**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

No duped corvus then no close quarters challenge

LordabckLordabck Posts: 297 ★★★
edited September 2021 in General Discussion
I have R3 6* corvus which is unduped, kabam created content where no champ other than duped corvus can be used effectively, atleast reduce degen on close counter(1 percent) or don’t let opponent use invade. Can’t use unit man in now a days.

Comments

• Warlord5386Warlord5386 Posts: 245 ★★
    Bruh
  • LordabckLordabck Posts: 297 ★★★
    xNig said:

These quests are not meant to be easy. They are not for the faint of heart or those with backbones comparable to chocolate eclairs.

Love this quote from Kurt.
    Hope you can finish it.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Aegon works as well.

Yes he does, I used aegon more then I used corvus. Aegon was able to do more with his combo then corvus with 2 missions completed.
  • QuattrucciQuattrucci Posts: 160 ★★
    AMS94 said:

Aegon works as well.

Not anywhere close to a duped Corvus though
    In this event if we compare them then duped Corvus is like Cosmic Ghost Rider while Aegon is like Mystic Ghost Rider who cn do the job but nowhere close to as good as CGR
    And all other champs are like Groot (too OP)
    Duped Corvus in this has more value than Quake had in the Gauntlet where he cn save almost all of the items that other players will need to spend
    With duped Corvus people cn even do it itemless if they play that well.....without him it's not possible to do this itemless fr anyone
    Most of the times a few champs will have some kind of advantage over others in newly released content, but this much difference is too extreme & screams bad design
    Wrong. Aegon works just as good. Get better and stay close to the defender. Farm potions.
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,322 ★★★★
    999 Ægon (or ÆGOD) is just the best Champ in the entire game.

Corvus is of course great, but not the only viable Champ for this Challenge. He‘s overrated (even if the Corvus fanbase will dislike this now - I called it!).
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Aegon works as well.

Yes he does, I used aegon more then I used corvus. Aegon was able to do more with his combo then corvus with 2 missions completed.
    Cool. 5/65 or a 6 star?
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

Aegon works as well.

Cool. 5/65 or a 6 star?
    Just 5/65. My team was aegon, corvus (both 5/65), wolverine, guardian and heimdell. Wolverine/guardian gives 3 perfect block chances reducing block damage to zero. Used two early for the parry to build them up to their first special. Then saved the 3rd for emergency. Hit monkey was the hardest because of the damage cap, but aegon cheese from the start of the fight then hit into his block will KO hit quickly.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Damn I wish I knew that this content was impossible to do without duped Corvus before I blasted through it with Ægon.

How was the ramp up? I'll probably have to switch off suicides again just so I can get through this.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Aegon works as well.

Cool. 5/65 or a 6 star?
    Just 5/65. My team was aegon, corvus (both 5/65), wolverine, guardian and heimdell. Wolverine/guardian gives 3 perfect block chances reducing block damage to zero. Used two early for the parry to build them up to their first special. Then saved the 3rd for emergency. Hit monkey was the hardest because of the damage cap, but aegon cheese from the start of the fight then hit into his block will KO hit quickly.
    Thanks.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    Is duped Corvus the easiest? Probably, but the event is new still. And you still have to play well, can't button mash even with Corvus for solos.

Is he "the only option"? Absolutely not.
    Just for one example, try Gulk with Cap synergy against Sunspot. Fairly straightforward solo. Lemme know if you want footage.

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Aegon works as well.

Cool. 5/65 or a 6 star?
    Thanks.
    Solid strat. 👍
    Jaded said:

Aegon works as well.

Yeah, Aegon has more damage potential to end the fights very quickly. Which equals less opportunity for mistakes.
  • GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    I just did it and it was kind of fun

I couldn't use corvus since he was stuck on aq.

I have max 5 stars aegon but he's so bored to play I didn't use him either.

I'll be passing a few videos later.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,282 ★★★★★
    Gildenlow said:

Who did you use?
    AMS94 said:

AMS94 said:

Aegon works as well.

Not anywhere close to a duped Corvus though
    In this event if we compare them then duped Corvus is like Cosmic Ghost Rider while Aegon is like Mystic Ghost Rider who cn do the job but nowhere close to as good as CGR
    And all other champs are like Groot (too OP)
    Duped Corvus in this has more value than Quake had in the Gauntlet where he cn save almost all of the items that other players will need to spend
    With duped Corvus people cn even do it itemless if they play that well.....without him it's not possible to do this itemless fr anyone
    Most of the times a few champs will have some kind of advantage over others in newly released content, but this much difference is too extreme & screams bad design
    Wrong. Aegon works just as good. Get better and stay close to the defender. Farm potions.
    That's exactly what my point ws
    Fr Aegon to work, u need to "get better" "stay close" & "farm potions"
    However with a Duped Corvus u cn play while taking ur time with comparatively much less risk & stress involved
    Being able to dash back as much as u want, fr as much distance as u want, & fr as much time as u want....with Corvus its much easier to do all of this than with Aegon
    And I don't think Aegon cn do it itemless no matter how good u play....Corvus cn do it though & by itemless I mean not even a single health potion
    Will everyone using Corvus be able to do it itemless... definitely not, may be noone will, but at least it's possible if someone tries to do it
    If all this combined still doesn't put a duped Corvus much above Aegon fr this challenge then I don't know what will
    Aegon works.... yes, he's the second best option
    Just as good as Corvus.... definitely not, no matter how good someone plays
    The only disadvantage that Corvus has is that u need to take care of not running out of charges, but thanks to his sig ability doing that is possible
    In every other aspect he's miles better than every other option
    To solo HM with Corvus at 1% does take some skill. You need to be very careful with glaive charges. I only solo'd 1/3 HM. The third one jacked me up actually, but I'm not resetting at that point. 🙂 As has been mentioned, ramped Aegon might have the advantage against HM. I'd say Corvus has the advantage against Sunspot though.
    Texas_11 said:

After having a chance to think about it. Something tells me maybe Kabam is pushing roster depth instead of skill.

Wolverine. ,King Groot, Diablo , Claire. Gambit stun lock? Ihulk stun lock? The ability to be unblockable on specials ?

I do wish they have a hint at what they wanted us to try to achieve from this challenge. I’m sure some people will come up with some ideas soon enough.

Where does blocking specials come into play? Sunspot? You can dex, pause, dex and avoid the No Retreat.
  • GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Gildenlow said:

Who did you use?
    I used shang Chi for she hulk, Mr negative and hit monkey.
    Cosmic ghost rider for sunspot
    IHulk for tigra.

I also took guardian and wolverine for synergies, those 3 perfect block allows you to use cgr's sp2, plus 200% cosmic boost you just have to throw sp2 till sunspot is down.

• odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★
    Everyone: uses corvus or Aegon for the shangchi boss
    Meanwhile swedeah:
    https://youtu.be/wymGZgUcTd0
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    xNig said:

These quests are not meant to be easy. They are not for the faint of heart or those with backbones comparable to chocolate eclairs.

Love this quote from Kurt.
    more like not meant for the broke $$$ :D great content to use up all the weak compensation on tho great strategy on kascam end 100% who ever suggested this needs a raise