**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

UI Suggestion: Crystal Screen

It’s been a while but here I am toying around with the UI again. This time, it comes in the form of tweaking the Crystals screen so that we can see more of our stash. Over time, especially with the timed crystals, milestone rewards, daily crystals, gold crystals, etc, these can accumulate pretty quickly. It feels like you scroll forever when trying to pop open some of these crystals, and sometimes you’ll even miss a couple if your stash is big enough. I guess this idea has been in the back of my mind due to a few mistaken taps here and there. One of the things that brought this idea back to life was the milestones list in the Summ(on)er Camp event. With 98 milestones to achieve, I found myself scrolling endlessly, and this became quite annoying after some time. So the idea I propose is something like this:

Decreasing the horizontal size of the crystals’ tabs would give more room to bring other tabs into view. This would essentially double the space to display crystal categories thus shortening the amount of time you need to scroll or to visually spot check for new crystals. The number of crystals you may have and the timers would still be present on the initial overview screen with the details, ability to purchase or open crystals living in the pop-up. Speaking of which, all you would need to do is tap on one of the crystal categories in the previous screen to get to the corresponding pop-up which could look something like:

Would love to hear you guys’ thoughts!

Comments

• Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,362 ★★★★★
    Thats way nicers but I would settle for this:
    When you open crystyals it takes you back to the same place in the list, top at the top.
  • Options
    MSpawnMSpawn Posts: 102
    edited August 2021
  • Options
    thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    I love this. But I think you're onto something more than just crystal screen. Two principles should be applied throughout the entire GUI:
    1. Less scrolling so use more of the horizontal real estate (might be tricky b/c devices vary in aspect ratio, but should be a relatively easy change to code, but just need to test various aspect ratios)
    2. when you select something, never make the user start over in terms of scroll location. the GUI should always take the user back to the exact location of the user (I'm speaking in terms of scroll location). This is esp. painful when claiming rewards

Even in the 2nd screenshot, the option for 1, 5, and 10 crystals should be positioned more efficiently (so the button under each label, then you can fit it all in 1 row)
  • Options
    HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    How did you make this mockup look so good? I'd be 100% on board for a UI change like this, much better use of space imo, but I'm not kidding I thought this was a live update for a second. Great job on coming up with this and making it look great.
  • Options
    MSpawnMSpawn Posts: 102

I love this. But I think you're onto something more than just crystal screen. Two principles should be applied throughout the entire GUI:
    1. Less scrolling so use more of the horizontal real estate (might be tricky b/c devices vary in aspect ratio, but should be a relatively easy change to code, but just need to test various aspect ratios)
    2. when you select something, never make the user start over in terms of scroll location. the GUI should always take the user back to the exact location of the user (I'm speaking in terms of scroll location). This is esp. painful when claiming rewards

Even in the 2nd screenshot, the option for 1, 5, and 10 crystals should be positioned more efficiently (so the button under each label, then you can fit it all in 1 row)

To your second point, I thought of this as well. Didn’t want to change to much of what they already have as the style change would be at their discretion. But I think that extra space serves as a “future-proof” allocation for things like:

I’m thinking instead of targeting each item separately, this space was/is there after those discount marks were placed and just affected all like elements. Your suggestion does clean it up even more though! Good stuff!
  • Options
    Seems like a good idea
  • Options
    OmniformOmniform Posts: 57
    Love the idea, looks great. Would definitely be down for a change like this. I think the champions screen needs a overhaul too. Might play around with a few ideas myself!
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    I actually would prefer this. Less scrolling and less burden on the server as scrolling often causes dropped FPS and lags just because the crystals is too much. This UI of yours would faster things up and also is more well organized.