**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Question for Sigil Witch Owners

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
I saved for the 6* Sigil Witch and will likely R3 her because she’s fun.

But I’m torn on renewing my Sigil. There’s value beyond Witch, of course, but I find it hard to justify another $40 to get the dupe 3+ months from now at this point in the game’s life cycle.

Anyone else in this position? What are your thoughts? Will you keep the Sigil regardless?

Dr. Zola

Comments

• KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 312 ★★★
    DrZola said:

But I’m torn on renewing my Sigil. There’s value beyond Witch, of course, but I find it hard to justify another $40 to get the dupe 3+ months from now at this point in the game’s life cycle.

Anyone else in this position? What are your thoughts? Will you keep the Sigil regardless?

Dr. Zola

I've actually thought the same way, the only thing I'm considering to keep the sigil for is if there's another sigil witch type addition to the store having the sigil currency already on hand rather than using it for the dupe for her. I'm torn since there's no guarantee that will happen but it's not unreasonable to think it would to keep people subscribed.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    While she doesn't "need" her sig, a big chunk of utility is locked behind that sig. But the scaling is pretty bad.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Good points @Zan0 and @CanuckDownUnder

Whether or not the featured is attractive is a huge driver for me. My luck on featureds has been pretty abysmal the past four months, and a lot of what I’ve gotten via Sigil and otherwise did next to nothing to advance my roster.

That’s a big consideration for me. Units, other stuff is nice. Trading up shards is nice. 5* discount is no longer relevant. Just weighing the value right now.

Dr. Zola

I am keeping for all the reasons above plus, each time you renew, you get a 4* SSW which by now is sig 99 you get the 24 iso and shards as well. Everyone needs ISO. Again, this is just in addition to the rest.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,350 ★★★★★
    For me its hard to justify 5 months again for the dup and benefits unless there was another champ to chase for sigil credits since she doesnt need the sig but is nice to have but i can wait till say gems get more common as im in no rush of the dup.
  • Nalak8Nalak8 Posts: 387 ★★★

DrZola said:

I am keeping for all the reasons above plus, each time you renew, you get a 4* SSW which by now is sig 99 you get the 24 iso and shards as well. Everyone needs ISO. Again, this is just in addition to the rest.
    Can’t you sig her up with mystic stones? Do you get max sig crystal duping her with the sigil?
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 835 ★★★★
    I wouldn't be surprised if another Sigil champ is announced in the next couple of months, especially if Scarlet Witch (Sigil) has had a positive effect on Sigil subscriptions.
  • WillieBWillieB Posts: 150 ★★
    DrZola said:

5* discount is no longer relevant. Ju

Dr. Zola

This is an important point that Kabam needs to look into. The end game players couldn't care less about the 5* discount, Throne breaker's should get a bigger 6* feature discount.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    WillieB said:

DrZola said:

5* discount is no longer relevant. Ju

Dr. Zola

This is an important point that Kabam needs to look into. The end game players couldn't care less about the 5* discount, Throne breaker's should get a bigger 6* feature discount.
    Well, it’s in one of my posts which is usually the kiss of death.

Dr. Zola
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Nalak8 said:

DrZola said:

Can’t you sig her up with mystic stones? Do you get max sig crystal duping her with the sigil?
    Each time you buy the sigil, you dupe her again. You could put stones in if you wanted to but if you are going to keep buying the Sigil, I wouldn't.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    SW Sigil is definitely beyond trophy champ, yet this vis (about 29 hits thing) is highly conditional. She is fully boosted too in this vis.

Regarding the sigil, I think different ppl see different values on it. Other than champ acquisition, storage limit, TB objectives every 7 days, discount on featured etc., I think one of the key decision points is whether you really feel "better off" before and after the sigil. Frankly I don't feel much difference. I think Sigil helps little for TB in overall aspects, it is just nice to have.
  • SuperChronaSuperChrona Posts: 296
    The Sigil needs an update. The value don't justify the costs
  • DiinastyDiinasty Posts: 55
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Yeah I was struggling with the value too, especially since the 4* and the xp boost is sold as Patty of the package and both those items are useless to me. But for the Sigil champ part alone, I am gonna be hoping that they add more or change the champ you can get from the black market
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    Please note that SWitch was supposed to be available until the end of the year, I'll wait to see if they have someone else coming to take her place before I make any decision.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    I think I will do another month long run if for no other reason than the discount on 6* featureds. Luck hasn’t smiled on me yet (Gamora dupe + Iceman), but for a month I should be able to hit another several at 13K shards. Then it’s time to reevaluate where the game stands, what happens on BF/CM, whether control issues improve.

Dr. Zola
  • GriffoplayGriffoplay Posts: 269
    The summoner's Sigil was changed on June 7 and in the announcement they said that for the next 6 months that would be the only way to get Scarlet Witch. after the first 6 months there would be rare opportunities to get it.
    The first of November will expire the 6 months, we will see how she can be obtained
  • AldacAldac Posts: 475 ★★★
    DrZola said:

I think I will do another month long run if for no other reason than the discount on 6* featureds. Luck hasn’t smiled on me yet (Gamora dupe + Iceman), but for a month I should be able to hit another several at 13K shards. Then it’s time to reevaluate where the game stands, what happens on BF/CM, whether control issues improve.

Dr. Zola

Iceman is one of the main ones I’m going for… ❄️🥶

• WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    Sigil is usually worth it for all the benefits, probably even better than that 5$ Unit Card, but I guess I will stop my Sigil for now.

I got her for Collection, but don‘t plan using or upgrading her anytime soon.
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    @DrZola
    if your sigil just expired, unless you direly need the energy reduction, wait until the next week when the sigil milestones reset. doing this and renewing mid-week will allow you to go 1 month on, 1 week off. You'll still get all the rewards but ultimately save a little scratch for the total year cost.
    Doing this for 4 months basically saves you 1 month of subscription costs.