Options

High ground should not be nerfed/rebalanced/removed/changed

For the last season, alliances in T3-T5 have had the choice of using any of the 3 defence tactics (high ground, untouchables and the regen one). Of all 36 season opportunities (1 per bg per war) we faced just 2 untouchables and the rest high ground, so it was fairly obviously the “meta” defence tactic.

Alliances in T1-T2 were forced into using untouchables the entire season and, just from looking at various war videos, had very little issues dealing with it. Now they’re being similarly forced into high ground for the next 2 seasons and they’re complaining about the tactic? Would be a slap in the face for the T3-5 alliances, who have complained about the BS-ness of high ground the entire season, just for a couple of higher tier YouTubers to complain about it and get it changed.

Comments

• Options
    Distal_lessDistal_less Posts: 17
    “Was”

You realise if kabam’s envisioned cycle of these aw tactics lasts for 6 seasons? That means 72 mostly high ground wars for t3-5 but only 2 seasons worth if forced high ground for t1-2?
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    I can't argue objectively about the difficulty of high ground because I've seen mixed opinions about it, but if it's any consolation t3-5 will face high ground 1 instead of 2, just like t1 will face 2 instead of 3.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,304 ★★★★★
    Best tactic. I love it.
    I'm skipping this season 😬
  • Options
    Distal_lessDistal_less Posts: 17
    Malreck04 said:

I can't argue objectively about the difficulty of high ground because I've seen mixed opinions about it, but if it's any consolation t3-5 will face high ground 1 instead of 2, just like t1 will face 2 instead of 3.

Oh I just saw that. It’s a fairly insignificant difference. My point was that a whole season of competitive t3-5 wars of complaining about it wasn’t enough to warrant a change, so why should 3 off season t1-2 wars force a nerf?
  • Options
    Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★

Malreck04 said:

Oh I just saw that. It’s a fairly insignificant difference. My point was that a whole season of competitive t3-5 wars of complaining about it wasn’t enough to warrant a change, so why should 3 off season t1-2 wars force a nerf?
    $$$$
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 755 ★★★★
    The damage reduction is insignifiant. The problem is the charge removal stayed the same. You have to keep a pace of 10 hits every 10 seconds. Thats absurd