**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What Katy Candy leaving means for the game

BomberManBomberMan Posts: 58
edited December 2021 in General Discussion
First Seatin took a big step back, then KT1 covered the anonymous “State of the game” forum post and now Katy is leaving for good. What does this mean for the game?

For me, what they are expressing regarding the redundancy and stagnant development of the game resonates.

Here are some often mentioned but never really addressed by Kabam:

1. AW is the least enjoyable part of the game. No progress has really been made here to either reduce the strain or burn out from this game mode. There are a lot of options here including making it bi monthly or reducing the overall amount of players to participate in the game mode so alliances could rotate people in and out depending on circumstances. When I previously played this game mode on at least two occasions I was faced with either violating TOS by asking someone to manage my account for a week or be kicked from the alliance so I could go on vacation. This situation should never happen but Kabam actually fosters this indirectly.

2. Masteries - come on already this should have been addressed by now. A few thing here first load outs need to be faster and should not have a cost. Second we should have new and interesting masteries by now. 3 we should have a few additional mastery points added. Simply add 10 more levels to the game and give us 1 master at level 65 and 70 each.

3. Nodes - Katy was 100% correct here. It’s like reading a bible each time a new set of nodes is released. I shouldn’t need to watch a YouTube tutorial to explain the complicated interactions in the descriptions each time new content is released. Streamline and simplify this and it will become more enjoyable for people to discover through game play. Right now content feels like homework. First I need to read the chapter and then complete the assignment. Isn’t this suppose to be fun? It’s a game right? Homework is not fun.

4. Cav EQ and recent side quests have been a bust - specifically I’m referring to the December 2021 Cav EQ. This was a huge fail. This was the first time I didn’t enjoy this content. I have a pretty deep roster but in some chapters I was faced with either bringing in lesser ranked champs or champs who didn’t fit the node combinations…. Why? Because I don’t have #avengers ranked up and they are the only option. Keep the concept of tags for variants which is permanent content and players can grow into and leave Cav EQ as class specific since most of the community playing that level made rank up decisions based on content needs. Changing the rules of the game in the 4th quarter is not fair, just, or enjoyable.

That’s I’ll I have. I just wanted to voice my concern. Feedback is welcome and appreciated!

Bomber of MCOC
7 year vet
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,157 ★★★★
    On point 3, didnt kabam mention making things simpler in their dev diaries or am I mistaken?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    SandeepS said:

On point 3, didnt kabam mention making things simpler in their dev diaries or am I mistaken?

If they did it doesn’t seem to have stuck. Just looking at 7.4 beta you can see the nodes are similar reading lengths
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    But honestly, with more multi node interactions, I don’t see how the explanation can be shorter without being overly vague.

• Destroy4589Destroy4589 Posts: 261 ★★★
    Still don't even get the whole point of paradoxes in 7.3. Most of the time you were just better off ignoring it altogether. Opened 7.4 beta to see what new thing they were doing and saw they were doubling down on paradoxes. Immediately closed the beta.
  • BigBusterBigBuster Posts: 290 ★★★

Still don't even get the whole point of paradoxes in 7.3. Most of the time you were just better off ignoring it altogether. Opened 7.4 beta to see what new thing they were doing and saw they were doubling down on paradoxes. Immediately closed the beta.

Exactly this. I'm in the progress of exploring 7.3 and all the paradox paths just have contradicting nodes. You get marginal benefits for gaining paradoxes along with a laundry list of restrictions and penalties that make it too much of an inconvenience to actually follow the rules. This seems to be a pattern with a lot of node combinations lately. Give some "benefits" to the attacker but add way too many conditions on those benefits that you just want to ignore the intended gameplay. I've just started to quake most lanes.
  • Chrisco66Chrisco66 Posts: 66
    Cav eq better be fixed next month or I’ll be like Katy & gone.
  • BomberManBomberMan Posts: 58
    SandeepS said:

They did commit to this but did not deliver. 7.3 was sited as an example. In my opinion this months Cav EQ was the same way. I ignored the #avengers and just brought my best champs because it wasn’t worth the benefit for the level champs I had ranked with that tag.

• BomberManBomberMan Posts: 58
    I hope this post doesn’t simply turn into just a vent session but instead sparks solid feedback and meaningful discussion that fosters action by Kabam.