**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New phone

I am going to get a new phone. What do i need to know to not get banned?

Comments

• Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Don't use mods
  • Options
    G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    I have same concern when I get a new phone
  • Options

You don't need to know anything. You can't get banned for buying a new phone.

I suppose this is worth stepping through every once in a while. I am guessing that you are vaguely aware that account sharing is a bannable offense, and you've concluded that if you buy a new phone and log into your account, it will look like two different phones are logging into the same account and Kabam will conclude you are sharing your account with some mysterious new person that happens to own the phone you just purchased.

This does not happen. Kabam doesn't consider one account being logged into from two different devices to be proof of account sharing. People play the same account on two different devices they own. I do, for example, with my iPhone and iPad. @Kabam Miike himself I believe has claimed to do this also. Furthermore, probably half the players that have been playing the game for at least two years have probably upgraded phones at least once. That's over half a million people that have logged into the game from at least two different devices.

Kabam cannot, and does not, decide that one account being logged in from two different devices is account sharing. The mods have explicitly stated that using the same account on two different phones is okay, and doesn't trigger an account sharing ban. You could even keep both phones and play your account on both phones on alternating days.

New phone != account sharing. You're safe, unless you do something that is bannable on the new phone, like playing on mods. The new phone itself is a non-issue.
  • Options
    Jets44Jets44 Posts: 72
    DNA3000 wrote: »

You don't need to know anything. You can't get banned for buying a new phone.

I suppose this is worth stepping through every once in a while. I am guessing that you are vaguely aware that account sharing is a bannable offense, and you've concluded that if you buy a new phone and log into your account, it will look like two different phones are logging into the same account and Kabam will conclude you are sharing your account with some mysterious new person that happens to own the phone you just purchased.

This does not happen. Kabam doesn't consider one account being logged into from two different devices to be proof of account sharing. People play the same account on two different devices they own. I do, for example, with my iPhone and iPad. @Kabam Miike himself I believe has claimed to do this also. Furthermore, probably half the players that have been playing the game for at least two years have probably upgraded phones at least once. That's over half a million people that have logged into the game from at least two different devices.

Kabam cannot, and does not, decide that one account being logged in from two different devices is account sharing. The mods have explicitly stated that using the same account on two different phones is okay, and doesn't trigger an account sharing ban. You could even keep both phones and play your account on both phones on alternating days.

New phone != account sharing. You're safe, unless you do something that is bannable on the new phone, like playing on mods. The new phone itself is a non-issue.

Very well said
  • Options
    QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    who dis?