**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Punisher 2099 or Warlock to R3?

TheTAbyssTheTAbyss Posts: 14
edited September 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Never needed help before but I cannot decide. Punisher is Level 25, Warlock level 20. I have 33 more 6 star tech signature stones. I have maxed R5 Doom, Cap IW, Domino, Sunspot, Magik and R3 Red Magneto for Synergies. Only do Quests, no Alliances. Thank you.
Post edited by Kabam Pertinax on

Comments

• Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Only because you asked, punisher. To punish you
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    But jokes apart, punisher’s combat power control is no joke, but warlock is probably objectively better
  • Options
    SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    If this was a poll, P2099 would get 10-15% of the votes. Players are crazy about Warlock and for good reason. He's a solid utility champ overall.

Punisher has utility and more damage than Warlock however so it's your choice.

Warlock: Immunities (3) while P2099 has none, Better heal block than P2099, consistent gameplay, good power control

P2099: Higher damage than Warlock, Stronger armor breaks, decent regen at lower health, ok power control with sig and overloaded and sp3.

First and foremost, forget what me or ANYONE else tells you when it comes to who to play. Rank who you fine fun. It makes 0 sense to rank up Doom, Quake, Ghost, etc etc then never play them cuz you don't find them fun. If you find either Warlock or P2099 more fun than the other, rank that champ. That's priority #1
  • Options
    TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 436 ★★★
    Warlock and it's not even close 🙂
  • Options
    Warlock

To add, you got Sunspot and Magik for good synergies with warlock..
  • Options
    2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 ★★★
    Warlock to add sustainability to your roster, heck one day you may join an alliance.
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Take up warlock. He’s the better champion.
  • Options
    odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★
    Rank who you love
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    Saiyan said:

If this was a poll, P2099 would get 10-15% of the votes. Players are crazy about Warlock and for good reason. He's a solid utility champ overall.

Punisher has utility and more damage than Warlock however so it's your choice.

Warlock: Immunities (3) while P2099 has none, Better heal block than P2099, consistent gameplay, good power control

P2099: Higher damage than Warlock, Stronger armor breaks, decent regen at lower health, ok power control with sig and overloaded and sp3.

First and foremost, forget what me or ANYONE else tells you when it comes to who to play. Rank who you fine fun. It makes 0 sense to rank up Doom, Quake, Ghost, etc etc then never play them cuz you don't find them fun. If you find either Warlock or P2099 more fun than the other, rank that champ. That's priority #1

This
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★

However that’s exceptional for meme rank ups, i had the choice between iron patriot and ghost to r3 but went with the meme rank up. [insert disagree here]
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    I have both as 6r3s and love them about equally. I'd probably say that Warlock is the most versatile champion that'll get you through the most content, but Punisher 2099 immediately goes into absolute beast mode with the right synergies. He's got the better power control by far. The one exception is if the opponent is continuously healing in which case Warlock shines and Punisher 2099 dips a bit since his heal block drains his battery and therefore lessens his increased damage and power control.

When it came to deciding who to rank up first, it was a close call for me. I very well could have ranked up Punisher 2099 first. However, the reason that race was so close was because I knew I was getting an SOP tech t5cc in about a week that would allow me to rank up the other champ as well. If I really had to choose only one, I'd probably go with Warlock. He is such a Swiss army knife in all types of content. Punisher 2099 is more really, really, really good at what he does.

All of that being said, I do agree with those above who say to rank up whoever you prefer the most. I personally love both of them as r3s so there's no "wrong" choice that'll disappoint you if you like them as champions.