**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Price of offers in UK

I don't know if this has been covered before, but I really want to ask.

Why are offers with real money cheaper in other countries such as the US compared to the UK? Every single offer I see online, it's exactly the same amount of dollars as it is in pounds. One pound is literally not the same as one dollar, so why do they cost the same?

A $30 offer should be at least like £25, not £30.

Is this kabam not knowing the difference, or is there a separate reason for why this is happening?

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Canada is more expensive than the US has well. Could be fees for converting money over or something
  • We only set the price in USD, the conversion rates are determined by the individual App Stores. They take into account a lot of things, like conversion rates, taxes, fees, etc. So, it could be any number of those things, but it's not something we have any power over.
  • We only set the price in USD, the conversion rates are determined by the individual App Stores. They take into account a lot of things, like conversion rates, taxes, fees, etc. So, it could be any number of those things, but it's not something we have any power over.

Ok, thanks for the reply Mike.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★

Why are offers with real money cheaper in other countries such as the US compared to the UK? Every single offer I see online, it's exactly the same amount of dollars as it is in pounds. One pound is literally not the same as one dollar, so why do they cost the same?

Is this kabam not knowing the difference, or is there a separate reason for why this is happening?

I'm in the UK also. To cut a long story short, Apple saw Brexit as an opportunity and got (even more) greedy, so they changed prices from £79.99 to £99.99 in line with USD. Google then saw this and hopped onboard.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Palanthrax wrote: »

I'm in the UK also. To cut a long story short, Apple saw Brexit as an opportunity and got (even more) greedy, so they changed prices from £79.99 to £99.99 in line with USD. Google then saw this and hopped onboard.

Bloody brexit
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    Palanthrax wrote: »

Bloody brexit

The cruel price of being free, lol
  • Vinh225Vinh225 Posts: 164
    Whatever the price is, we all know that we are getting ripped off 99% of the time.