**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Pre Cyber weekend offers have started . Going for this offer ?

Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★

At max 2nd offer should be 750 units . 1st offer at 450 units at max IMHO.

Pre Cyber weekend offers have started . Going for this offer ? 234 votes

Looks good , buying it
1%
HoitadoReal_Madrid_76_2Surfinwalrus 3 votes
Pass
98%
gahrlingGroundedWisdomCrys23SnakeEyes69DeeparviDrZolaLeNoirFaineantSatsuiNoHadouRaganatorSpity68CrimsonBadgerCaptain_007_Carnage313mmmbanyasCristalmanDrenlinzuffyjdrum663TristanSpeedbump 231 votes

Comments

• Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    The offers before the big holiday deals are always horrible, they do this for every july 4th and every cyber Monday
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Pass
    That's Kabam trick to drain your units so you buy more at Cyber Weeekend.
  • Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    Pass
    @Surfinwalrus you bought it?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Pass
    -sixate- said:

Nobody is going for these offers. Recent financial report was horrible and that's because the morons who come up with the offers don't play the game to understand what players want and what a reasonable price is.

That's the thing. There are different groups of Players at different progression levels, and Offers cater to a number of needs. Not just one specific group at a certain point of progression. So what is reasonable really depends on where someone is at.

In any event, I was debating it, but I'm saving the Units.
  • Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    Pass

This is the polar opposite of what they do, if they wanted to drain your units wouldn’t the offers be decent enough for people to get them?

The thing is, there are people that’ll buy them anyway because they have extra cash, or a gambling addiction. And there are people that’ll buy it because they don’t know it’s a bad deal or something.

Point is, I’m sure a surprising amount of people actually buy these offers
  • Options
    DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    Pass
    This isn’t really a debate right?
  • Options
    Pass
    Riptide said:

This is the polar opposite of what they do, if they wanted to drain your units wouldn’t the offers be decent enough for people to get them?

The thing is, there are people that’ll buy them anyway because they have extra cash, or a gambling addiction. And there are people that’ll buy it because they don’t know it’s a bad deal or something.

It's not a matter of them putting these Offers out because people buy them, and that sets the market price. Kabam sets the market price, and it depends on things like the rarity of Items, the target audience, the current availability, how much total is being offered, etc. It's not one unified demographic they're selling to. It's a range of Players, all at different stages. To some, it's a ludicrous Offer. To others, it's exactly what they need, and that makes it more appropriate for them. People tend to assume that because they see it as a bad deal, it's bad for everyone. We're not all playing on the same level.
  • Options
    Pass
    Take the Platpool Piece as an example. 5000 Units was insane for some. For me, it was the last piece I needed to get him. Is it game-changing? No, but it's something I've wanted. So I bought it. Incidentally, it will come in handy for V8, but that's irrelevant. The demand depends on the customer and what they need or want.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Riptide said:

The people who are whales to the degree they will buy THIS, draining their units has no baring on cyber Monday. Nobody is my alliance bought it and we have plenty of big spenders
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 741 ★★★★
    Pass
    5800 units for a 6* crystal??? Really??? (5* shards are irrelevant)
    For 1450 units should be a full 6* crystal. And even then i'd probably pass this close to black friday.
    Kabam are really desperate to drain our units and make us buy on cyber weekend, but this was one of the worst offers ever.
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Looks good , buying it
    Misclicked
  • Options
    CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    Pass
    these are not pre cyber offers, these are pre unit grab deals.
    they will most likely have this deal with x10 increased shards for like 25% of what they are asking for.
    anyone buying those are desperate, gambling addicts, or people who can afford throwing hard earned currency, may it be units or $$$, away...
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,315 ★★★★★
    Looks good , buying it
    Looks good, but not buying it
  • Options
    Rbk19Rbk19 Posts: 195 ★★
    Pass

-sixate- said:

Nobody is going for these offers. Recent financial report was horrible and that's because the morons who come up with the offers don't play the game to understand what players want and what a reasonable price is.

That's the thing. There are different groups of Players at different progression levels, and Offers cater to a number of needs. Not just one specific group at a certain point of progression. So what is reasonable really depends on where someone is at.

In any event, I was debating it, but I'm saving the Units.
    Even for uncollected players this offer is bad
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    Pass

5800 units for a 6*, ridiculous high

In all fairness the 5800 include 60k 5* shards too, so it is 4 featureds or 6 basics. Still horrible value tho
  • Options
    DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    Pass
    Not a chance
  • Options
    AATTAATT Posts: 525 ★★★
    Pass
    Well, kabam put herc's cav crystal this weeked. I ended with -1200 units and +1 5* herc
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    AATT said:

Well, kabam put herc's cav crystal this weeked. I ended with -1200 units and +1 5* herc

Worth it for him ...a 5* is easier to awaken and sig up so he will put up more work than someone who has a 6* unduped.
  • Options
    DRTODRTO Posts: 1,619 ★★★★★
    Pass
    5800 units for one 6*, you might as well just do an abyss run.
  • Options
    Pass
    Rohit_316 said:

AATT said:

Worth it for him ...a 5* is easier to awaken and sig up so he will put up more work than someone who has a 6* unduped.
    Used a Generic Gem on mine. No regrets.