**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

December Cav EQ 3.1 is Too Hard

The nodes are ridiculous. Unless you have or use some very specific counters, which in most cases are not the Mercenaries or GOTG champs, then it's much harder than previous Cav EQ's in my opinion. I've done easier content in Act 7 and Variants. The game is supposed to be fun and just letting you know that 3.1 is certainly not that for me. It feels like my Units are being used up just before the Gifting Event. Shame.

Comments

• Options
    UnobtainiumClawsUnobtainiumClaws Posts: 197 ★★
    I feel your pain. I ended up using Claire to clear all the paths after a few tries with Domino. It is one of the worst node combination to date, but it is doable with some patience and practice. I also had Blade in the team to back up Claire.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    I mean, to be fair, the whole point of the specific nodes that target specific champs is that it really benefits those champs and is reasonably harder for others. Not saying that this node combo was great, but that is how they are supposed to be.

Also, I would 100% just wait until the gifting event and have people gift trade you revives. Don't waste your units on them before.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,153 ★★★★★
    I'm just going in with big damage dealers and mysics to counter unstoppable. Much more manageable than using domino and hit monkey and watching hit monkeys health burn away to block damage on reparrys.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★
    I didn’t love the node combination. I get what they were trying to do, but it was easier for me just to use Hood to shut down the node completely. It actually made me appreciate him enough to take him to r3.
  • Options
    Jcobra25Jcobra25 Posts: 212 ★★
    Kriya3000 said:

The nodes are ridiculous. Unless you have or use some very specific counters, which in most cases are not the Mercenaries or GOTG champs, then it's much harder than previous Cav EQ's in my opinion. I've done easier content in Act 7 and Variants. The game is supposed to be fun and just letting you know that 3.1 is certainly not that for me. It feels like my Units are being used up just before the Gifting Event. Shame.

I don't think it is
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    It was easy
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    Domino easily takes care of that quest
  • Options
    K1nnyK1nny Posts: 46
    Kriya3000 said:

I can see how folks struggle. I didn’t use any of the tags for this quest - brought in 2x doom with fury white magneto and I think torch. Doom took all the path fights with white mag pre fight for specific hard champs or nodes. And white mag + doom for the final boss fury.

Oh - you can also use fury to take on most of the paths since you can keep the bleeds up and if he dies - it benefits doom and the additional attack value increase.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    edited December 2021
    Ultron smashes this chapter, even domino is easy figth. Ant man, for me was hardest that domino due to glancing is easy cause ultron's functions are inmune to AAR. He and BWCV made this chapter funny and enjoyable. Additionally he is useful for NF
  • Options
    Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 630 ★★★
    I mainly used BWCV. She's got a consistent bleed, can regen, & deal with unstoppable.Other than that, I used hit monkey & fury for the bleed while playing around the unstoppable. Once you get the timing right, it's actually kinda fun
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    I use cable / Apocalypse.
    Just keep doing parry, heavy with Apocalypse and occasional sp2.
    Mainly cable on boss.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    Typical complaint post about difficulty. No details on what the issue is, won't show roster, won't ask how others did it. Doubt this is about difficulty and more about skill.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,153 ★★★★★

Its very easy me and my 3 star immortal hulk smash and iron man civil war did it with 3 revives.
    I think this a you problem more than kabam's problem.
    Git Gud.

he's talking about cavalier difficulty 3.1.

You are doing content nowhere near the exclusive nor difficult. Git Gud.
  • Options
    Kriya3000Kriya3000 Posts: 68

Typical complaint post about difficulty. No details on what the issue is, won't show roster, won't ask how others did it. Doubt this is about difficulty and more about skill.

Mate, u need to learn some people skills and show some empathy. For info, I'm TB and have done Act 7 and such like. I have rank 3's. I don't need to know what to do as I have looked at YouTubers and already know. I'm just voicing what many others have said in YouTube comments and in other places. This EQ is harder than the many others that I have easily fully completed for over a year. I consider myself an above average player as I frequently tackle bosses in AQ and stuff. I don't have lightening quick reactions and no doubt there are many who have much better skill than me but this was tough for a lot of people in my opinion. I really just want Kabam to be aware. They're pushing Cav EQ too far. Last month they had that mini boss and now they have the frustrating nodes of 3.1. Also, if the path nodes weren't hard enough, then they punish you for bringing bleeders with the NF node that combats that. No doubt you are amazing like Swedeah or Metal Sonic Dude with a full quiver of suitable champs. Please consider what the rest of us mere mortals are struggling with whilst you give your unhelpful "Get Good" narrative.
  • Options
    NemeschyNemeschy Posts: 53
    I am not sure if "too hard" is the right working. The node combinations are awful for the most part though, that is for sure. It is a spike in difficulty for the same rewards. They should have made a TB difficulty with better rewards if they wanted to make it tougher. I am all for a new harder challenge. Doing a new, harder challenge for the same rewards is lame though.
  • Options
    Kriya3000Kriya3000 Posts: 68
    Yes. That's more like it. It's like they are moving Cav EQ difficulty up with the Whales who have rank 4s and 25 rank 3s but not scaling rewards. I don't mind hurting a bit more if they scale the rewards with it, e.g. like Summer of Pain. The best content Kabam have ever done. Either scale up Cav EQ rewards or take it back a notch like to October level and then release a separate TB EQ.
  • Options
    Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 507 ★★★
    Meh, this month was annoying but i also didn’t care for the tag system, i just ignored that aspect, worked within the nodes with my best champs and cleared it ok. I still prefer the class based eq but like the cross fight part.