**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Can someone please explain why warlock is god teir

2»

Comments

• Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★

To be fair I have barely used his utility properly but his damage is lack luster and honestly I feel like iron man infinitywar is better even. His utility seems like a swiss army that's dull. I'm not hating just need someone to tell me how to use him

Honestly I was with you on this, but took some time w him and now I get it (also helps to have a 6r3). Firstly, some of this may be dependent on play style and story progression. If you’re using 4* in ROL to test out champs, that’s never gonna be a great showcase for what makes Warlock valuable. He’s not a great parry/heavy type champ, more backdraft intercept style. And generally speaking that style is more relevant and eventually necessary the further you progress in the game. On similar note the value of his passive heal block increases as you deal nodes like Lifecycle, and other regen-oriented nodes that appear more frequently the further you progress and are almost standard Act 7 content. This also applies to commensurate tiers in AQ and AW. And it’s the easy passive characteristic that distinguishes him from other heal blockers who can have the debuff shrugged off or not applied due to nodes or champion abilities.

More pointedly his primary damage output comes via his sp2 armor breaks. So if ur not orienting rotation around that the damage can come off underwhelming. Super duper damage is not his forte, a la CGR, it’s how total package comes together w play style and state of the meta, particularly for endgame content, that leads to his being held in high regard.

All that said, u may well still prefer champs like Hulkbuster or ramped up g99 immediate damage output.

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    Tru100 said:

To be fair I have barely used his utility properly but his damage is lack luster and honestly I feel like iron man infinitywar is better even. His utility seems like a swiss army that's dull. I'm not hating just need someone to tell me how to use him

Honestly I was with you on this, but took some time w him and now I get it (also helps to have a 6r3). Firstly, some of this may be dependent on play style and story progression. If you’re using 4* in ROL to test out champs, that’s never gonna be a great showcase for what makes Warlock valuable. He’s not a great parry/heavy type champ, more backdraft intercept style. And generally speaking that style is more relevant and eventually necessary the further you progress in the game. On similar note the value of his passive heal block increases as you deal nodes like Lifecycle, and other regen-oriented nodes that appear more frequently the further you progress and are almost standard Act 7 content. This also applies to commensurate tiers in AQ and AW. And it’s the easy passive characteristic that distinguishes him from other heal blockers who can have the debuff shrugged off or not applied due to nodes or champion abilities.

More pointedly his primary damage output comes via his sp2 armor breaks. So if ur not orienting rotation around that the damage can come off underwhelming. Super duper damage is not his forte, a la CGR, it’s how total package comes together w play style and state of the meta, particularly for endgame content, that leads to his being held in high regard.

All that said, u may well still prefer champs like Hulkbuster or ramped up g99 immediate damage output.

One thing I would take issue with…Warlock parry-heavy is an underrated technique.

For example, against a non-stun immune Thing, parry heavy with Warlock works like a charm, with potential for Sp1 or Sp3 to provide extra damage or regen.

Parry heavy to start a fight against most mutant champs also builds infection charges like mad. I’ve had fights in advanced content where I might only see 1-2 specials from the opponent because Warlock infects and power controls them the entire fight.

Dr. Zola
  • TimmytdtTimmytdt Posts: 564 ★★
    Well warlock is pretty op according to me. He is one of the very few 4* r5 I own and my first 5* r4
    But use him against mutant healing champs like rol wolverine, sabretooth or Deadpool and see the magic. Once awakened he’ll be unstoppable. That’s why I chose to use my gem on him instead of waiting for ghost ( who i also got in the following month)
    Anyone can relate???
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    This is definitely kill_grey in disguise

This is definitely kill_grey in disguise

Hmmmm makes a bit more sense now that you mention it fluffy.....
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Zeraphan said:

Warlock made one of the paths in 7.3 (can't remember which one right now) such complete cheese. My only dislike at the moment is I only have him as a 5* and not a 6*.

I have every "god" champ as a 5* only, there is no need for 6 stars yet, they are just nice to have. Well, atleast that's what I keep telling myself lol.
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    Timmytdt said:

But use him against mutant healing champs like rol wolverine, sabretooth or Deadpool and see the magic. Once awakened he’ll be unstoppable. That’s why I chose to use my gem on him instead of waiting for ghost ( who i also got in the following month)

Good for you man, but warlock definitely does not need the ag. Definitely way less than ghost. All it does is give him a little extra damage
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Crossbones. Act 6. Need I say more?
  • CmaroCmaro Posts: 229 ★★
    Also not biggest fan of Warlock have 5 65 140 sig but dont use him much mostly cuz of that low damage ikr utility is good sometimes but when i can kill enemy 3x faster its easier dor me.. ye already dis 7.3 and 4 Variants 100% so i know how to use him but still dont like to play him
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    What is god tier?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

What is god tier?

Also this. I don't really subscribe to it. On the subject of why he's useful, that's a different story.
  • Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 460 ★★★
    I have him as 5* r5 mx sig and use him pretty much everywhere. I pulled him as a 6* just yesterday.

Like all things in life, he’s not for everyone and that’s just fine.
  • o_oo_o Posts: 833 ★★★★

I have him as 5* r5 mx sig and use him pretty much everywhere. I pulled him as a 6* just yesterday.

Like all things in life, he’s not for everyone and that’s just fine.

Warlock Is For Everyone
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    maybe you just arent using him correctly, warlock sp2 has armor break when virus is active, also virus prevents any healing due to masteries or champ regen. he also bypasses reverse healing block node with degen and power draining at the same time... hes the best tech champ you can get to date and yes better than ghost
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    The verdict is already in, but he's also one of the best counters for Apoc bosses, Mr. sinister, havok, domino, immortal abom, omega red, iceman and sabertooth, among many others that naturally regen or power gain.

See how you feel about him after fighting 6.1.1 sabertooth, 6.1.5 crossbones, 6.2.2 sinister, 6.3.1 Medusa and 6.3.1 black bolt.

How about variants that require tech and/or XL champs - check? Heroes - check.

Then consider any path that has increased power gain, spite, regen, biohazard, coldsnap, poison, bleed, lifecycle, arc overload, backup recovery, buffet, caustic temper, conflictor, cornered, energize, feat of energy, heal or hide, heavy-handed, improved power gain, kinetic transference, masochism, pilfer, power technician, recovery... That's enough for now.

He shreds CAV EQ

His heavy is invaluable, especially with deep wounds.

He's not the hardest hitter, but if you play 1/2 decent, you'll end many harder fights that require skill and utility with less items and more life, than just trying to smash the screen for some yellow numbers.
  • Maltyo9Maltyo9 Posts: 270 ★★★
    In addition to all of the utility that has already been mentioned, his reach on intercepts is unmatched, imo
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    edited November 2021

Berjibs said:

Fun fact: my 5* warlock killed WS in 40 hits.

What? How?
    Synergies, masteries, heavy attacks.

My apologies was 43 hits.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

Crossbones. Act 6. Need I say more?

In a similar vein, Kang Variant 3.3.2 who's Selective Timestream gets Shut Down by Infection and doesn't take the -50% Attack Penalty because he's Tech.