**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

1) tip for newer players

booscka2536booscka2536 Posts: 2,658 ★★★★
edited September 2021 in Strategy and Tips
no sarcasm peeps . just a tip for those who may need it please ..
my tip)PRACTICE HEAVY COUNTERING . try countering with heavy attack counter any opening you have it really comes in handy when champs are stun immune or nodes place dissorients etc its something i didnt learn until i needed it an was rough when it has to be done.
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★
    Reparry is an amazing thing to learn + it saves you a lot of block damage on stun immune.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    Also save your resources. Crystals are tempting, but if you don't spend a lot of real money, it is a giant waste of units.
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★

try to get better at math, if you're not. it helps in mcoc.

I dunno how useful it is for newer players, but yeah knowing if you'll be able to survive some fun and interactive degen/dot is helpful
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    Malreck04 said:

I dunno how useful it is for newer players, but yeah knowing if you'll be able to survive some fun and interactive degen/dot is helpful
    even if you can’t do the exact degen damage in correlation to your health pool a rough estimate is still a solid asset in determining in how much block damage you can take and the like
  • Options
    LightsAnimeLightsAnime Posts: 422 ★★
    edited September 2021
    Graves_3 said:

Don’t spend units on PHC/GM/cavalier crystals. Better to spend them on masteries

tbf i only bought 1 cav crystal to test the waters (one time purchase) and i got a 3 star og cap
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,572 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Don’t spend units on PHC/GM/cavalier crystals. Better to spend them on masteries

Best advise for new players
  • Options
    Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Find a fun group you enjoy playing with and progress with them
  • Options
    Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★

Malreck04 said:

even if you can’t do the exact degen damage in correlation to your health pool a rough estimate is still a solid asset in determining in how much block damage you can take and the like
    There are FAAR too many calculations in mcoc that we do on a daily basis playing this game.
    Basic addition and subtractions are there at every step and every fight that we do in this game.
    some examples being:
    1. If I put a nick fury in my team and kill him off I'll get 20 percent attack increase, I use the wmags prefight on top of that for an extra 15 percent attack, all of that on my doctor doom with 3 of my team members dead meaning I'll get an extra 30 percent on top of that, plus my healthpool is below 40 percent meaning I'll get another 20 percent attack increase from the courage mastery. All in all I have a total of 85% attack increase.
    2. This is barely scratching the surface too. we always seem to add, subtract and multiply when it comes to ability accuracy. For example archangel's awakened ability as in how many neuros will I need to shut the opponent down and how many sigs do I need to pour in so I can reach that desired x amount of neuros needed to shut the opponent down. This too is barely scratching the surface.
    3. If you're an ardent stryfe player, you would know that if you're tackling against nodes like footloose and other nodes which give the opponent unstoppable you would realize that its a game of managing his telepathic charges to always stay above 2 in order to have enough so that you can shut the unstoppable buff again and also trying to calculate the amount on hits you can take on the sp1 phasing to capitalize more on those telepathic charges.
    4. So you do these mental calculations like, ok I have 3 telepathic charges which means I can nullify that unstoppable on that sentinel when he throws that sp2 on footloose node, but **** you remember that the sentinel you are fighting is sig 200 and he has 100 analysis charges, meaning if he throws that sp2 he will get exactly 0.8 * 100 = 80% power back which means he will instantly throw that sp1 after and gain the unstoppable buff again so you wait and don't charge and nullify the unstoppable buff after it gets refreshed from that sp1 because if you did it after he throws his sp2 you would be left with 1 telepathic charge and you wouldn't be able to nullify it the next time he threw his special. We run these calculations in our mind without even knowing.
    5. This is all STILL barely scratching the surface, if you played incursions, you would know the amount of math that goes down every time you select a new hack.

TL;DR: Don't drop out of school kids.
    Except the dead nick attack bonus only applies to heroes...
  • Options
    SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    Best tip

Don't play if you're gonna cry when the crystal spinner trolled over.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★

Malreck04 said:

There are FAAR too many calculations in mcoc that we do on a daily basis playing this game.
    Basic addition and subtractions are there at every step and every fight that we do in this game.
    some examples being:
    1. If I put a nick fury in my team and kill him off I'll get 20 percent attack increase, I use the wmags prefight on top of that for an extra 15 percent attack, all of that on my doctor doom with 3 of my team members dead meaning I'll get an extra 30 percent on top of that, plus my healthpool is below 40 percent meaning I'll get another 20 percent attack increase from the courage mastery. All in all I have a total of 85% attack increase.
    2. This is barely scratching the surface too. we always seem to add, subtract and multiply when it comes to ability accuracy. For example archangel's awakened ability as in how many neuros will I need to shut the opponent down and how many sigs do I need to pour in so I can reach that desired x amount of neuros needed to shut the opponent down. This too is barely scratching the surface.
    3. If you're an ardent stryfe player, you would know that if you're tackling against nodes like footloose and other nodes which give the opponent unstoppable you would realize that its a game of managing his telepathic charges to always stay above 2 in order to have enough so that you can shut the unstoppable buff again and also trying to calculate the amount on hits you can take on the sp1 phasing to capitalize more on those telepathic charges.
    4. So you do these mental calculations like, ok I have 3 telepathic charges which means I can nullify that unstoppable on that sentinel when he throws that sp2 on footloose node, but **** you remember that the sentinel you are fighting is sig 200 and he has 100 analysis charges, meaning if he throws that sp2 he will get exactly 0.8 * 100 = 80% power back which means he will instantly throw that sp1 after and gain the unstoppable buff again so you wait and don't charge and nullify the unstoppable buff after it gets refreshed from that sp1 because if you did it after he throws his sp2 you would be left with 1 telepathic charge and you wouldn't be able to nullify it the next time he threw his special. We run these calculations in our mind without even knowing.
    5. This is all STILL barely scratching the surface, if you played incursions, you would know the amount of math that goes down every time you select a new hack.

this game has probably done more for my mental math then the past couple years of school
  • Options
    WayntosWayntos Posts: 593 ★★
    best to pop crystal avoid the troll over of what could of been.

spinning leads to anger … anger leads to hate … hate leads to suffering.
    that's the Kabam way!
  • Options
    HendrossHendross Posts: 943 ★★★
    Understand the Gambler's fallacy. You are not due a good champ after getting shat on 34 times in-a-row. Crystal openings are independent events and have the same odds each time.

*assuming the mechanism is unbiased
  • Options
    DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236
    Best tip.. Uninstall while u can.. stay away...
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,153 ★★★★★
    Read forum posts, youtube, nodes, and do your research before asking a question.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,153 ★★★★★

Malreck04 said:

some examples being:

1. You don't really need to know how much damage increase you are getting
    2. I'd chalk that up to reading abilities. Theres not time when you are going to be using aa and be like oh shoot I was doing regular combos at 2 neuros instead of heavies and got clapped by some ability that wasn't shut down.
    3. Staying above 2 is also remembering a champions abilitys and gameplay not really math.
    4. Again nodes and character abilities. No real mental math to be done here. Maybe timing.
    5. Fair enough

All this can be done with grade 3 math.
  • Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★

Graves_3 said:

tbf i only bought 1 cav crystal to test the waters (one time purchase) and i got a 3 star og cap
    Save some luck for the rest of us
  • Options
    ScarXScarX Posts: 65
    Lpoo said:

Save some luck for the rest of us

Well, I got lucky yesterday, popped just one cav and this was the result,
  • Options
    mattressmattress Posts: 405 ★★
    Wait til you're ready to rank and use a champ before using an awakening gem. Might dupe them naturally
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Tips: Kabam made announcements about the new quests each month but their description / reward system can be sooooo tricky and difficult to understand even you're native speaker and spent 10-15 mins to read. If you don't want to continue to read those discussions/debate/sarcasm by players afterwards, you may check out other sources like Cat_Murdock (twitter) for infographic, Marvel Turcos (twitter/FB) for elaboration or RickTheMan for similar YT/podcast.
  • Options
    Sergeant_Sergeant_ Posts: 272 ★★
    Learn to dex sp3s and you'll become the best Mcoc player