**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What to do when fighting Kingpin (How does he work)

Intensity108Intensity108 Posts: 326 ★★
edited September 2021 in Strategy and Tips
My friend asked me how does Kingpin work and I was about to tell him when I realised I didn't actually know!

Can you give me some advice on how to fight Kingpin easily? I'll be reading this myself and also linking it to my friend!

Thanks!

Comments

• Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Focus on baiting his sp1, don’t bring champs reliant on debuffs (50% chance to purify) or bring champions with a passive stun, anti purify abilities like omega or apoc. White Mags prefight is very nice here. He is not hard to fight at all as long as you aren’t relying on your debuffs

Oh and most importantly don’t get hit ;)
  • Intensity108Intensity108 Posts: 326 ★★

Focus on baiting his sp1, don’t bring champs reliant on debuffs (50% chance to purify) or bring champions with a passive stun, anti purify abilities like omega or apoc. White Mags prefight is very nice here. He is not hard to fight at all as long as you aren’t relying on your debuffs

Thank You!
    So let's say I have hyperion, doctor doom, colossus and I don't know, how about Corvus? Who's the best person to fight a Kingpin with and for what reason?
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    edited September 2021

Thank You!
    So let's say I have hyperion, doctor doom, colossus and I don't know, how about Corvus? Who's the best person to fight a Kingpin with and for what reason?
    Do you have Bishop? When KP shrugs a stun, Bishop will stun him. I don't have a storm x, but assume she would do ok too. Just bait sp1s, his sp2 is bs.

I would not choose any of those you mentioned if I had other options.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,209 ★★★★★
    I don't have 5/6* kingpin, and yes I'm quite annoyed about it, and haven't read his abilities either neither old neither buffed, until I'll get him tho...

Kingpin used to be AQ boss once, and that's where I learned to fight him.

He used to shrugg debuffs too and get something similar to rage charges(don't remember what). The higher these are, the higher his defensive combat power gain goes(don't know if his offensive power gain also increases, not that it matter fighting against him)

So what I used to do is to give him some of these charges from any debuffs including parry ...
    And once he gets to 3-4 stacks, his combat power rate is enough to get him to his sp1 with a 5 hit combo...
    This allows you to continue the whole fight without relying on parry.
    Continuously bait sp1 and repeat.
    If he fails to reach sp1, I'll suggest not to parry just block and bait heavy or strike his block and the cycle starts again.

Never push him to sp2...If ge do go above 2 bars, bait and keep distance till his Unstoppable buff expires and repeat sp1 cycle.

I Didn't mention unblockable as I don't know how they work. Probably in his overload or something mechanic (lol) only his specials are unblockable that I know, the new orange buff. Since we are not gonna block a single time, it doesn't matter.

**Any above mention techniques doesn't work on Kangs Team in arenas,the abilities are same but that AI is hella sketchyAF.

This is basic fight against KP with any champ.
    Since this doesn't need any counter so not going to mention either.
  • ANGRYEAGLEANGRYEAGLE Posts: 149

Love the King! ❤️
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,733 ★★★★★
    Basically, he thrives when there are a lot of debuffs for him to shrug off. He has a 60% chance to shrug off any debuff that's placed on him, and gains rage charges for each debuff shrugged off. When he reaches 8, he enters Overpower. This makes him hit a lot harder and he has unblockable special attacks.

Bait SP1s since they are easy to dodge and because the SP2 has a very long unstoppable that will make your life miserable since you can't reliably stun him either. It's just a bad time all around if he throws that special.

So the more debuffs you place on him, the faster he'll go into Overpower. The fewer you place, the slower he'll reach that mode. Therefore, you're better off with champions that place fewer debuffs on him.

There are several mutants that are good for fighting him. White Magneto can passively stun him for every member of your team, while Bishop and Havok deal damage every time their debuffs are purified. Additionally, Apocalypse has -100% Purify accuracy or something like that which means that he can place debuffs freely on Kingpin without him shrugging them off constantly.