**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

"2nd" tier power control champ - help on ranking based on gameplay experience

winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,733 ★★★★★
Well, I am still waiting for a reliable power-control champ. This discussion is to seek help on which other champs (if I managed to obtain any at all) could be used to manage opponent's power bar and especially against opponent buffed by Spite.

Firstly, leaving out the tried and trusted champs - Doctor Voodoo, Hawkeye, Magik, Vision (both). Also excluding Scarlet Witch, Star-Lord, Winter Soldier (random effect).

Next, as I don't have the champs, I am unsure whether the abilities (only parts that I think are relevant is stated) are accurately described. Thanks to correct them.

Also, do assist to include any other champ/(s) that I have missed.

Here is the list. Please assist to rank them based on practical gameplay experience.

1/ Civil Warrior
Attacks
special 2 - depletes up to 59% of the target's max power
special 3 - 100% chance to power drain, depleting up to 54% of the target’s max power. If the target is reduced to zero power from this attack, they also become power locked for 6 seconds.

2/ Doctor Octopus
Signature Ability
Physics - drain 100% of power gained and steal 5-10% of the power drained

Abilities
Breakthrough - applies a power lock debuff on the opponent which last 5 seconds.

3/ Dormammu
Attack
medium attack combo finisher - the target doesn't gain power from this hit
- depletes up to 7.5% of the target's max power
special 2 - 100% chance to power lock opponent for 5 seconds
- imbued: drain 15% of the target's max power per hit

4/ Green Goblin
Abilities
Bag of Tricks - drains 8% of the opponent's max power

Attacks
special 1 - afterburner; 40% chance to power drain
special 3 - pumpkin bomb; 40% chance to power drain, weakness, incinerate and poison

5/ Ghost Rider
Attacks
heavy attack - gain a life steal passive effect for 6.5 seconds, to steal 34.5% health with each attack
special 2 - 80% chance to drain 17% of opponent's power over 2 seconds
special 3 - power locked

6/ Howard the Duck
Attacks
special 2 - barrage of bullets with 30% chance to activate, with possible effect on heal block, power drain, poison, armor break, power lock, shock

7/ Nebula
Attacks
special 1 - inflicts Power Lock, severing the targets flow of power for 1 second per active shock debuff on the opponent
- inflicts Power Drain, depleting up to 3.5% of the target’s max power per shock debuff on the opponent

8/ Psylocke
Ability
Passive - gain 25% less power from striking your opponent
Psi-charges - your opponent does not gain power when struck if they have 0 power, and Psylocke has at least 1 Psi-Charge

Attack
special 1 - depletes up to 25% of the target's max power
special 2 - 100% chance to power lock your opponent for 6 seconds
special 3 - 100% chance to power lock your opponent for 10 seconds
- burns 20% of your target's power for each psi-charge consumed

9/ Punisher 2099
Signature Ability
Opponent hits max power meter - 50% of the battery is drained to drain 5% of the opponent's power and power lock them for 8 seconds

Attacks
special 3 - 50% of the battery is drained to disintegrate the opponent and reducing their power gain rate by 90%

10/ Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
Attacks
special 2 - against Tech and Skill, 60% chance to power drain the opponent, removing 28% of opponent's max power

11/ Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced)
Attacks
Heavy - an EMP webshot drains 45% of the opponent's power meter. 30 seconds cooldown.

12/ Vulture
Attacks
special 1 - 100% chance to apply a siphon charge debuff, which drains 25% of all power
special 2 - 100% chance to apply a thermal feedback debuff, which burns 25% of all power

13/ Yondu
Attacks
All attacks - generate 10% less power in the target for each debuff they suffer from, max -50%

TL;DR ? Please assist to rank them based on practical gameplay experience.
Many thanks.

Comments

• MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    Dormamu has excellent power control. I think he's underrated on attack.

GR isn't that great (at power control), but is still a kickass champ and a great choice to rank up because he does everything.

Psylocke has the potential for 100% power control, but it's really fiddly to get it set up right... especially against tougher AI. Low priority to rank up.

Stark spider is actually pretty tough to use effectively. Your close evade needs to be on point, but that heavy can save your butt if you catch a combo and they're close to 3 bars.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Dorm is a very solid go-to champ for power control.

Dorm you can Medium-Medium combo up to your SP2 and the Ai will never see a special the whole fight. Throw in a couple parry-heavy attacks and the damage just goes up. Plus his SP1 has nullify.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va9rFPqqioU
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Dorm and Psylocke are both good for consistency as far as Power Drain goes. To be honest, it's up to who you feel comfortable using the most. Power Control is all about repeatedly applying the Debuff. As long as you can build Power and stay alive to repeat the process, any Champ that can will do.
  • Beast can be considered, with his acrobat form, as well as GP and sp2 ennervate. I don't have dorm but I hear he can be almost as good as magik. Doc ock seems really fun
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,733 ★★★★★
    So, I just pulled Psylocke (my very first 4* champ with some form of power-control) and saw video of her able to restrict Maestro (Act 4) from any power gain for the whole fight. Wow!

Need to study more.
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    Beast can be considered, with his acrobat form, as well as GP and sp2 ennervate. I don't have dorm but I hear he can be almost as good as magik. Doc ock seems really fun

In terms of power control, I'd argue Dorm is better than magik and the best in the game. Magik needs to get to her SP2 to power lock and can maintain it for the entire fight. Dorm has to get to his sp2 also for his power lock.

The difference being that Dorm can just use medium attacks to get to that SP2, and by doing that Dorm doesn't charge any power to the enemy while getting to the sp2.

It's a minor difference, but if you're on a power gain node or something, Dorm is easier to get to the power lock by just sticking with medium attacks until his sp2 is charged.