Options

AQ Comp Crystals

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,559 ★★★★★
Are these the current versions of each map crystal?

Just a simple question.

Thanks in advance.

Dr. Zola

Comments

• Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,047 ★★★★★
    My alt got a fully formed t2a and multiple fully formed t4cc so maybe they’re some sort of supercrystals
  • Options
    edited November 2021

My alt got a fully formed t2a and multiple fully formed t4cc so maybe they’re some sort of supercrystals

Hmm. Three full formed class T4 from all of the crystals we’ve gotten this entire time. Hard to avoid feeling like I’ve gotten even more of a rock after reading your post.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,047 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Hmm. Three full formed class T4 from all of the crystals we’ve gotten this entire time. Hard to avoid feeling like I’ve gotten even more of a rock after reading your post.

Dr. Zola
    On my main I don’t pay attention but my alt is like a week old so i notice these things
  • Options

I assumed they were different because they showed up in a separate way.

Right. I always wonder why that happens. If they are all the same, why the different access screens?

Would be nice if someone could clear it up…

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZola said:

Right. I always wonder why that happens. If they are all the same, why the different access screens?

Would be nice if someone could clear it up…

Dr. Zola
    No answer on this, which is to be expected…after a single full T4c out of 108 popped across three different accounts, I can confidently say I feel no urgency to run an AQ that gets me more of these anytime soon. The word paltry comes to mind.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★

I did not notice this until now. That's strange. If the drop rates are same then these should show together.
  • Options

I did not notice this until now. That's strange. If the drop rates are same then these should show together.
    Perhaps a different vintage?

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Perhaps a different vintage?

Dr. Zola

Haha...yea could be.
  • Options
    I’ve forgotten so much about this game…I’m going to invoke the guy with encyclopedic knowledge ( @DNA3000 ) about everything and see if he recalls the explanation for why there are different batches of AQ map crystals.

In the dark recesses of my recollection it seems like a mod provided an answer to this a while back…

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZola said:

I’ve forgotten so much about this game…I’m going to invoke the guy with encyclopedic knowledge ( @DNA3000 ) about everything and see if he recalls the explanation for why there are different batches of AQ map crystals.

In the dark recesses of my recollection it seems like a mod provided an answer to this a while back…

Dr. Zola

The short answer to why they show up differently is that they are different: meaning they have different identifiers, so the game treats them as completely different crystals. The question of course is why are they different at all.

It doesn’t necessarily mean the actual contents are different. They could be: the crystals have been improved over time and when they do that they have to make a whole map crystal - so that they don’t retroactively change the odds of crystals already awarded.

But there’s another possibility. Perhaps the devs are handing out AQ crystals that are different so that they can filter them out of the game metrics. They certainly monitor the amount of stuff alliances are earning from AQ. So much crystals are being handed out in the compensation packages that it could completely skew the AQ reward metrics. Giving crystals that look like the map crystals but the game thinks are totally different allows them to more easily tell the difference between map crystals earned in AQ and map crystals given in compensation in their data dashboards.

It could also be an error. Wouldn’t be the first time.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

The short answer to why they show up differently is that they are different: meaning they have different identifiers, so the game treats them as completely different crystals. The question of course is why are they different at all.

It doesn’t necessarily mean the actual contents are different. They could be: the crystals have been improved over time and when they do that they have to make a whole map crystal - so that they don’t retroactively change the odds of crystals already awarded.

But there’s another possibility. Perhaps the devs are handing out AQ crystals that are different so that they can filter them out of the game metrics. They certainly monitor the amount of stuff alliances are earning from AQ. So much crystals are being handed out in the compensation packages that it could completely skew the AQ reward metrics. Giving crystals that look like the map crystals but the game thinks are totally different allows them to more easily tell the difference between map crystals earned in AQ and map crystals given in compensation in their data dashboards.

It could also be an error. Wouldn’t be the first time.
    This is the kind of quality analysis that brings people to the forums. Thank you.

Dr. Zola