Options

T6b and t3a imbalance…why?

TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
You can’t use either resource on anyone currently besides taking 6-stars to rank 4, but when rewards come out for SOP and other content, there’s a slant towards t6b over t3a. I have 3/5 of a t3a but more than a full basic. Considering that the inventory cap is 3, there’s a scenario where I create a fourth t6b before forming a third t3a (or getting two more T5cc of my desired class)

Why are we getting these resources in such weird amounts?

Comments

• Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 755 ★★★★
    Yes, it's weird. Considering you need 3 of each for r4 and then 6 of each for r5, you should get same percentage of both. Right now, I'll form 3 t6b before i even have 2 t3a.
    Hope it balances out in the future
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,826 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

You can’t use either resource on anyone currently besides taking 6-stars to rank 4, but when rewards come out for SOP and other content, there’s a slant towards t6b over t3a. I have 3/5 of a t3a but more than a full basic. Considering that the inventory cap is 3, there’s a scenario where I create a fourth t6b before forming a third t3a (or getting two more T5cc of my desired class)

Its always been that way. Alphas have always come as a slower rate than basics. They also require less shards usually.
  • Options
    BashlordBashlord Posts: 218 ★★
    After SOP finale rewards, I'll have 1.6 T3A and 1.7 T6B

I would have discrepancy if had bought 10k unit offer in 4th July deals.

It will vary for player to player based on their spending.
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,060 ★★★★
    Jaded said:

Buttehrs said:

TyEdge said:

Its always been that way. Alphas have always come as a slower rate than basics. They also require less shards usually.
    Also to add to this, it’s probably to early to see what is an imbalance or not. It could easily go the other way in a month or two.
    Yea, With the release of 7.3 in October and AW rewards in less than 3 weeks, we'll definitely see more.
    There's V8 but I don't think they will put R4 materials in it
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

Always been like this, in fact, you normally get one a lot more aggressively first over the other, these are pretty balanced considering.. ill be about half a catalyst off on both after SoP

We don’t have a “normally” for this, IMO. Other tiers of progression I can think of introduce one material at a time, never two materials and never needed in the same amounts, which also happens to be the cap for those materials.

4-stars bring in t1a at one rank, then t4b then t4cc.

5-stars bring t4cc then t2a then t5b.

6-stars introduce t5cc on the second rankup.

SOP awarded something like 30% t6 and 15% t3a. The finale is more like 60% vs 30%. 7.2 is 10% vs 5%. The gauntlet also gave a larger % of t6b.

This wouldn’t be an issue if there was another place to use t6b (like hypothetical 7-stars…please don’t, though) but it’s bad design to introduce two roadblock materials at once and release them in awkward/unbalanced quantities.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    We'll probably see more T3A with Map 8
    Alpha cats are usually more tied in with AQs + story content & basics with all types of content
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

TyEdge said:

This is the first time 2 new resources are used for the same new rank tho.
    Normaly it is 1 new resources for the next rank so this is unique.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    I haven’t done the research on this, but compare it with the Carina’s Challenges rewards, Act 7.2 exploration, and any other r4 rewarding content to see how it balances across all of it.

It may be that there is a balance across multiple events and Kabam is trying to push players to do all of the content.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,166 ★★★★★
    YEah I'm at 2 t6b and 1 t3a. not concerned yet.
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 755 ★★★★
    Bashlord said:

After SOP finale rewards, I'll have 1.6 T3A and 1.7 T6B

I would have discrepancy if had bought 10k unit offer in 4th July deals.

It will vary for player to player based on their spending.

The July 4th unit offer didnt create any imbalance as it gave out 0.5 of each t6b and t2a. Thats the definition of balanced.
    I have all content 100% except 1 Carina challenge (inhumans). Once i do that i'll have about 2.6 t6b and 1.3 t2a.
    I havent bought any offers, cash or units, so it's just rewards. And the ratio is 2 to 1. Pretty stupid considering you need same number of each for both r4 and r5.
    I just hope i get the 3rd t2a before i have t6b expiring.