**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Next Month's Buffs?

124»

Comments

• ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

I’d like to say that although I did not expect a complete overhaul to DDHK, I feel we presented and responded with solutions for the last few weeks with very sensible and fair reasons as to why we wanted these changes.

The response to the thread was weeks after the requests started - so the excuses that the buff program is a certain way and the priorities of the company (albeit maybe true) are just that. Why did it take so long to elicit a response and allow us to hope for something? It’s terrible terrible forum management by the spokespeople.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - while the vision and developer priorities are what they are, the fact that Kabam can’t have civil interactions with people who have legitimate concerns keeps the company from reaching its full potential.

WE - the community - are the ones who pay money for this game. Whatever artistic liberties Kabam takes to do what they feel in the game are just that.

A blanket statement that a champion won’t be adjusted and the administrative closing of a thread that the company doesn’t like - is bad business. Especially on a Saturday which means you’ve been reading these for weeks and have waited until now to respond and close the thread?

I can’t express how bad the customer relations appear to be, with the expectation that the community needs to just accept things for the way they are.

If there was a phone number available I’d call to speak to an adult, but none is listed as the way to manage phone calls is to just eliminate the middle man - just like closing the thread.

After everything that we have read in this thread, if this is going to be your reaction to the whole situation then they should close it down but more importantly your statement highlights the actual problem that is going in this community. Kabam is full of flaws and no one is denying that, plenty of people are in fact taking them to task for their mistakes, including themselves but when people are making statements like this, you highlight why the community as a whole can never really be fully respected because it itself cannot be fully respectable.

If you really believe that that's the problem, that they can't communicate like an adult, then by all means like I've said before, if you want to see this dramatic change in tone throughout the company and how it approaches the community, then please.. I'm begging you, I'm pleading with you, go fill out the application and get up to Canada and see if you can do it better because that's the only way we're ever going to see any change that people are demanding we see.

I'm tired of this US versus THEM mentality and I am tired of this imaginary War for something as frankly stupid as percentages and how no one can actually agree on what it is they want so we're fighting over that as well. I care about the game and everyone both behind the scenes and in the community who played and I just want everyone to be on that same page so we can be something great and it could be one of those games that lasts for as long as humanly possible and continues to grow and change with the Next Generation. But it's all on us working together.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,279 ★★★★★

Rookiie said:

Hey all,

Unfortunately, there won't be any buffs for next month. The shortened development timelines surrounding the holidays always make this a busy time of the year. We had planned to announce this with the release notes, but I figured there's no harm in letting you know now.

I'm going to be an **** since I, and everyone else at my work, met deadlines in preparation for taking time off for the holidays.

You guys really couldn't even do numbers-only tweaks on some of the handful of champs that would have benefited from such small changes? Especially when we consider that the character development team only had 1 new champ to work on for December...

Again, this is my unrestrained **** side. Don't take it to heart.

I’m also an employee, and I sacrificed two weeks of leave to help others meet their deadlines and keep everything stable.
    Now, nobody is asking Kabam to go the extra mile.
    Just a small numbers change on DDHK would keep all parties satisfied; I’m fairly certain.
    Please talk to Kabam John, guys. Arrange something.
    If not now then in the New Year, early on.
    Numbers adjustments are not small or easy and require just about as much testing and balancing as a full update. This is one of the reasons we stopped doing as many, and also told players about that when we changed the update cadence.
    How could they possibly take anywhere near as much testing? Keep them within established envelopes and it would be pretty easy to do. Adding furies to a champ? Is it possible for their attack to go over 14K for more than 5 seconds? No, then go for it. Adding crit rating? Built-in limits already, so go nuts. Champ has regen? How does it compare to KG/OML/Wolverine? Plot it out and as long as the changes stay in the boundaries, they won't break the game.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Rookiie said:

Hey all,

Unfortunately, there won't be any buffs for next month. The shortened development timelines surrounding the holidays always make this a busy time of the year. We had planned to announce this with the release notes, but I figured there's no harm in letting you know now.

I'm going to be an **** since I, and everyone else at my work, met deadlines in preparation for taking time off for the holidays.

You guys really couldn't even do numbers-only tweaks on some of the handful of champs that would have benefited from such small changes? Especially when we consider that the character development team only had 1 new champ to work on for December...

I’m also an employee, and I sacrificed two weeks of leave to help others meet their deadlines and keep everything stable.
    Just a small numbers change on DDHK would keep all parties satisfied; I’m fairly certain.
    Numbers adjustments are not small or easy and require just about as much testing and balancing as a full update. This is one of the reasons we stopped doing as many, and also told players about that when we changed the update cadence.
    How could they possibly take anywhere near as much testing? Keep them within established envelopes and it would be pretty easy to do. Adding furies to a champ? Is it possible for their attack to go over 14K for more than 5 seconds? No, then go for it. Adding crit rating? Built-in limits already, so go nuts. Champ has regen? How does it compare to KG/OML/Wolverine? Plot it out and as long as the changes stay in the boundaries, they won't break the game.
    People complain that Kabam don’t test, but want them to rush out buffs.

I know it seems simple to just tweak numbers and pump out updates, but since this game is built as something that requires a lot of commitment and investment in characters, a nerf can be a really huge thing for the game. We still talk about 12.0 years on. We still have claims that nerfs have occurred for relatively small changes.

I mean, take for example the Hercules synergy change with hawkeye, 40% down to 20% reduction. And people were annoyed about it a change like that. Rightly or wrongly, whether it’s about the communication or the change itself, nerfs are big talking points in the community. Or a small change like Drax no longer bypassing drax astral evade, that’s a very small interaction in the grand scheme of things, but it’s the principle of change. This game isn’t built on lots of alterations and nerfs because we invest items, money and time we can never get back.

If a buff was rushed out, even a small tweak to stats could cause a massively unintended benefit to a champ, and what if Kabam decided that was too much and needed to be changed. There would be an uproar, rank down tickets thread would be back like its 2017.

And are you going to be the one to tell someone who grinded 3 days in arena for the buffed selector that they can use a rank down ticket on someone they wasted a weekend on, because their buff was rushed out and there was an issue?

It’s much, much better to take time with buffs and get them right, than rush out buffs without enough testing. There are a lot of consequences to it that we can’t know.

Not to mention, that tweaking numbers for tune ups is rarely just adding crit rate or furies. That sounds like a very simple tune up to me. Like a nova level tune up. I’d rather they put in the time to figure out some good buffs, test them properly and release them.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★

Rookiie said:

Hey all,

People complain that Kabam don’t test, but want them to rush out buffs.

I know it seems simple to just tweak numbers and pump out updates, but since this game is built as something that requires a lot of commitment and investment in characters, a nerf can be a really huge thing for the game. We still talk about 12.0 years on. We still have claims that nerfs have occurred for relatively small changes.

I mean, take for example the Hercules synergy change with hawkeye, 40% down to 20% reduction. And people were annoyed about it a change like that. Rightly or wrongly, whether it’s about the communication or the change itself, nerfs are big talking points in the community. Or a small change like Drax no longer bypassing drax astral evade, that’s a very small interaction in the grand scheme of things, but it’s the principle of change. This game isn’t built on lots of alterations and nerfs because we invest items, money and time we can never get back.

If a buff was rushed out, even a small tweak to stats could cause a massively unintended benefit to a champ, and what if Kabam decided that was too much and needed to be changed. There would be an uproar, rank down tickets thread would be back like its 2017.

And are you going to be the one to tell someone who grinded 3 days in arena for the buffed selector that they can use a rank down ticket on someone they wasted a weekend on, because their buff was rushed out and there was an issue?

It’s much, much better to take time with buffs and get them right, than rush out buffs without enough testing. There are a lot of consequences to it that we can’t know.

Not to mention, that tweaking numbers for tune ups is rarely just adding crit rate or furies. That sounds like a very simple tune up to me. Like a nova level tune up. I’d rather they put in the time to figure out some good buffs, test them properly and release them.
    I'm going to be honest - I have trouble remembering what Nova's tune-up actually was.

Anyway, indeed bad things can happen if changes are rushed out without any sort of testing.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★

Rookiie said:

Hey all,

They are hiring. If you think it's so easy, go apply and see.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    It's not just a matter of changing some values and throwing them back into The Contest. These things take time and testing. While this process isn't perfect, there's still a process to it nonetheless.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★

I’d like to say that although I did not expect a complete overhaul to DDHK, I feel we presented and responded with solutions for the last few weeks with very sensible and fair reasons as to why we wanted these changes.

The response to the thread was weeks after the requests started - so the excuses that the buff program is a certain way and the priorities of the company (albeit maybe true) are just that. Why did it take so long to elicit a response and allow us to hope for something? It’s terrible terrible forum management by the spokespeople.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - while the vision and developer priorities are what they are, the fact that Kabam can’t have civil interactions with people who have legitimate concerns keeps the company from reaching its full potential.

WE - the community - are the ones who pay money for this game. Whatever artistic liberties Kabam takes to do what they feel in the game are just that.

A blanket statement that a champion won’t be adjusted and the administrative closing of a thread that the company doesn’t like - is bad business. Especially on a Saturday which means you’ve been reading these for weeks and have waited until now to respond and close the thread?

I can’t express how bad the customer relations appear to be, with the expectation that the community needs to just accept things for the way they are.

If there was a phone number available I’d call to speak to an adult, but none is listed as the way to manage phone calls is to just eliminate the middle man - just like closing the thread.

After everything that we have read in this thread, if this is going to be your reaction to the whole situation then they should close it down but more importantly your statement highlights the actual problem that is going in this community. Kabam is full of flaws and no one is denying that, plenty of people are in fact taking them to task for their mistakes, including themselves but when people are making statements like this, you highlight why the community as a whole can never really be fully respected because it itself cannot be fully respectable.

If you really believe that that's the problem, that they can't communicate like an adult, then by all means like I've said before, if you want to see this dramatic change in tone throughout the company and how it approaches the community, then please.. I'm begging you, I'm pleading with you, go fill out the application and get up to Canada and see if you can do it better because that's the only way we're ever going to see any change that people are demanding we see.

I'm tired of this US versus THEM mentality and I am tired of this imaginary War for something as frankly stupid as percentages and how no one can actually agree on what it is they want so we're fighting over that as well. I care about the game and everyone both behind the scenes and in the community who played and I just want everyone to be on that same page so we can be something great and it could be one of those games that lasts for as long as humanly possible and continues to grow and change with the Next Generation. But it's all on us working together.
    Then work together and let’s stop the apologist approach. We all want the same thing.

It’s less about the percentages or about a champ like DDHK.

It’s about how we’re treated. Silence silence silence and then closed thread.

No discussion. No dialogue. Nothing.

There are two ways to look at this. The way I do is a realistic customer - company relationship.

This is what I want - is this possible? If the game was not filled with Marvel characters and just a general game with made up people, would we care? No. If you replaced DDHK with “Bob”, nobody would care about his regen.

That’s a worthwhile discussion. Everything doesn’t have to be contrarian to show how smart someone is.

It’s a problem. Fix it. Done and move on.

We can’t and this is why in a constructive manner.

I feel we’re treated like children. It’s how I feel. I don’t hold it against anyone else who feels differently.

The apologist way is the same as someone driving 30 MPH in a 55 thinking they trooper will like them more.

Yes, let’s work together - but it must be to solve a problem - not to argue who’s smarter. Solve the problem. We try to all be right instead of solving the problem.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    And of course, in typical fashion - people just disagree and don’t interact.

No wonder we can’t work together.

Talk. Discuss. Don’t just hit a button.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★

Rookiie said:

Hey all,

People complain that Kabam don’t test, but want them to rush out buffs....
    Sorry, but I don't see that. Kabam announced they were going to do 3 buffs a month last year. That was something they put on themselves. This year, after they saw it was too much for them, they reduced it to 2 champs per month.

Then work together and let’s stop the apologist approach. We all want the same thing.

There are two ways to look at this. The way I do is a realistic customer - company relationship.

This is what I want - is this possible? If the game was not filled with Marvel characters and just a general game with made up people, would we care? No. If you replaced DDHK with “Bob”, nobody would care about his regen.

That’s a worthwhile discussion. Everything doesn’t have to be contrarian to show how smart someone is.

I feel we’re treated like children. It’s how I feel. I don’t hold it against anyone else who feels differently.

The apologist way is the same as someone driving 30 MPH in a 55 thinking they trooper will like them more.

Yes, let’s work together - but it must be to solve a problem - not to argue who’s smarter. Solve the problem. We try to all be right instead of solving the problem.
    The Forum is for us to discuss the game first and foremost. Discussions are open for us to discuss ideas with each other. Not just as a venue to express concerns and needs, but that is definitely part of it. They read our ideas. That doesn't mean all wants and needs can be implemented.
    As for the buff program, they've told us they're looking at ways to improve it, but their decisions and processes are up to their own discretion. We participated in choosing a buff, and we all saw how that went. I'm not saying they don't listen to us or that our thoughts aren't valued. I'm saying they make their own decisions and they don't comment on things like that until they're certain and ready to release the news.
    What Miike did was let us know that nothing was planned at this time. There was a movement even after they respectfully told us they would be taking a month off for the Holidays, and to be frank, persisting isn't going to change that outcome. They communicated to us where they were at. We can't fault the process of communication if we don't like the outcome of the response. They don't even usually mention much of anything in these cases because of these reactions, but he was giving a heads up for expectations.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★

With all due respect, perhaps some don't feel that they have to explain themselves or that they can't adequately express why they disagree.

With all due respect, perhaps some don't feel that they have to explain themselves or that they can't adequately express why they disagree.
    I never use the Button personally. I use my words. To each their own.

As a matter of fact, the disagree was me, and then I've explained why in the post above.

Rookiie said:

Hey all,

People complain that Kabam don’t test, but want them to rush out buffs....
    Sorry, but I don't see that. Kabam announced they were going to do 3 buffs a month last year. That was something they put on themselves. This year, after they saw it was too much for them, they reduced it to 2 champs per month.

I'm not sure I see the relevance to my point. I'm talking about the claims that tune ups should be easy to rush out, so they could easily do one for January. When that's simply not true.
This discussion has been closed.