4 m uncollected bc

SHAYUSHAYU Member Posts: 78

Comments

• SHAYUSHAYU Member Posts: 78
    im not receicing 30 energy refills as stated. is this a bug?
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Member Posts: 3,324 ★★★★★
    How may did you receive? None?
  • OdachiOdachi Member Posts: 1,112 ★★★★
    Yeah the bug is because they go into your overflow. Not sure exactly the numbers but I think it counts the overflows again each time you pop another set of 10 crystals.
  • AdevatiAdevati Member Posts: 439 ★★★
    More tedious, but statistically you will get more units from the regular crystals.
  • SHAYUSHAYU Member Posts: 78
    @Malreck04 i receive only 15
    edited October 2021
    Your scenario of 3750 units for 1m TB crystals represents a 6% probability.

So yeah, if you’re hoping for rare events more expensive crystals would be more beneficial.

But for most people, opening a lot of crystals, regulars will be better in the long run.

Throw it in a Monte Carlo if you wish.

I can apply OPs scenario because they did not achieve theoretical probability of 15%. Instead they hit 13.3%. Thus, they would have benefitted from more trials pushing them closer to 15%. Which is why I stated the law.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,352 Guardian
    Adevati said:

More tedious, but statistically you will get more units from the regular crystals.

Based on your follow up analysis, where you say he probably only hit at 13.3% rate of units instead of “odds” set rate of 15%, I think you need to change your opening statement to…

“Because you underperformed the actual odds this time, it would have been better if you opened the regular crystals instead.”

Thus he would have had more changes to narrow the gap towards the actual 15% odds.

Which “after the fact” or “in hindsight” of this particular case might be a valid argument. But would be the opposite for someone who overperformed at say 17% with the UC ones (switching to Normal would have dragged his over performance downwards toward the 15% instead). Exactly counter to your premise of Normal being better for units.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,352 Guardian
    As to the original question about Energy Refills, I don’t think it was as @Odachi theorized, regarding going into overflow and then being compounded each successive time pulling more.

I believe it is the same bug as when opening lots of SigStone crystals, Daily's, 4-Hour's, etc, and the counts that show up are well above what you actually got (and indeed sometimes far above how many crystals themselves were actually opened)

Same bug, large openings has problems where it overstates how many you got.
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Member Posts: 1,937 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021
    SHAYU said:

I find it funny that u had about 8k gold before u opened those
    edited October 2021

Which “after the fact” or “in hindsight” of this particular case might be a valid argument. But would be the opposite for someone who overperformed at say 17% with the UC ones (switching to Normal would have dragged his over performance downwards toward the 15% instead). Exactly counter to your premise of Normal being better for units.

No argument here on the direction. If OP posted 4,000+ units I’d say they got lucky and outperformed what they would have gotten via regulars. That would still have been an atypical result.

However, achieving greater than 15% is slightly less common (43.2%) versus achieving less than 15% (45.7%).

So over time more people will be on the lower end. And those people will benefit from more trials.

It may be splitting hairs, but are there any crystals that technically get worse with progression? Kabam really needs to add some rare bonus to the higher crystals to offset this.
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Member Posts: 1,376 ★★★★
    Nobody said he was even hunting for Units. Maybe he was in a big need for Gold like @GrassKnuckles kinda pointed out (he had basically no Gold left).

So he might have gotten less Units than the rates let us expect, but instead he must have gotten a better rate of something else.
  • KattohSKattohS Member Posts: 717 ★★
    Guy comes to show what he got from 4m uncollected arena chips and we end up with another math lesson.
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Member Posts: 2,049 ★★★★★
    Awesome