**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Grandmaster bug compensation

Comments

• SaquongoatSaquongoat Posts: 133 ★★
    The mistake they're making here is people averaged 3 more revives PER GRANDMASTER FIGHT. As someone who did the fight twice while bugged, I feel 3 is an insult. 6 is still not as much as I used, but I'm below average skill-wise. Why should I be getting as many revives as Fred who only did one path, or George who did 4 paths?
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

DawsMan said:

ItsDamien said:

DawsMan said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Amusing that they used averages to determine this compensation.

Which kind of average? Did you average the number of users who did this prior to the fix and post fix? Because how do you equate tens of thousands of people before, to the potential hundreds of thousands who did it after?

What type of average? Did you use mode, mean or median averages to determine that this joke compensation? Because each of those would have had VASTLY different outcomes.

Why would they average people who did the Fight post-fix? It doesn't apply to this bug.
    Because Miike stated, the average difference between those who did it bugged and those who didn't equated to the compensation. Which means they looked at some form of difference between the bugged fight and the non bugged fight. It wasn't the average of the people affected that they decided this on.

Come on man.
    Yes, I had a brain freeze. I clued in with my last comment.
    However, the idea isn't to compensate everything that was used. It was to average the extra used for that bug, so I can see what he's saying.
    Yes but WHAT type of Average. A mean average is different from a mode average which is different from a median average. Because it seems to me they chose the lowest average and called it a day.
    mean. Not even kabam would use the mode and the median would take too long. Why would it be anything other than mean. They don't need to try and screw us when there are tons of revives being spent on both sides of the bug.
    I'd rather they took longer and actually compensated fairly instead of taking the quick and dirty option. It would at least make their data argument seem meaningful instead of just saying it to save face.
    Averages are widely used. I doubt a program could do everything they would have to do to figure out each individuals potential revive compensation. Thousands of fights probably had to be looked over by a human.
    10 revives .. based on my own experience plus the experiences of my alliance mates and friends across other alliances. 10 would have been reasonable.

Cold data doesn’t give you any insight without perspective of actual player experience.
    They aren't in alliances or play the game. I'm not saying what they gave was right but when you have averages the lowest of lows and highest of highs really flatten things out.
  • ThēMandalorianThēMandalorian Posts: 287 ★★★
    You're joking... Right?
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Skiddy212 said:

All quiet now. Whatever, the silence speaks volumes.

Dude, the workday is over for them
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 792 ★★★★
    That "data" you see that players are using many resources after the "bug fix". Is because the parry and dex are still pretty janky. And sure, that's the other issue going on, but then again how can you calculate the difference when an other bug is affecting the fight (like 2 out of 5 sp1 you get clipped [on average], and I literally had an intercept- which should have been mine, but the game lagged in the exact second we would clash and he came out victorious.)