**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

CAV DIFFICULTY

Lawrenceo96Lawrenceo96 Posts: 59
edited December 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Listen not everyone is lagacy, seatin, brian grant or lord shaedow, some of us aren’t even big spenders with huge roster we make it by with what we have and by planning but kabam seems to think that catering to the high end spenders making their accounts jacked up and find out later on when they say ohweee I’m bored all content is easy speaks for the whole community when everything they have is bought and we oliver twist players keep asking please sir kabam stop raising the difficulty unreasonably and can i have some more doable EQ content, i mean katy candy literally left the game and this was one of the reasons. I really don’t get the logic the cav events was hard for the majority of the year you made it easier towards the last 4 months then at the last minute of the year you did a full 270 degrees backwards testing new mechanics……… to what it was before but way harder i mean come on man. And now with the emergence of new full rosters of R4 champs you’re not going to be catering to the people who don’t have those accounts but yet again listening to the people who are bored.
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• Options
    I completed cavalier monthly 100% without using any units. I don't think it is much more difficult than in the past, just requires different champs. In a few months, when you rank up the required champs it will be the same.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I largely ignored the champs that got the bonus and had no issues 100%ing the Cav level. Diablo was a beast for the whole thing.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Remember to breath, buddy.
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    I ignored all the tags, scouted paths and picked the best champs I have to complete it.

Thank you Nick Fury.
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★

Listen not everyone is lagacy, seatin, brian grant or lord shaedow, some of us aren’t even big spenders with huge roster

I'm neither of these guys nor a big spender or super skilled player, but still managed to 100% it.

It's different and just keep trying until you find a champ / solution to passing the content.

• Options
    Jaymix79 said:

Not sure I have ever seen someone say a ‘full 270 degrees backwards’.

Loool

• Options

I completed cavalier monthly 100% without using any units. I don't think it is much more difficult than in the past, just requires different champs. In a few months, when you rank up the required champs it will be the same.

I know it’s different based on my experience due to me not using units either on a previous eq for the knull, but within 30 days at least to rank up useable champs not that many resources my g
  • Options

Remember to breath, buddy.

Loool
  • Options

Easiest cav eq for a few months

Cappp
  • Options

I ignored all the tags, scouted paths and picked the best champs I have to complete it.

Thank you Nick Fury.

I hear that on nick

• Options

Listen not everyone is lagacy, seatin, brian grant or lord shaedow, some of us aren’t even big spenders with huge roster

I'm neither of these guys nor a big spender or super skilled player, but still managed to 100% it.

It's different and just keep trying until you find a champ / solution to passing the content.

I hear you man the way i play is by saving units for two things atm story and abyss i can’t be chucking units at eq and I literally just did 7.2.6, and 7.3 yesterday, saving for completion when 7.4 comes then explore hopefully if it doesn’t rinse me out
    ay

• Options
    11993451199345 Posts: 370 ★★★
    Cav eq is rough, but it'll most likely level out...
  • Options
    Adamb208Adamb208 Posts: 152
    You might get more out of this post if you tell people which specific part of Cav EQ you are having difficulty with. We can make specific recommendations that might get you through. For instance, if you are struggling with 3.1, the combo of apoc and domino was all I needed to get through every path easily.
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,456 ★★★★
    Was annoying at first then it started to become pretty straight forward
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,022 ★★★★★
    This month isn't hard, just super annoying if you want to take advantage of the nodes.

There's never been a Cav difficulty that's been difficult.
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★

Listen not everyone is lagacy, seatin, brian grant or lord shaedow, some of us aren’t even big spenders with huge roster we make it by with what we have and by planning but kabam seems to think that catering to the high end spenders making their accounts jacked up and find out later on when they say ohweee I’m bored all content is easy speaks for the whole community when everything they have is bought and we oliver twist players keep asking please sir kabam stop raising the difficulty unreasonably and can i have some more doable EQ content, i mean katy candy literally left the game and this was one of the reasons. I really don’t get the logic the cav events was hard for the majority of the year you made it easier towards the last 4 months then at the last minute of the year you did a full 270 degrees backwards testing new mechanics……… to what it was before but way harder i mean come on man. And now with the emergence of new full rosters of R4 champs you’re not going to be catering to the people who don’t have those accounts but yet again listening to the people who are bored.

Well I look at this way now.

Meh, is the frustration worth it or not.

Typically it's not, so I just don't do it.

I used to worry about keeping up, now I don't and just went to a relaxed alliance that keeping up doesn't matter.

• Options

Well I look at this way now.

Meh, is the frustration worth it or not.

Typically it's not, so I just don't do it.

I used to worry about keeping up, now I don't and just went to a relaxed alliance that keeping up doesn't matter.

I feel you man

• Options
    BigBusterBigBuster Posts: 290 ★★★

This month isn't hard, just super annoying if you want to take advantage of the nodes.

for you. Not everyone has the same opinion as you (clearly op doesn't). Your opinion isn't fact.
  • Options
    NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
    I usually do at least completion. But this month I’m not even doing a single path. And I’m not ranking anything for Cav Eq. They’ll just change the nodes again.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,017 ★★★★★
    I have very little patience for people who just want to complain about the content without substance. Just saying “this is hard and I don’t like it” isn’t helpful.

Why is it hard? Is it the nodes? The champions on the path? Are you playing after a few too many adult beverages? All of these things contribute to the difficulty of a fight.

But if you say “I am having trouble with X fight on Y path” or “I don’t know who to bring for Z quest,” you will get so much help from this community. People will be tripping over themselves to help you figure out how you can use your current roster to accomplish the tasks.

I made a post about theorycrafting teams for the Grandmaster’s Gauntlet and I had to change my notification settings on the forums because of how many people were pitching in to solve the problems. Ask for help, and you will get it. Complain without details, and somebody may ask you whether you’ve finished up BOFA yet.
  • Options
    I’m a decent throne breaker and didn’t finish cav eq beyond 3.1 the node combinations were ridiculous IMO.
  • Options
    Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★
    My main issue is if I wanted to read novels I would spend my money on books!
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,017 ★★★★★

I’m a decent throne breaker and didn’t finish cav eq beyond 3.1 the node combinations were ridiculous IMO.

What’s your roster look like? For that quest I ignored the crossfight buff and Hood was my MVP. Once you got rid of the unstoppable once, the timer went away completely and every fight became very doable.
  • Options
    BigBuster said:

for you. Not everyone has the same opinion as you (clearly op doesn't). Your opinion isn't fact.
    People coming here to complain about content solely instead of showing rosters and asking for help don't fair well on these forums. If OP wants to complain, they should be asking for help. 99.99% it's a player who just doesn't understand the content or is Ill prepared
  • Options
    Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★

BigBuster said:

People coming here to complain about content solely instead of showing rosters and asking for help don't fair well on these forums. If OP wants to complain, they should be asking for help. 99.99% it's a player who just doesn't understand the content or is Ill prepared
    I disagree. For something with such poor rewards that is considered cavalier difficulty it should not be very difficult for average cavalier players to do with an average cavalier roster. You really shouldn’t have to ask for help. I complain about cavalier EQ because it is not fun. I shouldn’t have to read novels for monthly Content nodes. Permanent Contant should be more difficult you should maybe have to study a little watch some videos expect to read. But for something that is considered cavalier and is only a monthly event with poor rewards at best it shouldn’t take so much reading effort and research for your average cavalier player.

• Options
    Skydad23 said:

BigBuster said:

I disagree. For something with such poor rewards that is considered cavalier difficulty it should not be very difficult for average cavalier players to do with an average cavalier roster. You really shouldn’t have to ask for help. I complain about cavalier EQ because it is not fun. I shouldn’t have to read novels for monthly Content nodes. Permanent Contant should be more difficult you should maybe have to study a little watch some videos expect to read. But for something that is considered cavalier and is only a monthly event with poor rewards at best it shouldn’t take so much reading effort and research for your average cavalier player.

The rewards are fine for the difficulty.

I've never been a fan of Cav difficulty in the terms of how the nodes were done. I didn't like the class ones and I hate the tags one. Fortunately, the tags version allows for pretty much anyone to be used.

This difficulty wasnt meant for new Cavs or anyone who blazed through content and got Cav and have severely underdeveloped rosters. That's why I say to show their roster before even complaining because for some, they just aren't ready.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Skydad23 said:

BigBuster said:

That's never how it has worked. The highest difficulty is always on a sliding scale with current game progression. When Uncollected was the highest difficulty, people complained because they thought that becoming uncollected meant they should easily 100%. It wasn't true then, and it isn't now. "Average" Cavalier players should be able to complete it, and should find 100% to be challenging. Higher cavalier players will find it to be relatively easy. As far as having to read novels, I mostly ignore the nodes unless I have a problem completing a run.