant, both 6* and T5C. It's safe to assume that you have a good 60-70% chance to pull something good from the 6*, and having excess mutant T5C is a must. You could dupe apoc, colossus, magneto, or pull bishop or cable as new ones, there you have at least 4 easily R3 candidate
  • Options
    TaxTax Posts: 105
    Glad to see all the thoughts about iHulk. I have him at r2 and was debating between him and Thing for r3