**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Community Choice Buff: Guillotine Clarification + Live AMA with a *very special* Kabam dev!

Comments

• Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Echoing a poster on here, I would love it if Guillotine had some way of nullifying Fury and Armor Ups as they all seem to be involved on almost every fight
  • RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,065 ★★★★★
    Kabam John:

What do you feel are the strengths/weaknesses of her new kit?

What would you like to see her have?
  • Koolaid7gKoolaid7g Posts: 8
    When considering upcoming buffs, how does the process go? Are buff considerations prioritized based on champ usage (or lack of), damage metrics? Or to tie in with new champions synergy kits?
  • MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    What do the different buff levels mean to you?

A lot of the feedback in the Guillotine thread has been about her being a community choice champ and I also see a lot of people saying x champ feels more like a moderate update vs overhaul etc.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    I appreciate the work that's goes into reworking a champ, i was hoping with a community choice buff which everyone from end game to new players took part in the arena and voting system to vote, i was expecting to put my Other daily use champs on the bench in war , AQ or daily Quest and use her more but honestly with her buff even thou Doom don't have Regen in his Kit i don't see any situation where i would pick her over Dr. Doom, sym supreme, sorcerer supreme ,tigra, morning star or even newly buff Diablo.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

How do you choose new champions to rework?:
    There are a few places we look, we have an internal list of champions we feel could use an update/rework. From there we'll go through the list, and start spitballing ideas for designs. When we find one that we really like, we'll take the next step. We've found this ends up being the best for us, just due to how many we release. Updates are largely run by a team of two people, Myself and Dorosh, where the new characters team is made up of around 5-7 people at any given time. That means there's just the two of us(mostly Dorosh) working on updates every month instead of 1 person working on a character every few months :). I hope that gives some context into the process!

There’s been a few different terms over the program for what levels of buff are called what. Just for clarity’s sake, here when you say update/rework do you mean any generic buff (could be tune up, moderate or overhaul) or do you mean a rework as in an overhaul?
  • KILLMФИGЕЯKILLMФИGЕЯ Posts: 122 ★★

Do you have any plans in the future for a Beta test server?:
    I can't confirm anything on this, but it is 100% something we're actively looking into and we hope to one day have!

I think something like this is exactly what we both need! I feel it will help champs like ddhk, gully, Yellowjacket etc actually become useful to the players base when the buffs are released rather than them being not used again. It must feel like work wasted when most never use them outside of arena

• Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    My last Question is do you guys think it would be beneficial to do a ccp testing of newly buff champ before released for example if Sentry should one day receive a buff, give us a game play pre-view of how the new kid is and why we should be excited about the buff, i think its a waste of time to invest so much time tuning a champ just for it to be irrelevant to us players that play the game in terms of use. btw great job on Nebula.
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    One question I’d like to ask is why is the team satisfied with how Guillotine’s buff turned out? It was stated that the team is satisfied with most of her kit, but I’d like to know some of the reasoning behind it. Why do you believe that her kit doesn’t require any extra changes? Do you consider Guillotine’s current kit to be her at her peak, and if so then why?
  • EgretM4EgretM4 Posts: 171 ★★
    Old guillotine with a bump to damage, sp1 fate seal and the inclusion of rupture for bleed immune would have been ,at least to me very well received

Was there a reason to just “move the cups around” creating a champ with no more use than she had before? She was a 6 to me before but real fun to play she’s now still a 6 but not nearly as fun.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    Can you give us anything even if it's a little blind hope so we can look forward to the future in regards to buffs?
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,115 ★★★★★
    I assume you keep seeing the posts with recurring champs taking the majority in the community wanting to be buffed (Cyclopses.... Cyclopii...? Groot, OG Cap, OG Iron Man, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Loki, Deadpool X Force, SpiderMan, Kamala, Beast, Rhino, Joe Fixit, Iron Patriot, Moon Knight, Storm, Ant Man), but the buffs you guys chose seem to be more geared towards newer champs. Why not just hit the low hanging fruit of these lists the community clearly wants to see buffed first? Nobody was really asking for Hood, Nebula, Thor Rag, Mr Fantastic, etc. buffs (even thought they came out great).
This discussion has been closed.