**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Current State of Arena

tafretafre Posts: 631 ★★★★
Hey guys thought you should watch this. Rob sums it up perfectly.

https://youtu.be/ELKlbA-z3D4

Has been like this for a while. Absolutely 0 effort from the company to alleviate this situation, but is anybody really surprised? Anyways, just like many things in the game, arena is in an awful place. Even BG BARELY makes the top 100 in the basic arena with 80M freaking points. Something has to be done about this, will it tho? Probably not but here is to hopig…

Comments

• DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    It can’t be helped. Imagine if the bots didn’t exist at all then the cutoff would still be insane as it depending how many collection you have and how much high ranked collection you have and the cutoff would still be unlimited with no bar to stop it.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    I did not expect to see BG squeak by with a 93, I really thought he had such a developed roster he would be able to safely compete with the current cheating in the arena, I'm glad he made it this time but honestly I feel bad that he most likely will never get Silver Surfer from something like arena if he is brought back as a basic champ

I did not expect to see BG squeak by with a 93, I really thought he had such a developed roster he would be able to safely compete with the current cheating in the arena, I'm glad he made it this time but honestly I feel bad that he most likely will never get Silver Surfer from something like arena if he is brought back as a basic champ

I find him to be very difficult focused with twitters and all that. People even ask for his opinion for rankup and so on so that kinda takes up his times. I always found his rank up collection to be slow due to his gold income is not high so I take it that he doesn’t do incursion as often or I dunno or that his hoarding might have something to do with it him being slow in rank up? I really dunno, but I was really surprised he came in top 100 rank reward.
    tafre said:

Daddrieda said:

I find him to be very difficult focused with twitters and all that. People even ask for his opinion for rankup and so on so that kinda takes up his times. I always found his rank up collection to be slow due to his gold income is not high so I take it that he doesn’t do incursion as often or I dunno or that his hoarding might have something to do with it him being slow in rank up? I really dunno, but I was really surprised he came in top 100 rank reward.
    That is what you see on stream, you have no idea what he does off stream. And you being surprised with 80m points barely making top100 in the BASIC arena with no 6 star multipliers is a bad take. It is utterly impossible to get without spending every single second that you are not sleeping in the arena. It is a horrible take saying meh it'll happen anyways why bother? Overall your thoughts feel irrelevant, I doubt you ever did a big arena grind like that to emphatize.
    Wow I feel attacked. I have done a big grind but that was in the old arena system and before the 6* pool grew with time and I then decided to not continue except doing milestones. I have no idea how he was able to continue racking up points as all i ever seen him in the stream is getting distracted with twitters and so on. Not saying it’s something bad as it is his stream and he can do whatever he want with it as I do whatever I want with my channel, but at least I’m happy, also surprised, that he managed to get in top 100 anyway.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    tafre said:

There is a simple solution for it, yet it has been years without changing anything in regards to it ...

Refreshes. Just get rid of them.

Then you remove the profits from the game mode. Never gonna happen.
    Are people actually spending that much on Refreshes? I'd venture they use the Units they have for the most part.

tafre said:

There is a simple solution for it, yet it has been years without changing anything in regards to it ...

Then you remove the profits from the game mode. Never gonna happen.
    Are people actually spending that much on Refreshes? I'd venture they use the Units they have for the most part.
    Oh there are many that use refreshes. 3x 6* r1 or r2 is all you need to amass points after achieving multiplier 3x.
  • CatmanndoCatmanndo Posts: 737 ★★★
    I’ll grab the milestones and dip out. If Kabam wants shady accounts and bots to win, let them. They won’t bait me from my hard earned and purchased units.
    They need to add title based entry or just make the 5 and 6s available in additional milestones. Until then, it’s not for me.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★

As someone who regularly competes for champions in the arena, most people commenting just don’t understand the dynamics. As a competitor it’s also not in my interest to explain anything as that knowledge is power in the competition for champions.

I will say that Kabam sells champions, it’s their business. In the arena the cost of a champion for most players is refreshing via units and/or play time and that cost is unpalatable to many players so we see discussions like this one filled with people sitting on the sidelines commenting like they have insights or an in-depth knowledge of the game; this is often short sighted at best.

The author of that video is an excellent example of arenas working as Kabam intends, they regularly pay into the system buying odins to compete and playing arena like a part time job, iirc they spent 21000 units for their Gridntober quest, that’s one month. Cha Ching.

People also underestimate what can be achieved without units by those who have developed their rosters and the time.

If you look at the second round of the Shang-Chi leaderboard it’s populated by people who drop odins on their grinds, they sat out the first round to get an estimate of what they needed to spend in round 2 which is why the score climbed; that’s an aberration for a valuable champ who many of the current competitors didn’t compete for with the initial introduction of the 6* arena.

There’s really no way to fixed arena at this point regardless it to late of course if not got break a bit out it be a bit better score wil still be hige
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★

That's not gonna stop bots & merc's both can put up BIG numbers without units do to the fact that they don't waste 1 min of grind time . It's a straight 72 !
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,341 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Getting champs in arena is solo competitive mode, and he who cheats/spends/never sleeps wins.
    There will never be a way for average to good players to get a champ they want from any game mode as a 5star+, it would break the main driver for the spend.

Edit: And I hate to say it as that is a good thing, as spending pays for the game.
  • Sergeant_Sergeant_ Posts: 272 ★★
    Don't think Kabam gives a s*** about this anymore, unfortunately.

These issues have been circulating around the game ever since arena was added. The effort spiked by x10 when the champs were 6*s. Kabam needs to do something to just completely eliminate bots and mercs. That would atleast make the grind kinda better but still could be much more efficient. Rob's video was spot-on (addressed all the problems with arena in a simplified manner).

Kabam has been doing a lot of stuff lately that majority of the community are having problems with.
    The SQ, constant timeouts in AQ and AW, objectives that need hrs of grinding, failed inputs, game crashes, parry stuff, etc are all things that have been slowly but surely reducing my interest in the game day by day.

I have seen a lot of people tell that they have major gold drought but has Kabam done anything to fix that yet? I don't think so. Variant 8, that was released on Wednesday, had one of the poorest boss designs that the game had ever seen (not even gonna talk about that X-force Deadpool boss in 8.1.2).

Please just try to make the game more functional and interesting Kabam, plz.