**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW MVP Leaderboard

Is there a plan to track this? And maybe have some rewards for the summoner with the most AW MVPs. Currently, it doesn't mean anything, but it will be a big game changer if there is some sort of incentive for this.

Comments

• QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    i believe the point of it was to help with recruiting to make sure the person you're recruiting is not a leech.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Idk how it would help with that. What if you have someone who gets MVP pretty much every time in your BG?
  • MegaVoltsMegaVolts Posts: 114
    Interesting @Qwerty. But I'm sure there is something else.
    However given that is part of the section of your profile which shows your activity, you could be right. I just hope they start tracking it though.
  • Or if they were in a low alliance where MVP was guaranteed just for placing champs since defense team rating counts for a significant amount of war contribution as well. It's a great stat for some, but with so many variables it can be an empty and meaningless statistic.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    I hope not. MVP is extremely lane dependent and is mostly based on assignments from officers. The best lanes to claim MVP aren't even as difficult as others. It just breeds conflict internally for alliances between players that want to pursue these types of things.

Also, add into the mix that having suicides for higher defender rating is calculated into the title. You're looking at players who essentially just have longer paths to take on attack and weaker defenses due to recoil able to claim the prize easier.
    @Omni that's the point, it could then invite some competition within the group and will ensure members participate more, bring in stronger champions, etc.
    All good points. I guess some tweaking is needed then to make it more meaningful and fair. If only we have a clear understanding of how MVP is earned, then everyone can focus on those factors.
    edited November 2017
    Reinstag wrote: »
    @Omni that's the point, it could then invite some competition within the group and will ensure members participate more, bring in stronger champions, etc.

Idk its kind of difficult to beat someone when they solo a minboss and the boss 9/10.

In theory I understand, I'm personally more concerned about getting more than the other Boss Killers from the other BG in my ally because 3 of us are close in MVPs.
    I hope not. MVP is extremely lane dependent and is mostly based on assignments from officers. The best lanes to claim MVP aren't even as difficult as others. It just breeds conflict internally for alliances between players that want to pursue these types of things.

Also, add into the mix that having suicides for higher defender rating is calculated into the title. You're looking at players who essentially just have longer paths to take on attack and weaker defenses due to recoil able to claim the prize easier.

It really isnt. I get it pretty much every war and I take the most left path in the middle section.

People who go left "should" be getting it if this were the case.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Omni wrote: »

It really isnt. I get it pretty much every war and I take the most left path in the middle section.

People who go left "should" be getting it if this were the case.

That may be because your BG isn't of a similar skill level. If every person in the BG is fighting over getting the minis and boss fights towards the end then you'll see MVP shift a lot. If the person who takes the longer lane takes a mini solo many times they will get MVP without even having to touch the final boss.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    Reinstag wrote: »

the trouble is this will also breed contempt for why so and so isn't getting "a good lane"
    I tried many lanes on wars, been on left, center and right. I don't think it is dependent on the lane you take. but most of the time, my champs have higher PIs and when they do, and I ensure I get the kills, I will get the MVP.

What I am suggesting is for Kabam to clarify exactly how someone gets an MVP, think about changes that will make it fair for everyone, and then start thinking about incentives (ie. rare title, or random alliance items, etc). So it has some deeper meaning rather than just a random number on your profile.
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Or if they were in a low alliance where MVP was guaranteed just for placing champs since defense team rating counts for a significant amount of war contribution as well. It's a great stat for some, but with so many variables it can be an empty and meaningless statistic.

Yup my alt is stacking MVPs for showing up in tier 19 not active really but it's a dead allaince I just hold it open in case we wanna retire there

Why not award MVPs to the winning alliance, or award it to the top tiered alliances only that has full participation, etc. There should be certain requirements to earn this, and not just by placing defense and not doing anything.
  • I hope not. MVP is extremely lane dependent and is mostly based on assignments from officers. The best lanes to claim MVP aren't even as difficult as others. It just breeds conflict internally for alliances between players that want to pursue these types of things.

This!!! About 80% of the time I’m getting the MVP and it to me is the easiest path on the map. The only reason I get it is cause it’s the longest path.

I think it’s fine as is. Only difference I would like to see implemented would be points for defender kills, but as they don’t count in the scoring system I doubt they would count in mvp consideration.

My defense is terrible, this way I wouldn’t get mvp every time.
  • KHAOSKHAOS Posts: 21
    Hah mvp is trash. The percentage isn’t based on how much you complete the map or off/def kills. I’ve gone right and made 7 moves with 4 kills but had a lesser percentage then someone that went left and only had 3 moves with 1 kill. And I didn’t overlap anyone else’s exploration. I don’t get how they calculate it but it’s some bs
  • Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    This is good in theory but useless. How do they judge it. I am on break for holidays 4 aw 4 number 1mvp because I'm in a small alliance. I go back to mine I'm miles ahead of everyone in the numbers but really I wasn't challenged in that time frame. Going from t1 to t16 with my r4 5 and killer defenders I plow through nodes without caring and the opponent can't take my champs down. It's boring being low and I'll step back up real soon but my MVP count will be nuts.
  • I have one mvp I was about level 30 in my old alliance and I committed all my top champs to defend and attack. The other members were way higher levels than me in wars but committed weak champions because they were obviously focused on other quests as well. I soon changed alliances as it was frustrating me as I was committed more than them in the wars and they had awesome champs to use nut never did. I looked at who they committed in defence and decided at times if it was worth it committing to join as they did probably one war a fortnight. I'm a little xp from level 40 now and nowhere near mvp in my current alliance as they kick butt. I just help clear paths for them so I have value and commit my you champs in all alliance quests wars etc