**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cav EQ Information/Collaboration

hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,120 ★★★★★
If anyone has a successful team/character use they would like to share please do. Also, If anyone is having a hard time with a particular quest, path or encounter, please share. And let's see if the community can work together to find solutions.

Comments

• Options
    CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    Well I’m currently exploring chapter 1, I found Odin really helped me through the first quest. There were fights where he was a decent option, plus his pre-fights were great at getting rid of the regen without having to worry about proccing buffs. I didn’t mind the paths too much, She Hulk, Torch, and Sunspot pretty much cleaned them, but I hated that Luke Cage fight. It just felt like there were too many things to manage, between the armour ups and their timer, aspect death, and the unstoppable timer. Plus the dex issues certainly didn’t help when he went unblockable.
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,267 ★★★★★
    I've been using Herc in each chapter so far.
  • Options

I've been using Herc in each chapter so far.

That works. 🙂
  • Options
    CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    A tip for the second quest would be to bring champs that don’t rely on throwing specials if you’re having trouble with the power lock. The four second timer for the power lock can be a real pain so any champ that can get by on their base abilities should do fine there.
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,005 ★★★★
    Is there a particular chapter you're curious about?
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    mgj0630 said:

Is there a particular chapter you're curious about?

Nope, I just wanted to start a thread for anyone who finds it unenjoyable or difficult to come and receive advise or ideas. Because I've seen a lot of posts about not wanting to finish the content, etc. Just trying to help.And I like the idea of the forum being a positive, helpful place.
  • Options
    HippoSleek_JHippoSleek_J Posts: 172 ★★
    It's very frustrating after months of ranking champs up to get through it they go and change the ones that get an advantage. Not to mention all the unblockable 😑
    The only champ I have to get through 1.2 cav is 6* duped Luke Cage, which wasn't fun, then Tigra made me look like I've been playing a few weeks 😂
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    The tags are not a restriction, u dont get punished by not using tagged champs...
  • Options
    edited December 2021

It's very frustrating after months of ranking champs up to get through it they go and change the ones that get an advantage. Not to mention all the unblockable 😑
    The only champ I have to get through 1.2 cav is 6* duped Luke Cage, which wasn't fun, then Tigra made me look like I've been playing a few weeks 😂

I guess my first question is have you tried just bringing your strongest, favorite champs if they are good for the path you are doing or the boss (if they are in alliance content such as AQ or war, do the lower difficulties and then hit the higher when they are free)? Bringing tagged champs is 100% optional. But I've found that a lot of them have really great bonuses (if you do have them) even at r1. I've pretty much done a combination of both tagged champs and regular.

If we use Tigra as an example... I personally used Rulk, but I had Torch and White Magneto on the team as backup. In case the tagged champs didn't work out. Each player's own personal best counter will vary. Maybe it's not a tagged champ at all.
  • Options
    CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,109 ★★★★
    So far I've only enjoyed 1.1, 2.2 and 3.2. The others are just not worth the hassle to get the damage bonus.

F4/ ATeam/New Avengers: Mr Fantastic cleared most fights in less than 20 hits. Used She Hulk and Hype for 2 or 3 fights Mr F couldn't handle.

Thunderbolts/Defenders/Inhuman: I tried. Power Lock is annoying, and since I can't throw specials I can't apply my debuffs and it's just a vicious cycle. Ended up using Nick to explore the whole thing.

Spider/Sinister/Symbiote: Anyone with those tags worked wonderfully. Venom was the MVP, melting everyone in seconds.

Avengers: This one was a lot of fun with the newly buffed Hawkeye. With the node's power drain and his sp1 the opponents never got to use a single special. Used Ronin for some fun. Brought CapIW for backup.

Mercenaries/GotG: Didn't even bother with the nodes. You need to reparry but enemies would go for a heavy after the first medium every single time so reparrying was impossible. Doom and Nick did the whole thing. Champs who can deal with unstoppable (slow/ nullify) will work well.

Dimensional Beings/Illuminati/Thanos' Army: Hood and OGBP dealt with the whole thing with no issues. CGR and Cull would also work wonders. If you don't have them, bring armor break/nullify champs.
  • Options
    SandPounderSandPounder Posts: 342 ★★★
    For the Mercenary/GotG level, don’t even try to reparry. Bring yourself someone with a easily applied bleed: Hit Monkey, GwenPool, Yondu and Deadpool XF.

For the Thunderbolt/Inhuman group… Medusa all the way.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,756 ★★★★★
    I'm currently doing 3.1 and Nick Fury, Claire, Archangel and Apocalypse got through it alright. Basically any champ that can bleed on command will do well. Champs with easy-to-access slow debuffs probably also work well. Then you just intercept or bait out heavies.

Horseman Archangel also did great vs. the Nick Fury boss.

King Groot made the Yondu boss a cakewalk.

I might share some other tips if I have any after I've explored more, but it's late here and my head is all sleepy.
  • Options
    edited December 2021

For the Mercenary/GotG level, don’t even try to reparry. Bring yourself someone with a easily applied bleed: Hit Monkey, GwenPool, Yondu and Deadpool XF.

For the Thunderbolt/Inhuman group… Medusa all the way.

100%.. I didn't Reparry at all. Requires AI cooperation.. so I skipped it. Horseman Wolverine for most of it (he can also fight NF because of the bleed resistance). But I used R1 HM for a fight for lols. He ended it with the first sp2.

Also, Apoc can Parry at will. And Guidance works as well. Seems unintentional, but it does. At least the last time I did it. In case this helps anyone.
  • Options
    Mpd1Mpd1 Posts: 97
    Eq sucks. It’s cumbersome and time consuming to find what champs to use and then figure out the nodes (which are not fun).

Y can’t we have some content that is fun?
    It used to be. You were able to build teams of useful champs that were all helped by the nodes.

I expect challenges in story and in variant, but l looked forward to eq for enjoyment.
    Now, it’s not worth the time.
  • Options
    Mpd1 said:

Eq sucks. It’s cumbersome and time consuming to find what champs to use and then figure out the nodes (which are not fun).

Y can’t we have some content that is fun?
    It used to be. You were able to build teams of useful champs that were all helped by the nodes.

I expect challenges in story and in variant, but l looked forward to eq for enjoyment.
    Now, it’s not worth the time.

Sorry you aren't feeling it. What some consider fun varies from player to player I suppose. Is there any specific quest, lane or boss that you found over tuned/not fun in particular? Or didn't feel you have good options for.
  • Options
    heruheru511heruheru511 Posts: 164 ★★
    Just 100% it earlier today, Namor was my MVP for several chapters (Avengers, Illuminati and Inhumans?). The unstoppable chapter is a breeze with Doom (just stagger the first unstoppable).

CGR and Corvus is a godsend for the entire final Kraven chapter, make sure to apply White Mags prefight on the final boss.