**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Trade In Store and Resource Hoarding Issue

As an Endgame Player with access to a large roster I feel the Trade In Store has given many players an unfair gain by hoarding resources. It has been stressed many times by Kabam employees that hoarding is discouraged and the process of doing so is hampering game performance etc.
So over the time of my account I have used resources such as awakening gems to not only to follow what I was guided to being a “bad” move for the game itself but to also enjoy champions I had available to me. Sure I didn’t have to use my 5 star awakening gems but did to test abilities and champions in EQ and side events for the enjoyment of the game. Now I fully regret using and utilizing my 5 star roster somewhat because it has cost me my opportunity at the most rare resource in the game.
6 star Awakening Gems are limited for a reason and this method to gain one is utterly disappointing to many in the community as it’s unachievable if you actually used resources as intended in this game. I can’t fathom how this was considered as a good idea rather than releasing some content to give every player a fair shot to gain such a desired resource. Pile this on top of constant bugs on every release and you are not only losing revenue but the faith in many dedicated players who are awaiting some mythical change we are always promised. Retirement from the game is astounding and creativity is lacking in all facets. Please reevaluate your methods and thinking when it comes to how you want players to grow and proceed with the game when it comes to events like these. Because this is an unfair and disappointing event to the majority of the community.

Comments

• AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,264 ★★★★★
    Where is the latest post by kabam that they discourage hoarding? Was this before they had the crystal cleanup?
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,162 ★★★★
    The hoarding was related to the different and unique Crystal's. Having 10k t4cc fragments was ok, having 1 of many different types if crystal was the issue and why they auto opened some.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    Solswerd said:

I don't think it is an issue of Kabam encouraging hoarding, I think Kabam was offering a trade-in option to players that have reached a point where they do not even bother using Awakening gems on 5* champs. In other words, it was geared towards people at a certain level of progression. (I say this as someone who is not near that level of progression)

Correct. People have communicated themselves at that level that they don't even bother with 5*s anymore. I remember because I was suggesting that it's prudent to spread Resources. Unsuccessfully. XD
    edited December 2021

Zan0 said:

SandeepS said:

The hoarding was related to the different and unique Crystal's. Having 10k t4cc fragments was ok, having 1 of many different types if crystal was the issue and why they auto opened some.

They also discourage hoarding in general even if it doesn’t hurt the servers
    They said they didn't want to encourage it. They didn't say it was forboden. The fact that people are translating this Store into incentive to hoard is as Meme as Miike's comment on Cyclops. Which was also misinterpreted.
    You are absolutely incorrect. The reason item limits and the stash was created by Kabam was to prevent hoarding of resources.
    Does that prevent people? Pretty sure they either sit or expire either way. On a superficial level, of course they want people to use Resources. The concern is not only the server, but the overall balancing. What I said previously, was they only commented on Crystals that back up the server. Items in the Stash already opened don't affect the server at all.
    A Crystal is a key of sorts. It allows access to the codes for specific Crystal pools on the server. Each individual type carries a certain amount of load. Too much, and it backs it up.
    While there are limits, not once have I seen anyone from Kabam dissuade people from keeping a full Inventory. In fact, they've maintained that it's entirely up to people what they do with them. I'm the one that's been telling people to use them over the years. It just so happens in this case, they provided means for people who are getting literally no use out of them, to have SOME use out of them. If you're suggesting Kabam cares if you sit on a stack of Gems, the answer would be no. Not from a perspective of telling people not to hoard, or to do it respectively.
    Also, I'm not exactly petitioning for people to use them. I've commented on issues like allowing things to expire because of being too selective, or using them to keep a steady flow as opposed to focusing only on 6*s or God Tiers or what have you. Ultimately I don't care what people choose to do, but if they present an issue, I'm usually going to highlight an imbalance I see.
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★

Also, I'm not exactly petitioning for people to use them. I've commented on issues like allowing things to expire because of being too selective, or using them to keep a steady flow as opposed to focusing only on 6*s or God Tiers or what have you. Ultimately I don't care what people choose to do, but if they present an issue, I'm usually going to highlight an imbalance I see.

But you’re imbalance works in you’re world. Me personally I r3 every 5 for arena and awaken any just for a couple more points and test them solely to see if worth my cats as a 6 once I get them. It has in effect made 5* 100% useless to me and makes me have to hoard what I would normally just use for just fun. Best up once one is acquired gets it even if that means groot.

Ultimately I don't need the 6* awakening as I have the hench ones I want awakened right now and I will live with that. I ran out of chances to covert what I do have into generic, RNG wasn't my friend. Oh well tough for me.

This idea definitely changed what I do now. Had 0 solo shards walking into this, more chasing t1a or boosts but I'm now at 10 greater worth and they will sit there growing bigger until a store like this hits again. The nonsense fun of awakening champs and testing them is over for me and I would say heaps more.

As I don't really need anything in those objectives and max sigs no need to open them it will hurt me nothing in the scheme of things bar drop the fun lvl a bit and make me sit on things. If it never comes back I'll have millions of unneeded things in stash and shards but I'll be ready for whatever nonsense they throw out again.

So in short kabam stole a little bit more fun from me in the game to become a hoarder. With all the bugs and what not I'm not sure how much more fun I can lose before I just give up and move on.
    TyEdge said:

I have 40 max 5-stars, 10-12 6r3 and another dozen 6r2. I would never use an AG on a 5-star who wasn’t maxed, and by the time I max out a 5-star (very rare these days) sometimes dual class crystals have already duped them.

Ask yourself, “does using this gem let me accomplish something in the game right now?” If not, don’t do it.

Nice roster I have 17 r3, 10 r2 and apparently I guess asking myself if I would like to try this champ awkened and testing his 5 before ranking his 6 is wrong. Hoarding is right.

But you’re imbalance works in you’re world. Me personally I r3 every 5 for arena and awaken any just for a couple more points and test them solely to see if worth my cats as a 6 once I get them. It has in effect made 5* 100% useless to me and makes me have to hoard what I would normally just use for just fun. Best up once one is acquired gets it even if that means groot.

Ultimately I don't need the 6* awakening as I have the hench ones I want awakened right now and I will live with that. I ran out of chances to covert what I do have into generic, RNG wasn't my friend. Oh well tough for me.

This idea definitely changed what I do now. Had 0 solo shards walking into this, more chasing t1a or boosts but I'm now at 10 greater worth and they will sit there growing bigger until a store like this hits again. The nonsense fun of awakening champs and testing them is over for me and I would say heaps more.

As I don't really need anything in those objectives and max sigs no need to open them it will hurt me nothing in the scheme of things bar drop the fun lvl a bit and make me sit on things. If it never comes back I'll have millions of unneeded things in stash and shards but I'll be ready for whatever nonsense they throw out again.

So in short kabam stole a little bit more fun from me in the game to become a hoarder. With all the bugs and what not I'm not sure how much more fun I can lose before I just give up and move on.
    Specifically, when people are talking about a surplus of T2As and them expiring, it's usually in part because they've sworn off Ranking 5*s. There's a pace to each Rarity, and it's interconnected. Meaning, a 1* is easiest to Rank, then a 2* is harder than that, and so-on. When you get all the way up to a 6*, it's designed to take the longest to Rank. I.E. More Resources.
    People are free to focus only on 6*s, but that means they'll encounter large deficits and large surpluses, and in turn large wait times to Rank. Also, people can call lower Rarities useless, but that's a personal opinion. They're not actually useless. More content is added all the time to use other Rarities. The idea that Players are past Ranking lower ones is self-made. It's elected, not by design.
    edited December 2021
    TL:DR - The game and its Resources are designed with all Rarities in mind.

Specifically, when people are talking about a surplus of T2As and them expiring, it's usually in part because they've sworn off Ranking 5*s. There's a pace to each Rarity, and it's interconnected. Meaning, a 1* is easiest to Rank, then a 2* is harder than that, and so-on. When you get all the way up to a 6*, it's designed to take the longest to Rank. I.E. More Resources.
    People are free to focus only on 6*s, but that means they'll encounter large deficits and large surpluses, and in turn large wait times to Rank. Also, people can call lower Rarities useless, but that's a personal opinion. They're not actually useless. More content is added all the time to use other Rarities. The idea that Players are past Ranking lower ones is self-made. It's elected, not by design.
    Once again your broad stroke. Never has anything expired by me. Catwise I'll rank a 5 to r4 to get rid of t2a only no 5 will get t5b. I have no deficiency in anything. To show how much I value those 5 at this point, I used r5 mystic and awaken gem on classic sw. I bypassed doom to do it and don't have doom as a 6. More useful champ hands down is doom but I know I'm not using him.

Bar arena lower than a 6 isn't looked at by me bar fun runs. I have no need for them atm. Future maybe some content will come along and I guess I'll have to find a way through with my measly 56 r5 and r4 5.

Once again your broad stroke. Never has anything expired by me. Catwise I'll rank a 5 to r4 to get rid of t2a only no 5 will get t5b. I have no deficiency in anything. To show how much I value those 5 at this point, I used r5 mystic and awaken gem on classic sw. I bypassed doom to do it and don't have doom as a 6. More useful champ hands down is doom but I know I'm not using him.

Bar arena lower than a 6 isn't looked at by me bar fun runs. I have no need for them atm. Future maybe some content will come along and I guess I'll have to find a way through with my measly 56 r5 and r4 5.

If you're not expiring things to swear off 5*s on principle then I'm not really referring to you. I'm explaining where I'm coming from when I make suggestions to use things.

If you're not expiring things to swear off 5*s on principle then I'm not really referring to you. I'm explaining where I'm coming from when I make suggestions to use things.
    And I get what you're saying but there is a flaw in your logic because people like me get the shaft for not hoarding.

Pretty much this event tells me to hoard for that op champ and added benefit for me in stuff like this trading store. Me Ranking and awaken lower to see if the higher is worth my higher end resources is bad. I am better off hoarding and blindly following tier meta lists as I wouldn't be in the boat I am at the moment.

I made my peace with not getting this awaken but it won't happen again. All lower Rarities are useless to me now. Can't get sig stones and awaken gems in overflow if I don't open anything.

Kinda sad kabam had a great start of this month with the calendar and arena were all on point way more than I expected. This one thing does darken it a little and completely changed how I play. No more fun screw around but has to be meta or hold for new weirdo things like this trade in.
  • Aegon87Aegon87 Posts: 45
    up