**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AI Behavior/Movements and Gameplay Changes

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that certain issues that were “fixed” in the past have resurfaced and nothing is being done about them.

For instance, we have experienced AI’s parrying or intercepting us as we attempt to hit the opponents block or while timing their dash back. This issue was addressed a few months ago and fixed, however, I have not seen this addressed by Kabam. If I remember correctly, there was an announcement by Kabam Mike saying that this isn’t the purpose of the change in AI movement. And yet, this behavior has been happening since the recent update.

Another issue that I’ve noticed, and hasn’t been addressed or mentioned, is ghost receiving recoil damage even with hood synergy. Why was there no explanation or notice regarding this change? Is this a permanent change to ghost, along with the seemingly endless silent nerfs and/or changes that inevitably makes ghost a non-viable champ to use? What about the rank ups or resources used to rank her up as Kabam is continuously creating an environment that appears to deter people from using her?

It is discouraging to see these changes and, what appears to be some underhanded moves, being done without explanation or notice. There are other ways or changes that can showcase the skill of the user rather than throwing “true focus” on all nodes to prevent certain champs from being used.

Overall, the consistent bug issues and changes have been detrimental for the general state of the game. I am certain that I am not the only person to feel this way regarding this and would love to read the opinions of others in this matter.

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,184 ★★★★★
    Kabam is, as you surely know, dealing with a major challenge involving the game engine and an update that has messed with their game. There has been improvement, but Kabam said work is ongoing. So, yeah, still has issues, but nothing we weren’t warned about. No one wants this resolved more than Kabam.
  • PrøtégéPrøtégé Posts: 9

Kabam is, as you surely know, dealing with a major challenge involving the game engine and an update that has messed with their game. There has been improvement, but Kabam said work is ongoing. So, yeah, still has issues, but nothing we weren’t warned about. No one wants this resolved more than Kabam.

I do agree that there has been improvement in terms of the stability of the game. Heck, I’m even thankful for that as they have been generous with their compensations. However, the issues I mentioned has nothing to do with that. It is more so the changes in AI behavior and the constant “nerfs” that targets certain champs. This limits their viability and, in essence, wasting the materials that we used to rank them up. Also, these limitations/changes aren’t really allowing players to showcase their skills like they “intended” to do. Rather, it forces players to use items regardless of their skill.

For example, rather than just throwing a true focus on a node, why not limit the sp acquired from a class sp boost instead. I’ll use ghost for example. The reason she finishes fights so fast in quests or war is because you can chain her specials repeatedly through the use of these boosts. Rather than applying true focus, limit or prevent the return of sp and allow players to still enjoy using her while showcasing their ability to take advantage of ghost’s overall utility. I’m sure there are other ways or ideas as well that produces the same result without completely shutting a champs viability down.
  • OzFearUsOzFearUs Posts: 242
    Just gotta start expecting it I guess.
  • PrøtégéPrøtégé Posts: 9

THEY'RE EVOLVING!!!
    SAVE HUMANITY.
    Seriously though I have noticed it too, before the ai was kind of predictable and I loved intercepting with my stealthy but later today I got annihalated during several intercepts with the ai intercepting my intercepts with heavies, specials and combos all over the place, their dex game is on point, they literally dex as soon as they see an intercept coming and retaliate with their own.

That’s exactly what I’m saying. I understand they want to make it more challenging by changing AI behavior, but this is absurd. You can’t counter that kind of movements and requires players to play more passive while they come out with quests that literally forces you to play aggressively to limit health loss. Such as the close encounter in the new side quest lol. It’s just getting ridiculous.
  • DraKulaDraKula Posts: 23
    I've noticed very strange AI behavior lately too, i hope they find out a solution to this soon.
  • I'm certainly still having Parry issues. Champs are just running right thru me.
  • Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 669 ★★★

Seriously though how the #### can the A.I in arena dex my storm P. x sp2
    The whole thing

Mine dexed Cap IW sp2... I'm in awe
  • raviXsharmaraviXsharma Posts: 520 ★★★
    The AI with me intercept my dashes with SP. And I'm dashing when it's blocking. It literally stops and uses SP instantly
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    Another change that quakers should be able to notice:

Before when quaking, the defender would maybe try about 2 comboes while charging heavy, usually less. A good portion of the time, the defender would back off and hold block.

Now when charging heavy, the defender never backs off to block. The defender tries at least 3 comboes.

I don't mind it, but it's clear that there was a recent AI change that was never disclosed to the community. Who knows of other AI changes as well, which I find irresponsible when considering that they are trying to fix the fundamentals of parry/dex. Also dishonest when these changes should be communicated.

(If you don't believe me about this Quake difference, just look up YT videos from about 6 months ago versus what's happening in the game now.)
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★

Seriously though how the #### can the A.I in arena dex my storm P. x sp2
    The whole thing

Wish you recorded that; I want to learn from such mastery.