**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New Buff thoughts???

So what do you guys think both nebula and karnak buffs??

Comments

• Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    tried a round with Karnak .. he is definitely improved which i think is a win. it makes him at least worth taking a viable look when handling content as opposed to a hard no all the time.
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Wordunken said:

man sorry but cant agree.

the sp3 ramp takes long time to begin with especialy if she is unduped and probably high sigged and ı dont think anyone will dump 180 sig stones for %17 power rate.

I don't know how it is any slower than lets say Doom's SP3. Every champ who needs an SP3 usually takes some time to get there.
    Wordunken said:

after an sp3 enemies generaly have atleast a sp1 if you didnt bait all of the power (further tempo lowered) and then you need to bait sp's along the build up if you want to rush to a sp2. or just keep up sp3 buff almost every time.

This is a very general mechanic, Bait and pound away.
    If you need power control, she can power lock the entire fight, if you really need it.
    Wordunken said:

and the enemy need to have no type of shock resistances or any dmging debuff interaction whatsoever

Do you say the same for Torch's incinerate or any bleed dependent champ?
    You just dont use them in bad matchups, simple as that.
    Wordunken said:

you need guardian almost everytime for nebula to be worthwhile.

No, you don't. He is nice to have but not a must have.
    Wordunken said:

ım doing some tests in 7.3 ; 7.3.5 tech path and it has nothing but heals and actual nice buffs for said tech and she still falls shorth. the sp3 need insane tempo to actualy be wortwhile instead of just sp2 chese.

and only buffed part for sp2 is just the shortened ramp up of 13 sec instead of 18 which is still long.

Nobody's saying she is top of the list now, but she is better than most now.
    Wordunken said:

am ı wrong? correct me if ı am but not every enemy is winter soldier in this game.
    if you want a sp3 ramp up shock champ thor rag is ways better than nebula
    he almost have the same gimmick and more dmg than nebula with basic hits and if you want to just burst opponents sp1 stun lock is an actual option unlike nebulas "lets hit oponent and hope he throws every special and every medium posible"
    thats a ramp up worthwhile in my opinion. his powergain is passive and just interacts with hits. he is just better, thats how a buff should be.

Slightly different champs, Nebula has power control, power lock, Immense Regen, Triple immunity (Bleed, poison, Shock).
    Not everything is dmg, she has a lot of utility. Not to mention she reduces AA against Robots.
    Wordunken said:

wanted to add this. she is not bad of course but she isnt that much improved if the fight at hand is tiny bit tricky with atack limitations. she wasnt bad to begin with, if you like her ım happy that a champs is loved by someone, but ım gonna pass on these two.

She is way improved now. Tricky fights need specific counters, you dont take Apocalypse against champs that will gain power or do damage based on his buffs.

Just my opinion, that she's so much improved. 6* rank 1 Nebula is easily putting 50-70 shocks on opponent after an SP3 -> SP2 cycle which do between 17k to 21k damage per tick.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    https://youtu.be/MIL5x1mdsYY

Nebula seems fun when there is a lot of shock going around, like clapback, or Mr Sinister transferring your shocks back to you. This fight would have been even better if I had angela for the heimdall fury synergy rather than the Robot uprising furies expiring and fuelling his prey on the weak power gain
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    Wordunken said:

What? Nebula is awesome. This is exactly how a buff should be. You keep everything that made the champion good and you add whats needed to make the champion usable in actual content. Shes a blast to play and i couldnt have asked for it to be done better

man sorry but cant agree.

the sp3 ramp takes long time to begin with especialy if she is unduped and probably high sigged and ı dont think anyone will dump 180 sig stones for %17 power rate.

after an sp3 enemies generaly have atleast a sp1 if you didnt bait all of the power (further tempo lowered) and then you need to bait sp's along the build up if you want to rush to a sp2. or just keep up sp3 buff almost every time.

and the enemy need to have no type of shock resistances or any dmging debuff interaction whatsoever.

you need guardian almost everytime for nebula to be worthwhile.

ım doing some tests in 7.3 ; 7.3.5 tech path and it has nothing but heals and actual nice buffs for said tech and she still falls shorth. the sp3 need insane tempo to actualy be wortwhile instead of just sp2 chese.

and only buffed part for sp2 is just the shortened ramp up of 13 sec instead of 18 which is still long.

am ı wrong? correct me if ı am but not every enemy is winter soldier in this game.
    if you want a sp3 ramp up shock champ thor rag is ways better than nebula
    he almost have the same gimmick and more dmg than nebula with basic hits and if you want to just burst opponents sp1 stun lock is an actual option unlike nebulas "lets hit oponent and hope he throws every special and every medium posible"
    thats a ramp up worthwhile in my opinion. his powergain is passive and just interacts with hits. he is just better, thats how a buff should be.

wanted to add this. she is not bad of course but she isnt that much improved if the fight at hand is tiny bit tricky with atack limitations. she wasnt bad to begin with, if you like her ım happy that a champs is loved by someone, but ım gonna pass on these two.
    I haven't test her properly besides using a r2 on 1 uncollected EQ lane. But I completely agree with you on not every enemy is WS. I really dislike people jumping on WS to test champs, it's so impractical. In real gameplay, there is baiting of specials and nodes to manage during the fight which WS fights dont shed light on and can be deceptive as to whether a champ is good or not or even practical. Your argument seems interesting, I will test her out and see what I find.
  • Options
    Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
    Disappointed w Nebula, feels like they had right direction but didn’t go all the way with it. I was planning to rank but not going to now. Think they should have done the timer like Gambit’s, not sure why you wouldn’t since that was successful. Sp2 feels nerfed, but not fully compensated for w the power rate tweaks.

On the plus side, these buffs may make me go back and revisit/appreciate the Thor Rags update more.
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Tru100 said:

Disappointed w Nebula, feels like they had right direction but didn’t go all the way with it. I was planning to rank but not going to now. Think they should have done the timer like Gambit’s, not sure why you wouldn’t since that was successful. Sp2 feels nerfed, but not fully compensated for w the power rate tweaks.

On the plus side, these buffs may make me go back and revisit/appreciate the Thor Rags update more.

I'm sorry, here's a non ROL video but it's a quest in 7.2, entire path has shock vulnerability. She's kind of perfect for it now. Watch the fight video if you want -

https://youtu.be/igBL6R0nuRo
  • Options
    MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 469 ★★★
    Karnak s..ks.. he'll never be used. Better than before and useless is a huge disappointment for such a cool character and fan favourite.
  • Options
    benshbbenshb Posts: 798 ★★★★
    Karnak is basically a discount shang chi.
    Big yellow numbers? Check
    Extra burst damage? Check
    Evade prevention? Check

But that's all
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    I can now be happy that I have a 6* Karnak on my roster.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,010 ★★★★★
    MavRCK_ said:

Karnak s..ks.. he'll never be used. Better than before and useless is a huge disappointment for such a cool character and fan favourite.

I don't think he's ever been a fan favorite, with the likes of say, Doom or the ilk.

He's better now in every regard, damage has been increased alot but so has his skill floor. Utility too. He will certainly be used more now than before, don't know what your on about there