**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What is going on?!

ForumerForumer Posts: 93 ★★
So, not sure where this post will go, just really frustrated as I’m sure we all are (including the devs) rn.

I know the game is going through a rough patch with the parry bug, but the amount of things that have just been bugged or messed up in the past 2 months is absurd. Let’s go over them:

1. Wrong cav drop rates THREE times (I know it’s free crystals but come on what the heck)!!

2. SoP week 10 bugged.

3. Darkhawk point taken away even if you just entered the quest. Isn’t it pretty bad that I already predicted something along those lines would happen?

4. The obvious parry/Dex bugs which I understand (honestly in my case the only difference was my late parry failed so I just adjusted my timing).

5?. I was playing around with Doctor Strange against 4.3.6 Venom and he just decided he wanted the freedom to attack by himself (auto was not on). This happened twice, both in consecutive fights but never again after that so I put the ? since it may have been my device somehow. Let me know if and of you have experienced this!

6. Ghost is currently bugged and can no longer phase in time to avoid recoil on sp2 with the Hood synergy.

7. Ghost in SoP can resurrect and reflect damage back after a fatal blow, though this may be intended.

All this in the last 2 months or so. Please note that there may be some I missed, this is just based off of my personal experience and some I’ve seen on YouTube (BG losing to a 0% Ghost lol).

The point I’m trying to make is this: I know games have bugs, but I’ve been playing this game for 6 or so years and it has never been this bad. Every new piece of content releasing is bugged, and it really leaves me wondering what the hell is going on with the game and it’s devs currently. It really feels like everything that can go wrong is going wrong.

if you got this far, thanks for reading!

Comments

• Options
    _wasabi_ said:

Forumer said:

So, not sure where this post will go, just really frustrated as I’m sure we all are (including the devs) rn.

I know the game is going through a rough patch with the parry bug, but the amount of things that have just been bugged or messed up in the past 2 months is absurd. Let’s go over them:

1. Wrong cav drop rates THREE times (I know it’s free crystals but come on what the heck)!!

2. SoP week 10 bugged.

3. Darkhawk point taken away even if you just entered the quest. Isn’t it pretty bad that I already predicted something along those lines would happen?

4. The obvious parry/Dex bugs which I understand (honestly in my case the only difference was my late parry failed so I just adjusted my timing).

5?. I was playing around with Doctor Strange against 4.3.6 Venom and he just decided he wanted the freedom to attack by himself (auto was not on). This happened twice, both in consecutive fights but never again after that so I put the ? since it may have been my device somehow. Let me know if and of you have experienced this!

6. Ghost is currently bugged and can no longer phase in time to avoid recoil on sp2 with the Hood synergy.

7. Ghost in SoP can resurrect and reflect damage back after a fatal blow, though this may be intended.

All this in the last 2 months or so. Please note that there may be some I missed, this is just based off of my personal experience and some I’ve seen on YouTube (BG losing to a 0% Ghost lol).

The point I’m trying to make is this: I know games have bugs, but I’ve been playing this game for 6 or so years and it has never been this bad. Every new piece of content releasing is bugged, and it really leaves me wondering what the hell is going on with the game and it’s devs currently. It really feels like everything that can go wrong is going wrong.

You missed quite a few things but just want to confirm your #5
    Happened to me on few occasions as if someone hacked my phone and played instead of me. Champion literary playing on his own, dexed full Mojos SP2 (at least he played well lol). My fingers far away from the device, screen clean. Mulder and Scully would not believe it. Maybe Mulder would lol

Game is in horrible state and I too wonder what the heck is going on. Lag is out of this world this month. I am reading forums daily, it's flooded with bug reports and posts full of frustration. Just layers and layers of problems.
    I am not happy about all of this at all, really breaks ones heart after playing this game for such a long time.

Act 8: The Champions’ battle for fighting independence. And at least your champs dex specials, when it happened to me my Doc Strange just whiffed against the Venom and took a combo to the face.
  • Options
    _wasabi__wasabi_ Posts: 102 ★★
    Forumer said:

_wasabi_ said:

Forumer said:

2. SoP week 10 bugged.

You missed quite a few things but just want to confirm your #5
    Happened to me on few occasions as if someone hacked my phone and played instead of me. Champion literary playing on his own, dexed full Mojos SP2 (at least he played well lol). My fingers far away from the device, screen clean. Mulder and Scully would not believe it. Maybe Mulder would lol

Game is in horrible state and I too wonder what the heck is going on. Lag is out of this world this month. I am reading forums daily, it's flooded with bug reports and posts full of frustration. Just layers and layers of problems.
    I am not happy about all of this at all, really breaks ones heart after playing this game for such a long time.

Act 8: The Champions’ battle for fighting independence. And at least your champs dex specials, when it happened to me my Doc Strange just whiffed against the Venom and took a combo to the face.
    I get KOed other times too when this miracle autoplay thing happens. This was just really funny occasion that is stuck in my mind cause you don't see that every day :smiley:
    These days is just lag after lag though, I don't even do any content right now except AQ and AW that I have to do as an alliance member and that is frustrating beyond believe too.
  • Options
    Shock29Shock29 Posts: 542 ★★★
    edited August 2021
    Onurre2 said:

-They silently "fixed" hercules and hoped everyone wouldn't notice with the supposed hotfix for the parry and dex
    -Ultron was bugged all the time since he got buffed and he still is
    -We are in the last 4 days of the month and still no information on the compensation
    -They gave everyone who just entered and quitted AND used 40 revives on the bugged grandmaster only 3 revives and 3 pots and thought that was a good idea to look at the data and than just take the average of their "data"
    -Constant freezes and lags all over the place after the hotfix and they don't even acknowledge it, they are just talking about parry and dex if they even talk

There are 5 days left in the month and info on compensation has come out. There is no specific date but they talk about it in News and Annoucements.

Some people have had lag and freezes and some people haven't experienced the issue at all. Its also unfair to say its wrong for them to talk about the parry and dex bug since that is such a huge problem that everyone has been wondering and asking about. Even you asked about compensation for the bug.
    Other than that, I don't have any problem with anything else you said
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,139 ★★★★★
    Largely agree but unsure if #7 is a bug - if you damage SOP Ghost while faltered all damage is reflected (like a Korg Lazarus node **** child). That might include the damage that would KO her. Happened to me at least once doing an sp3 on her that should've killed her so I think it is working as intended.

Everything else by and large sounds about right.
  • Options
    Shock29Shock29 Posts: 542 ★★★
    edited August 2021
    Onurre2 said:

Shock29 said:

Onurre2 said:

-They silently "fixed" hercules and hoped everyone wouldn't notice with the supposed hotfix for the parry and dex
    -Ultron was bugged all the time since he got buffed and he still is
    -We are in the last 4 days of the month and still no information on the compensation
    -They gave everyone who just entered and quitted AND used 40 revives on the bugged grandmaster only 3 revives and 3 pots and thought that was a good idea to look at the data and than just take the average of their "data"
    -Constant freezes and lags all over the place after the hotfix and they don't even acknowledge it, they are just talking about parry and dex if they even talk

There are 5 days left in the month and info on compensation has come out. There is no specific date but they talk about it in News and Annoucements.

Some people have had lag and freezes and some people haven't experienced the issue at all. Its also unfair to say its wrong for them to talk about the parry and dex bug since that is such a huge problem that everyone has been wondering and asking about. Even you asked about compensation for the bug.
    Other than that, I don't have any problem with anything else you said
    I don't know where you live but it is 27th of august here, so 4 days left for the end of the month. If you are counting today as well and saying 5 then its ok.

The info came about comp was that it will be delivered at the end of the month. If you think this was good and enough where there is 4 days left on the month and they are still silent then sure yeah they DID say something about the compo at the mid of the month and we still didn't get it where we are really close to the end of the month.

I also have parry and dex issues and I have nothing but just hope so they can fix it BUT with their hotfix they added freezes and lags for me on top of the parry and dex. What I'm trying to say is that they know, acknowledge and work on the parrydex but now most of the player base have lags and freezes aswell. I just want them to acknowledge it, not ignore parry and dex and just work on this.
    Its 26th of August for me so five days until the end of the month, at least for me. Kabam pretty much always gets compensation out by the time they say it will release, so even though its getting pretty close, it'll come out within the next couple days.

I see your point with the lag and freezes and I think I just misuderstood what you were saying. Tbh, I haven't really had any lag and freezes after the hotfix except in the new legends arena. I also haven't seen much of the parry/dex bug since the hotfix came out. I am not trying to say that issues that are happening don't exist because they are still around and I've seen many people, including you, discuss these issues but the parry/dex bug is bigger, has affected more people, and for longer, therefore taking up the spotlight. So, perhaps Kabam is still trying to see if this freeze and lag thing is a widespread issue affecting mostly everyone like the parry/dex bug because even if they haven't talked about in an annoucement, it doesn't mean they haven't talked about it at all or aren't aware of it. Kabam is most likely aware of it and they don't have to talk about it until they have confirmed its an issue and have relevant info to share about a fix.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,778 ★★★★★
    Forumer said:

Godliek said:

There are some obvious issues that is happening internally in the company, maybe lack of employees, maybe veteran employees are leaving and they're replacing them with in-experienced ones, we don't know, but what we know is this: if this continues, this game is not gonna last for long.

I hope they solved these issues soon.

Oh look, the obligatory "this games gonna die" post. 🙄🙄🙄

It could be, bare with me because it's a little out there, that they are having issues all companies run into..... I'll take my tinfoil hat off now. I know how crazy it sounds that companies experience issues. We all know everyone is perfect.
    I get that Demonz, I really do, but the amount of issues right now is crazy. I know that all games have bugs and devs make mistakes, but it’s like The bug Floodgates were opened and they’re coming all at once!
    Bear with me here, but perhaps these are all knock one effects of updating and working on the game engine.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    Forumer said:

Godliek said:

There are some obvious issues that is happening internally in the company, maybe lack of employees, maybe veteran employees are leaving and they're replacing them with in-experienced ones, we don't know, but what we know is this: if this continues, this game is not gonna last for long.

It could be, bare with me because it's a little out there, that they are having issues all companies run into..... I'll take my tinfoil hat off now. I know how crazy it sounds that companies experience issues. We all know everyone is perfect.
    I get that Demonz, I really do, but the amount of issues right now is crazy. I know that all games have bugs and devs make mistakes, but it’s like The bug Floodgates were opened and they’re coming all at once!
    Ever look at the change log posted after each update? There's always lots of bugs. There's 10-15 every month.
  • Options
    Forumer said:

Buttehrs said:

Forumer said:

Godliek said:

Bear with me here, but perhaps these are all knock one effects of updating and working on the game engine.
    I’m pretty sure that bugs/mistakes 1, 2 and 3 aren’t from updating the game engine. But yeah most of it is definitely from the updated game engine. Don’t see any reason you had to be so sarcastic though.
    3 absolutely had to do with it. They had to extend to another week of it because of the game engine. Which caused extra points which then needed to be removed. Number 1, no, that's totally on the sales division lol. And number 2 at least partly is because parry/dex is still not working right even though they fixed the competence bug. And finally the reason for being sarcastic, everyone knows all these problems going on. Coming onto the forums to complain and rant, like the 100 other threads that have as well, isn't going to make any of it work better any faster so badgering Kabam about it with threads daily is causing them more work than they already have.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    Forumer said:

Forumer said:

Godliek said:

Ever look at the change log posted after each update? There's always lots of bugs. There's 10-15 every month.
    Those are usually champion/node interactions. Most of these, not so much. Anyway can we at least agree that the past 2 months have been particularly bug infested?
    It's been one major bug stemming from the Unity Game Engine update they did. This makes it seem "more buggy" because it's very noticeable for some. Still nothing compared to the server issues that lasted for a month and half. That effected everyone. It's a major big yes. But this month isn't any more bug infested than others. Just different stuff.
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

Forumer said:

Buttehrs said:

Forumer said:

Godliek said:

I’m pretty sure that bugs/mistakes 1, 2 and 3 aren’t from updating the game engine. But yeah most of it is definitely from the updated game engine. Don’t see any reason you had to be so sarcastic though.
    3 absolutely had to do with it. They had to extend to another week of it because of the game engine. Which caused extra points which then needed to be removed. Number 1, no, that's totally on the sales division lol. And number 2 at least partly is because parry/dex is still not working right even though they fixed the competence bug. And finally the reason for being sarcastic, everyone knows all these problems going on. Coming onto the forums to complain and rant, like the 100 other threads that have as well, isn't going to make any of it work better any faster so badgering Kabam about it with threads daily is causing them more work than they already have.
    3 is on Kabam for just taking a point away from who entered instead of who beat it. 2 was caused by Kabam placing “Technique” on Mysterio instead of “Disables Technique”.

The intent of my thread was to voice my personal frustration as well as start a discussion about the current state of the game and what players think about the current issues and cadence of big bugs. Your comment was uncalled for.
  • Options

Forumer said:

Forumer said:

Godliek said:

Those are usually champion/node interactions. Most of these, not so much. Anyway can we at least agree that the past 2 months have been particularly bug infested?
    It's been one major bug stemming from the Unity Game Engine update they did. This makes it seem "more buggy" because it's very noticeable for some. Still nothing compared to the server issues that lasted for a month and half. That effected everyone. It's a major big yes. But this month isn't any more bug infested than others. Just different stuff.
    I agree with that. These bugs are far more noticeable than the usual ones. Thanks for the insightful post!
  • Options
    Skiddy212 said:

As you could notice from the recent grandmaster compensation thread, they don’t care much about righting the wrongs.

Their silence an the most recent comp package an these crappy arenas for their “appreciation” of us speaks volume about how they really feel.

I don’t think that’s a fair statement. Kabam obviously want their players to be satisfied.

As for the GM comp, it does suck but I won’t judge until we get an official response to calls for more compensation. Do keep in mind the amount of comp packages they’ve already had to send out in the recent months, a lot going to players completely unaffected by the control issues (I’m not saying that their response was appropriate though).

I honestly believe that the control issues are as frustrating for Kabam as they are for us, if not more.
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    I'm guessing they updated Unity and it broke everything, which caused a lot of scrambling around.

Doesn't change this whole year being a downer. SoP was easily the highlight for me, which is lucky, because otherwise this month has been such a slog that I'd have probably left for a year or so. So much grind for the sake of grinding.

Oh, and thanks for reminding me of the "hope nobody notices this" nerf to Herc's sig ability. It may not have been the intended effect, but the sig's description and the experience of fighting him for a month left everyone to believe that's how his ability worked.

Only to have it silently "fixed". After the Cav crystals sold, of course. Could have at least sent out a disclaimer during their sale or something.
  • Options
    Forumer said:

Buttehrs said:

Forumer said:

Buttehrs said:

Forumer said:

Godliek said:

3 is on Kabam for just taking a point away from who entered instead of who beat it. 2 was caused by Kabam placing “Technique” on Mysterio instead of “Disables Technique”.

The intent of my thread was to voice my personal frustration as well as start a discussion about the current state of the game and what players think about the current issues and cadence of big bugs. Your comment was uncalled for.
    This thread is uncalled for as there are already numerous other threads of exactly the same topic.
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

Forumer said:

Buttehrs said:

Forumer said:

Buttehrs said:

Forumer said:

Godliek said:

This thread is uncalled for as there are already numerous other threads of exactly the same topic.
    Most of those threads are either asking about compensation or asking when the bugs would be fixed. My thread is more about what people think of the bugs flying left and right.

Demonz answered that the reason the bugs feel more noticeable is because they’re so much worse, which is a very fair thing to say (though there have been a good amount not from the engine update. I’d say without the engine update bugs it would be a pretty normal month bugs-wise).

• Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Among those bugs and persistent issues, I think Kabam really need to focus most of its effort on one thing now: to make sure the control of champ is "reliable".

Regular freeze screen, connection issue, incorrect crystal drop rate ...... etc. those only affect smoothness of the fight. In contrast, Parry/Dex/Evade failure, champ can't perform abilities as described, and etc. are fatal in causing players hesitate to grind and progress.

Those CCPs are in the upper food chain of MCOC's ecosystem. When many of them explicits different kinds of frustrations and reluctance to keep update the content, viewers feel it and affect the gameplay subsequently.
  • Options
    Nichj99Nichj99 Posts: 248 ★★
    I had two arena fights which were in double speed. That’s one I hadn’t seen before, wish I thought to capture it
This discussion has been closed.