**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Do you end game players still rank up 5stars?

Comments

• Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,751 ★★★★★
    I try not to rank 5*s anymore. Only time I do is if they have a mechanic that I don’t have available as a 6*, or they’re a very specific champ that helps the rest of the roster (Apoc, etc. - haven’t pulled a 6* yet)
  • Options
    Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I don't rank up 5*s to r5 outside of the RUGS we get from the variants. My t5b can barely keep up with my t5cc
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    My rule is I won't use any resources that r vital for 6* on 5*. I usually have ton of alpha 2 ready to expire and plenty of t4c in most classes, so I'll often take 5* to r4 to avoid recourses expire. I haven't r5 a 5* (using t5b) in many, many, many months.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,160 ★★★★★
    I haven't ranked up a five star in a long time. Been slowly taking up wolverine cuz hes so fun. I have the same amount of rank three six stars as I do rank five five stars because of how little I touch them. I wish I did but it just seems like so much work to rank them up four different times to get them to a useable standpoint. All I have to do with a six star is rank them up once.
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    zuffy said:

Not an end game player but I have 118 6*. I will only rank up 5* if I have 3-4 or 4-5 gems or overflowing 2-3 gems. Even in my alt account with 55 6*, I just wait for a good 6* to rank. The only exception I made was r5 Shang chi and fury that I got recently.

How are you not an endgame player with over 100 6stars? I have less and explored all content besides Abyss. Have I missed the definition of endgame player? Also you have 2 accounts, I think you’re trying to be modest.
  • Options
    tommiietommiie Posts: 19
    i haven’t ranked up a 5* in months at this point
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,149 ★★★★★
    J0eySn0w said:

zuffy said:

Not an end game player but I have 118 6*. I will only rank up 5* if I have 3-4 or 4-5 gems or overflowing 2-3 gems. Even in my alt account with 55 6*, I just wait for a good 6* to rank. The only exception I made was r5 Shang chi and fury that I got recently.

How are you not an endgame player with over 100 6stars? I have less and explored all content besides Abyss. Have I missed the definition of endgame player? Also you have 2 accounts, I think you’re trying to be modest.
    Well, I haven’t explore act 6. Only 4 paths left in 7.2.6, only completed 7.3. Did easy path of abyss and I think 4 paths of LOL.
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    DawsMan said:

I haven't ranked up a five star in a long time. Been slowly taking up wolverine cuz hes so fun. I have the same amount of rank three six stars as I do rank five five stars because of how little I touch them. I wish I did but it just seems like so much work to rank them up four different times to get them to a useable standpoint. All I have to do with a six star is rank them up once.

Good point. I know it’s a game and we gotta enjoy it but doing what makes us happy but sometimes it can be tough with all these variables. For instance, I took Warlock to r5 some months ago cos I been hunting him for a long time and then within that same month I pulled him as a 6star. I have gems from Variants that I can use to bring some to r3 and r4, will let them chill there and see what my resources will allow me to do later on. I’m hoping at some point in future variants we get more than 1 r4-5 gem especially since some Cavs players are even hesitant to r5 5stars.
  • Options
    Nope. Waste of time for me.
  • Options
    DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    Almost never rank up 5*s now due to the T5b shortage, but I’ll R4 to prevent T2a expiring.

Hercules and S99 are two of the only ones I’ll do. I’ve not bothered to yet though, still not sure they’d get off the bench.
  • Options
    silentagsilentag Posts: 429 ★★★
    Still gotta find somewhere to drop iso for level up event, 5*s help for that
  • Options
    StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Only those that are not available as 6 stars, those i don't have as 6 stars and can be of use in a quest, those that need high signature (Namor for example)
    When i have some catalyst overload i rank up some 5 stars up to rank 3. Rank 4 and 5 being reserved for those 5 stars i might need because i don't have them a 6 stars version.
  • Options
    TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Nope. Have plenty sitting at 1/25 as well. The last time I upgraded a 5* was with the variant 8 rewards and that was just so I didn't have extra items - those rankups were 100% meaningless.

I don't even use 5* champs anymore lol. Haven't for like 1-2 years or something
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Nope
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,727 ★★★★
    Nope, i have around 70 champs missing as 6* and mostly the ones i don't want, so no point in ranking 5*.
  • Options
    RavenKeeperRavenKeeper Posts: 279 ★★★
    Very few. The ones we do are the top tier champs that we don't have as 6*s.
  • Options
    GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    I rarely rank up 5 stars.

Todaya I r5 guardian as 5 stars cause i FINALLY got him, so I awakened him, took to sig 200 and instant r5, is a valuable champ for me and I don't have him as a 6 stars.

I'm also planning on rank up kitty pride, knull and og scarlet witch but there's no rush.

My main focus is on 6 stars to be honest, just planning on my first r4.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    I still do ... but it's for niche champs or new champs that I don't have as 6* .. Hercules .. Odin ... Miles Morales were my latest ranks. I have plenty at R4 just waiting on the content that might need them if I don't a 6* version.
  • Options
    BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    I have about 50 R3 6*'s and i still R5 some 5*'s . My last rank 5's was SW , Knull , (og)Deadpool , wolverine , Herc. , anti venom. Slowed down from my past rank ups tho.
  • Options
    Very rarely. Today was the first 5* I’ve ranked up in a very long time. Spidey 2099, just cause I really like him and could use the buff immunity. Also, science is my weakest class
  • Options
    ExHavokExHavok Posts: 519 ★★★
    If he/she has some brand new ability/utility/game mechanic I do. Some recent rank up examples ;

- Kitty Pryde ( Phase mechanic , Passive incinerate, it was very useful for some paths in 7.3 )
    - Wolverine ( Easy access to critical bleeds. Again, in 7.3 I used him as a horsemen for bleed vulnerability paths. )
    - Hercules ( Intercept mechanic, being immortal and all unblockable at 1 hp for some time, stun immunity while he has feats )
    - Black Bolt ( Insane damage potential with Hit Monkey / Medusa synergies )
    - Tigra ( Hold heavy to miss incoming projectiles, shut off unstoppable with BP synergy )
  • Options
    Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 507 ★★★
    I’ve only ranked kitty in the last few months as a 5* to r5 because she’s amazing. But no. I find it very hard to rank 5*s past r3, i have about 120ish 6*s
  • Options
    Steel_Ball_RunSteel_Ball_Run Posts: 534 ★★★
    I would if they weren’t so expensive
  • Options
    GrubGrub Posts: 258 ★★★
    edited December 2021
    Variant gems are the only way my 5* get ranked to 5.
  • Options
    ChriissRChriissR Posts: 651 ★★★★
    I haven't ranked up a 5* past R3 for over a year now. Only 5* rankups I've done past R3 are ones from Variant using rankup gems.
  • Options
    _Reef_Reef Posts: 265
    If I have the gold, just took moleman to r5 since doom and thing don't get aw kills anymore. I have rank up gems, 6* 1-2 also but gold is scarce. Save it all to r3 6*s