**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Next Month's Buffs?

Comments

• Options
    Krishna24Krishna24 Posts: 380 ★★★
    Hort4 said:

Texas_11 said:

I'm thinking it's :
    Green Goblin+ Rogue
    Dare devil+ Taskmaster.
    Rocket raccoon+Mephisto

Would love GG and Rogue. Rogue is one of my favorites and I have a 6* GG that I have pulled 5 times. Never pulled anyone else more than 2 times. Plus I love GG's animations.
    Even I pulled the 6* version 6 times
  • Options
    Steel_Ball_RunSteel_Ball_Run Posts: 534 ★★★
    DD classic pls, not cause I have a sig 120 6*
  • Options
    DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    edited December 2021
    If they do decide, green goblin for no way home maybe?

Also sentry, he rlly needs the buff. I feel like he's been anticipated due to his lore.

Groot as well, cosmic can use the help. That's a very good buff choice.

Also iron fist, they could make him a really hard mystic hitting champ. Mystic class needs the help rn, last year they only got diablo and p2p witch.
  • Options
    KyriosRaisKyriosRais Posts: 65
    it's Sentry and Phoenix guysss
  • Options
    odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Og captain marvel and Dr strange plz
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Haven’t KT1 and KarateMike previously posted vids connecting the 6* featured crystal (or was it the 5* featured) to who might be getting buffed next?
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★

Haven’t KT1 and KarateMike previously posted vids connecting the 6* featured crystal (or was it the 5* featured) to who might be getting buffed next?

Yes. How much if that turned out to be true?
  • Options
    JornJorn Posts: 23
    edited December 2021
    Dr strange and i am groot
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,059 ★★★★
    I predict a Sinister Six buff especially GG. Dude has been in way too many crystals.
  • Options

Based on a few things, I think it’s Green Goblin.

Firstly, he was announced in a featured pool last month for the 5* pool, which is much more accurate for predicting buffs than the 6* pool.

Secondly, MCOCs YouTube channel posted this

Which yes, partly I think it’s because of No Way Home. But why Goblin? Why not Doc, Electro or the others? Only one of them posted? And this brings me onto my third point

Hawkeye was buffed alongside his show. We’ve never had that before. Falcon and Winter soldier came out and everyone thought WS could be buffed. Loki came out and the same happened, same with Vision AoU with Wandavision. But now hawkeye comes out and we get a hawkeye buff the same month.

Now, that absolutely could be and probably is just a coincidence, I mean it was bound to happen eventually. But the optimist in me (and the Moonknight sig 20 in my roster) hopes that we’re starting to see buffs tie in with shows and movies. So green goblin being bugged alongside No Way Home leads to MK being buffed with his show, Kamala with hers etc. I think it would be a good marketing trick if I’m honest.

Buffs are always hard to predict, since there’s not much rhyme or reason to them as admitted by Kabam John, they kinda pick who works and run with it. But it’s fun to guess, and hopefully, it’ll prove fruitful!

Well they did release Ikaris and Sersi when Eternals was released.

Kabam used to do that a lot before COVID. Black Widow champs (BWDO and RG) we’re supposed to be released when the movie was supposed to be released.

Maybe that’s happening again?
  • Options
    IcyCoolDudeDoodleIcyCoolDudeDoodle Posts: 587 ★★
    Dear God,

Thank you for this game you have given us

Thank you for this life you have given us

Thank you for the families you have given us

We wish to wish the wishes by asking for a Sentry buff and Groot Nerf

Please!
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Firstly, he was announced in a featured pool last month for the 5* pool, which is much more accurate for predicting buffs than the 6* pool.

Which yes, partly I think it’s because of No Way Home. But why Goblin? Why not Doc, Electro or the others? Only one of them posted? And this brings me onto my third point

Hawkeye was buffed alongside his show. We’ve never had that before. Falcon and Winter soldier came out and everyone thought WS could be buffed. Loki came out and the same happened, same with Vision AoU with Wandavision. But now hawkeye comes out and we get a hawkeye buff the same month.

Now, that absolutely could be and probably is just a coincidence, I mean it was bound to happen eventually. But the optimist in me (and the Moonknight sig 20 in my roster) hopes that we’re starting to see buffs tie in with shows and movies. So green goblin being bugged alongside No Way Home leads to MK being buffed with his show, Kamala with hers etc. I think it would be a good marketing trick if I’m honest.

Buffs are always hard to predict, since there’s not much rhyme or reason to them as admitted by Kabam John, they kinda pick who works and run with it. But it’s fun to guess, and hopefully, it’ll prove fruitful!

Kabam used to do that a lot before COVID. Black Widow champs (BWDO and RG) we’re supposed to be released when the movie was supposed to be released.

Oh yeah, when we get movie champions they are tied in to what movie they’re released with. Remember that COVID delayed a few movies, the last movie released was Shang Chi and Black Widow, both of which were released with champions.

The buff program however has never tied buffs into movie release or show release up until hawkeye. I was never questioning new champions added alongside films, we know that happens when films are released.
  • Options

Oh yeah, when we get movie champions they are tied in to what movie they’re released with. Remember that COVID delayed a few movies, the last movie released was Shang Chi and Black Widow, both of which were released with champions.

The buff program however has never tied buffs into movie release or show release up until hawkeye. I was never questioning new champions added alongside films, we know that happens when films are released.
    By that logic a Sinister 6 champ should be buffed. And then hopefully all the events they announced have a corresponding buff? IDK
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★

It may be worth noting that Falcon and the Winter Soldier was originally scheduled for release in August of 2020 and Falcon got his buff I believe in October 2020. So that buff landed right as the show would have been wrapping up.

Additionally SWigil entered the game (non-playable) in December of 2020, which is when Wandavision was scheduled for release before a reshuffling of release dates took place in November 2020.

Now with the Hawkeye rework, it seems they’ve done something with each of the Disney+ shows more frequently than they haven’t, with the outliers being Loki and What If?.

All this to say, gimme gobby, gimme dat moon man, I want them all
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Chikel said:

I predict a Sinister Six buff especially GG. Dude has been in way too many crystals.

GG, Doctor Strange, and Mister Fantastic leads the world in most feature crystal appearances lol

• Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Dkcody42 said:

Isn’t Rogue in pretty much every featured? I predict it’ll be her.

True
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    Dkcody42 said:

If they're going for something easy in January, it would make the most sense since everyone's agreed that she only needs a numbers bump.
  • Options

Dkcody42 said:

If they're going for something easy in January, it would make the most sense since everyone's agreed that she only needs a numbers bump.
    If it were me, I'd do something like this
    -Slight increase to buff timer
    -Buff timer paused during opponent's special
    -Update the buffs she can steal to a much wider pool
    -Sig on base kit
    -New sig. What this would be is a bit up in the air, but maybe a permanent attack or special damage increase during the fight per buff stolen? Obviously with a stack limit, could be per unique buff or just total. Or amount of power stolen/health gained in the fight gives her an attack/special damage boost. I feel like special damage fits with the mutant class, and works off her current abilities of stealing health, power and/or buffs
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    edited December 2021

Dkcody42 said:

-Sig on base kit
    -New sig. What this would be is a bit up in the air, but maybe a permanent attack or special damage increase during the fight per buff stolen? Obviously with a stack limit, could be per unique buff or just total. Or amount of power stolen/health gained in the fight gives her an attack/special damage boost. I feel like special damage fits with the mutant class, and works off her current abilities of stealing health, power and/or buffs
    Is it worth the rework risk? ::looking at Gully::
  • Options

Dkcody42 said:

-Sig on base kit
    Is it worth the rework risk? ::looking at Gully::
    This would be a tuneup, and since they’re not taking abilities away, at worst she would have a nova/gamora level buff. No tuneup has made a champion worse than before
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,322 ★★★★★
    Fabwizi said:

Who's that pokemon?

Pikachu(electro) or bulbasaur (groot)
  • Options
    ChitlinsChitlins Posts: 164 ★★

Hey all,

Unfortunately, there won't be any buffs for next month. The shortened development timelines surrounding the holidays always make this a busy time of the year. We had planned to announce this with the release notes, but I figured there's no harm in letting you know now.

Totally understandable! But maybe you could give us all a hint on who will be buffed in February?
This discussion has been closed.