Options

What method will give less disappointment?

Given the situation of crystal opening, what do you think will give less disappointment when it comes to opening of Champion Crystals ( 5*/ 6*) ?

What method will give less disappointment? 121 votes

Hoarding then opening them at once
40%
DrZolaBitterSteelabn86Captain_007_rishisaiheruheru511zuffySpeedbumpMaverick75BioHaZarD007Wubbie075CropDusterDragonMCOCHammerbro_64Thunderstruck77RasiloverAckbar67BuckyBruhLiquidkoldJeal79 49 votes
Open immediately once formed/claimed
59%
buffajrTendersquadfmussapPsychoakumaOliverJWAanthoRbk19CupidSandeepSAgentDoom9ReferenceMalreck04cx23433redsoxpatsfan89Raichu626GhostboytjieCr7ms7rs7Amazing_Demon05X_Factor_AgentDwhalen8554 72 votes

Comments

• Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,161 ★★★★★
    I don’t hoard the 6* shards but the rest I do. Mainly because I would end up with lots of iso in the stash expiring so I stop opening immediately after forming.
  • Options
    Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Any method. I am typically always disappointed. Keeping that mentality makes good pulls even better....if they ever occur
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Technically opening more at a time will give less disappointment because you’re more likely to get some pulls you’re happy with. Even though this is the case, I opening all my 5 and 6* crystals when I form them.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,645 ★★★★★
    The real question is, how long are you willing to hoard crystals before opening? (In terms of time, or in number of crystals saved up)
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,188 ★★★★★
    One is not better than the other. I've hoarded and gotten squat sometimes, good stuff other times.

I mostly open them as I can these days.
  • Options
    Invicta_HellionInvicta_Hellion Posts: 220 ★★
    what is to come will come. I open crystals as soon as I get them because there is a chance that it might have a champ that need for content, hoarding would only delay it's arrival
  • Options
    Stebo_79Stebo_79 Posts: 636 ★★★
    If it's trash at least the next one is just around the corner... which most likely will also be trash... but the next one...
  • Options
    EtherionGodEtherionGod Posts: 251 ★★
    Hoarding and popping/spinning them all to get trash is soul crushing and made me take month breaks from the game years ago, so I'll just spin crystals out when I get them without expecting much. Makes it alot better when you actually land on something good.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    1. Open immediately can give you good / bad outcomes, yet it is just one off.
    2. Hoarding can give you groot and then dupe (maybe twice dupe) plus Iron patriot, Loki, Ms Marvel, OG Ironman…..in series within one group pulling. Could u afford this outcomes?
    3. Technically both options give disappointment. Disappointment originated from your heart not from the pull method.
    4. Periodically I saw posts saying “this SQ worth the effort / thanks Kabam” etc. because they pulled 6* Red Mag/Apoc/Hercules. What if they end up getting 6* groot/OG IM? Equating your effort with RNG result???
    5. The best way to beat bad RNG outcome is tune down your expectation. If you gradually aware you are a donkey and crystal pull is carrots, you will be able to tune down your expectation. Less emotion variation means less disappointment, to a certain extent.
  • Options
    Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 640 ★★★
    2 answers in 1 :smile:

I won’t consider under 6* basic crystal shards, because I only expect iso of the others.

My wife hoards to open them by 2 or 3 in order to have at least 1 decent. She still hoped for a god tier and is very very often disappointed.
    Since 2 months she tells me that she don’t know anymore which character would make her happy (although she knows the god tier list). Her motivation is clearly down. To use the same comparison: what happens if the donkey is not motivated by the carrot...

I hoard to open only one, and not more that one opening per week / 2 weeks / 3 weeks. I like the feeling « to be able to » even if the result would be very disappointing. But now I think I will open them by 2 or 3 too. In order to have a bigger but less frequent disappointment.

As said by @Reference : do not expect good stuff, just open and return to the real life for something that makes you forget the opening.
  • Options
    KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 312 ★★★
    Both will be equally disappointing
  • Options
    Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    The math says you will have avg disappointment if you open more
  • Options
    raviXsharmaraviXsharma Posts: 525 ★★★
    Hoarding them have better chances for one opening to be better and feel happy about it
  • Options
    buffajrbuffajr Posts: 413 ★★
    It’s all about perspective. Open as you go /need ISO yet assume the worst. Every now and then you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

I’ve found hoarding for champs (not iso) in the past can really lead to disappointment as you may *expect* to get at least one champ you’re looking for but end up with all garbage.