**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Cosmic Eclipse side quest difficulty [title edited for clarity]

2»

Comments

• So which mission is arguably easiest? Clearly the AV one sucks but how about the ones that drop shards?

No entirely sure yet unfortunately, from what I have seen and read, people complain most about the Agent Venom and Spiderman Symbiote Bosses, the others seem to be straight forward.
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    FiiNCH said:

It seems like agent venom is the hardest boss out of the six. I chose to do the symbiote Spider-Man quest and that was straightforward.

Who did u used, I tried with ghost and that was disaster :)
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★

So which mission is arguably easiest? Clearly the AV one sucks but how about the ones that drop shards?

No entirely sure yet unfortunately, from what I have seen and read, people complain most about the Agent Venom and Spiderman Symbiote Bosses, the others seem to be straight forward.
    Symbiote Spidey appears to be the easiest. The rest suck.
    Roblin gives 5* shards but that quest sucks
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    There are multiple threads discussing the event so this will hopefully get merged, but if I could tweak something in the AV fight, I’d probably allow attackers to stack up to 3 of the knockdown passive furies.

Just a suggestion. And only based on a single fight using Doom+Wags.

Dr. Zola
  • jackal83jackal83 Posts: 65
    Tip for Cosmic Eclipse (Legendary) against Spider-man (Symbiote) boss.. use Quake.. she's your man.. or rather.. woman!
    https://youtu.be/BnvdnBHwptM
  • subash_vikramsubash_vikram Posts: 19
    Terrible. But that’s no surprise given the last few months.
  • LlessurLlessur Posts: 488 ★★★

Just curious to hear your input on the difficulty of the cosmic eclipse side event on legendary difficulty. I entered the side quest 1 against Agent Venom and ended up needing 2 revives. I'm not great at the game but with a 5 star awakened doom and 5 star awakened corvus max sig I still found this boss to be annoying. Not only that but we must do this quest everyday for 28 days? I'm not sure how the other bosses were like in the other quests but I think this is ridiculous. A repeatable daily quest shouldn't be requiring many revives or health potions at all.

I also had a look at some other Youtubers doing the same quest 1 I went into and they to were struggling. Maybe a nerf for the boss fight is on the cards? What do you think?

You Should Use Right Champs...
    Corvus without Charges (or Suicides) is Meh
    Hard to know what the fight was on the first day, wasn't expecting it at all. Gonna let my anti venom stack up and wait for a cheese video on these bosses, then gonna go in hard with 1 hour boosts and klap them quick.
    You can use the preview button and see the quest without using a key you can also check out nodes
  • SoulStalker25SoulStalker25 Posts: 22
    edited October 2021

So which mission is arguably easiest? Clearly the AV one sucks but how about the ones that drop shards?

I think vp is the easiest.... Gilly turned him into an absolute shish-kabob. That fight felt like it was made for her... Especially post buff
  • drewtrivdrewtriv Posts: 103
    AV went down hard vs Clair with og widow synergy
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    drewtriv said:

AV went down hard vs Clair with og widow synergy

This is interesting. I’ve been running Doom+ White Mags prefight. It’s not bad, but I’d love to see a more predictable and manageable fight.

More details please!

Dr. Zola
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★
    Kerneas said:

Went two so far:

Venompool
    Just stupid imo, I don't see many ways around it. Stagger is about the only option. I stupidly took in Venom and Sorcerer Supreme and got rekt badly, I could not outdamage VP regen. This needs a fairly specific counters which I didnt like.

SymSpidey
    That's actually fun. Bubble shield is easy to counter (just don't let the 10th hit be SP hit, and if it's basic then dex it). It can be countered via evade-counters or you just play carefully around Mix Master.

So far it is pretty difficult and although the rewards are nice, I am not sure they are worth the effort in some cases (VP). I am looking forward to doing the Summonned Symbiote part.

Also for the first time in years I had to exit a side quest and lose rewards due to being unable to defeat the opponent. That was a nice reality check ngl

It's the same for me. This is the first time I have quit out of a side quest since starting starting Act 5
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    With any evade counter Sym Spidey is super easy. AA straight wrecked him.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★

I just tried one. Did the symbiote Spider-Man and all I can do is shake my head. What it comes down to is this for me. How can kabaam justify putting out content like this on a game that they clearly can’t fix. If game was working right then ok it would be a little challenging and maybe fun but after using 5 revives and potions just because of broken mechanics has just turned me off from this game even more. Just at the point of wondering what is the point of even trying.

Realised I could take sym Spidey with cable and apoc or try with venompool and just re-roll on heavies until I get the buff reset.

But...

Parrying with the current state of the game and for some reason with the AI ( also not allowing backdraft intercept in this side event) being that skittish ai that doesn't dash in, I didn't die from blocked hits or unblockable, but just straight up parry failing.

It's infuriating
  • Sugoi_DubaiSugoi_Dubai Posts: 107 ★★
    For people who are having difficulty against Agent Venom, bring Doom and mag white. Use mag white pre fight on the three fights. Easy to complete without using revives or healing potions.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Did 4 runs on legendary against black spidey and ended up using revives and potions luckily they were in overflow but seeing how the game is still in a broken state i'll take my chances and try epic. I may not max rank my symbiote but it is what it is.
  • priyan1901priyan1901 Posts: 10

the one with symbiote spidey is easy with ghost
  • daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Posts: 437
    I've gone in to sym spider quest, using AA for Drax and wolvie and as much of sym spidey as I can, then just kill him dead with venom, venom shuts down his evades and this includes the mix master node.. Just fight him as you would normally.
  • Darkknight_94Darkknight_94 Posts: 459 ★★★
    Symbiote supreme is by far easiest (if u have doom & torch)
    2nd would say symbiote spiderman