**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What makes Kingpin good?

baskinrobbinsknowsbaskinrobbinsknows Posts: 265 ★★★
edited December 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Hi all. So I need to rank up a 6 star to 3 otherwise I'll loose a T5 skill. Anyhow, its between Kingpin and Elsa and I'm not sure who to take up. I know what makes her good, but from what I've seen on YouTube videos, I'm not convinced he is great. His damage is good, but I have Cosmic Ghost Rider as my heavy hitter R3 6 star. My only other 6 star skill to rank 3 is Nick Fury.

Please tell me what makes Kingpin good because I don't see it from the few YouTube videos. I must be missing something, so please help out this lost soul.

THank you for your time everyone.
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    I have him r3 in my alt account. If I ever pull him in my main account, he is going to r3 too. Easy to play, shrug debuffs.
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Are you really saying that you find Elsa better than Kingpin?

I’m Done. I Quit.
  • Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
    KP just has a lot more going on than Elsa. Elsa shrugs non-damaging debuffs, KP shrugs them all w Hood. KP has constant regen if u run willpower. Unstoppable on heavy and sp2 for can’t stop won’t stop nodes. Long stun on his sp3, elsa sp3 is sorta weak. His sp1 defense has weakness and AAR, Elsa does incinerate or cold snap which is nice but not as nice as that degen.

I don’t think of KP as a damage dealer on par w CGR. He’s more super versatile utility champ. they complement each other well on a questing team
  • Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
    He’s literally a completely debuff immune (with
    Hood) tank that heals and does great damage. He also has some ability accuracy reduction and unstoppable that’s just icing on the cake.
  • baskinrobbinsknowsbaskinrobbinsknows Posts: 265 ★★★
    Rouger4 said:

He’s literally a completely debuff immune (with
    Hood) tank that heals and does great damage. He also has some ability accuracy reduction and unstoppable that’s just icing on the cake.

So I tested this out as other suggested, and not sure if I'm doing something wrong but he isn't 100% debuff immune. I'm fighting Winter Solider and there are many times where the stun or bleed debuffs are sticking around. And yes, I brought Hood along. I also failed to mention I have Angela sig 120 who is pretty much my debuff immune champion.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Is there any effective rotation for KP? SP2 and SP3 combination? Thanks.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    edited December 2021

Hi all. So I need to rank up a 6 star to 3 otherwise I'll loose a T5 skill. Anyhow, its between Kingpin and Elsa and I'm not sure who to take up. I know what makes her good, but from what I've seen on YouTube videos, I'm not convinced he is great. His damage is good, but I have Cosmic Ghost Rider as my heavy hitter R3 6 star. My only other 6 star skill to rank 3 is Nick Fury.

Please tell me what makes Kingpin good because I don't see it from the few YouTube videos. I must be missing something, so please help out this lost soul.

THank you for your time everyone.

It's the cane... He dazzles your opponent with the cane making them think he's about to a rendition of "Puttin' On the Ritz" then in a fit full of rage...Black ISO...

• Captain_MonticaCaptain_Montica Posts: 317 ★★
    His versatility is best part about him
    There are very few bad match ups with kingpin
    Plus solid utility and damage
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Is Kingpin worth ranking undupe?? To 6* R3
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,682 ★★★★
    What everyone else said, and on top of that: Chaining belly bump heavies against a defender pinned in the corner honestly makes me laugh. And he destroys them while he is doing it.

I’m playing him as much if not more than my R3 NF. He is that good.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,749 ★★★★★
    Just to clarify one thing since I've seen a few comments that are confused as to why some debuffs aren't shrugged off, even with Hood synergy. He can only shrug them off with a slight (0.5 seconds) cooldown in between. If you somehow get multiple debuffs in very, very quick succession, he'll miss some of them.
  • baskinrobbinsknowsbaskinrobbinsknows Posts: 265 ★★★
    Ercarret said:

Just to clarify one thing since I've seen a few comments that are confused as to why some debuffs aren't shrugged off, even with Hood synergy. He can only shrug them off with a slight (0.5 seconds) cooldown in between. If you somehow get multiple debuffs in very, very quick succession, he'll miss some of them.

That makes sense as to why I kept getting debuffs against winter solider. Thank you for this