Buying Characters Directly

2»

Comments

• CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Guest, Member Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    Kaboom wrote: »
    i agree. but limited to 1 champ per user to prevent changes to this game fundamental, structure and design.

e.g
    lets make it like this, GR are only available the 1st week of november each year. for those who are interested can buy him that time. 2nd week of november is SW, for those who already buy GR cant buy others champs. with terms 1 users 1 champ for life

I'd be fine with a limit, but it needs to be larger than 1 and it shouldn't be indefinite. Maybe you get one every 2 months. That way, new champs that are released can be purchased later on. I love Ghost Rider and all, but if Doctor Doom came out and I'd already used my one purchase on Ghost Rider, I'd be ready to kill someone lol.
  • KaboomKaboom Member Posts: 16
    Fel_95 wrote: »
    Really bad idea. Already came out a couple of times in the past and it was always ditched by both kabam and playerbase. Seems unfair towards older players and favor the spenders even more.

You can get champions directly through the arena, where skill, time and patience rewards you. Far better than just buy said champion directly.

in the arena , spenders can unlock masteries by buying stone,carbonadium to improve their skills, to save time and short cut to high cut off. still not fair for the older players esp the one in low level alliance. hard for them to improve
    Kaboom wrote: »
    Fel_95 wrote: »
    Really bad idea. Already came out a couple of times in the past and it was always ditched by both kabam and playerbase. Seems unfair towards older players and favor the spenders even more.

You can get champions directly through the arena, where skill, time and patience rewards you. Far better than just buy said champion directly.

in the arena , spenders can unlock masteries by buying stone,carbonadium to improve their skills, to save time and short cut to high cut off. still not fair for the older players esp the one in low level alliance. hard for them to improve

Exactly. Spenders are favored slightly in every aspect of the game. It's not going to get too much worse with this.
  • _solidsnake_solidsnake Member Posts: 133
    I don't have an issue with this honestly. It would need to be significantly higher than 20k shards for a 4* hero though. Not something I would ever do. If you save up say 40k shards just to get GR chances are you would have gotten him if you would have opened 20 hero crystals. Not to mention that you would be severely halting your progress in the game.
  • 0_hood_00_hood_0 Member Posts: 16
    Also kabam can you also give this guy named Horney a 5* thanos and world peace?
    I don't have an issue with this honestly. It would need to be significantly higher than 20k shards for a 4* hero though. Not something I would ever do. If you save up say 40k shards just to get GR chances are you would have gotten him if you would have opened 20 hero crystals. Not to mention that you would be severely halting your progress in the game.

That's the point. Logically, it would harm you more than help you. If people are willing to make their account not as good to have some real fun, they should go for it. The whole point of games is to have fun, right? This feature would help that. And no, I wouldn't get GR from 20 crystals, I've tried before. For some reason, certain accounts just fail to yield certain things from crystals. It makes no sense statistically, but it just happens.
    0_hood_0 wrote: »
    Also kabam can you also give this guy named Horney a 5* thanos and world peace?

Go away. This is compelety unrelated for the second time. You're not gonna get a 5 star that isn't even available yet just because you ask for it, especially if you ask for it in a place completely unrelated to what you're asking for. Leave the thread now. I don't like my threads being hijacked by people who don't know what they're talking about.
  • XMEN1994XMEN1994 Member Posts: 51
    XMEN1994 wrote: »
    When i first started playing, i thought that i could buy characters. I was so disappointed to find out that you get characters randomly. Game basically forced me to use characters i dont even like or care about. My first 4 star pull turned out to be none other than Red Hulk, i died a little bit inside. Fast forward to endless arena grinding to get 3 star champions. Made me walk away from MCOC ( a stupid decision on my part ). Lost many months of progress.

Fast forward a couple of months, and i find Transformers Forged to Fight on play store. The game mechanics were similar. Soon i was back to playing Contest of Champions. I have not played Transformers ever since that day.

So once upon a time, i would have agreed with your idea. Believe me i understand how you feel, i felt the same, back then.

If Kabam did this, let's say if they did, it would be a big slap in the face to everyone who worked hard to build their roster. All that time spent grinding arena's would be for nothing. If you want specific champions, you got to work hard to get them. I didn't get it back then, but now i do.

I've worked hard to build my roster as well, but let's be honest, no one ever has ALL the characters they really want. With how high the price is, it wouldn't make it worth it to anyone who didn't already have a very large roster. Yes, it may lead some of us veterans to regret the work we put in, but that can NEVER be a factor, here's why:
    When crystal shards came out, 4 stars were much easier to access. This was extremely unfair to those of us who'd had the game for a long time. New players were getting 4 stars faster than we had gotten 3 stars. Now, crystal shards was a great idea, but it definitely did make me and others angry at how easy things were after we'd already worked so hard. Kabam obviously isn't factoring how is veterans "feel" about things, which may or may not be good, I'm not sure myself, so that can't stop them here. Do you get what I'm saying?

I do get what you are saying, but that does not mean i like the idea.

I have said what i wanted to say, and im not going to go back and forth arguing with you.
    When i first started playing, i thought that i could buy characters. I was so disappointed to find out that you get characters randomly. Game basically forced me to use characters i dont even like or care about. My first 4 star pull turned out to be none other than Red Hulk, i died a little bit inside. Fast forward to endless arena grinding to get 3 star champions. Made me walk away from MCOC ( a stupid decision on my part ). Lost many months of progress.

Fast forward a couple of months, and i find Transformers Forged to Fight on play store. The game mechanics were similar. Soon i was back to playing Contest of Champions. I have not played Transformers ever since that day.

So once upon a time, i would have agreed with your idea. Believe me i understand how you feel, i felt the same, back then.

If Kabam did this, let's say if they did, it would be a big slap in the face to everyone who worked hard to build their roster. All that time spent grinding arena's would be for nothing. If you want specific champions, you got to work hard to get them. I didn't get it back then, but now i do.

I've worked hard to build my roster as well, but let's be honest, no one ever has ALL the characters they really want. With how high the price is, it wouldn't make it worth it to anyone who didn't already have a very large roster. Yes, it may lead some of us veterans to regret the work we put in, but that can NEVER be a factor, here's why:
    When crystal shards came out, 4 stars were much easier to access. This was extremely unfair to those of us who'd had the game for a long time. New players were getting 4 stars faster than we had gotten 3 stars. Now, crystal shards was a great idea, but it definitely did make me and others angry at how easy things were after we'd already worked so hard. Kabam obviously isn't factoring how is veterans "feel" about things, which may or may not be good, I'm not sure myself, so that can't stop them here. Do you get what I'm saying?

I do get what you are saying, but that does not mean i like the idea.

I have said what i wanted to say, and im not going to go back and forth arguing with you.

I respect that. Honestly, I need to work on doing this more. I wish there were more people who would stop saying their point over and over again. If you don't have something new to say, don't say it again. Thanks.
    Does anyone else like this idea or disagree with me? I'm open to comments.
  • Hort4Hort4 Member Posts: 503 ★★★
    What if they had crystals for a month and that in each week, you could buy a crystal of the element or class. Like first week, only tech, then mutant and so on.

What do you mean? My point is that, at a point, it's not fun trying to randomly pull a character anymore. I still don't have a Ghost Rider. I don't have a Captain Marvel. I don't have many characters. I want Ghost Rider badly. I don't care what it takes. If someone wants a character badly enough to spend ten times the normal amount to get them, then they should be allowed to.

Ghost Rider was just in the Basic Arena. With Basic arenas now, it is not that difficult to get a good roster. Did you get GR during the Arena event?
    edited May 2017
    Hort4 wrote: »
    What if they had crystals for a month and that in each week, you could buy a crystal of the element or class. Like first week, only tech, then mutant and so on.

What do you mean? My point is that, at a point, it's not fun trying to randomly pull a character anymore. I still don't have a Ghost Rider. I don't have a Captain Marvel. I don't have many characters. I want Ghost Rider badly. I don't care what it takes. If someone wants a character badly enough to spend ten times the normal amount to get them, then they should be allowed to.

Ghost Rider was just in the Basic Arena. With Basic arenas now, it is not that difficult to get a good roster. Did you get GR during the Arena event?

No. I am not to the level where I can effectively compete in 4 star arenas yet. Not enough 4 stars + Not a fat enough wallet + Not enough time = No arena for me.
  • RydertheblackRydertheblack Member Posts: 296
    Since the game has been running for a couple of years, they could sell the very first ones... and get us an offer from time to time for the newer champs... or rare champs.

By the way, I would love to see Deadpool 4* on a sale :) I would buy it :)
    Since the game has been running for a couple of years, they could sell the very first ones... and get us an offer from time to time for the newer champs... or rare champs.

By the way, I would love to see Deadpool 4* on a sale :) I would buy it :)

Yes, this is what I mean. They slowly release champs to the PHC, and they could do so here. Set a few champs for sale and slowly release more.
  • SonicEmpireSonicEmpire Member Posts: 83
    I can see where this idea comes from but in my opinion I think this option would be game breaking. and this is coming from a $$ spender. If it was available I would do it but it might take a lot of the achievements out of the game (and disappointment which makes achievements so great) and a large number of older end game players who support the game heavily might turn their backs.
  • Apocalypse_810Apocalypse_810 Member Posts: 107
    Yeah, they should have it like injustice. If you want a certain character, save up until you can afford it. The better the champ, the more expensive it should be. And not some impossible price like with 360k loyalty for unstoppable juggernaut when you can only get 1k loyalty per day lol
  • Captain_HeroCaptain_Hero Member Posts: 93
    I like the idea of using more shards to get the champs you want but I disagree with not including 5*s - they require the most amount of work. I saved 75,000 shards for 5 chances at Dr Voodoo and did not get him. That killed me. Why not have a specific 5* cost 75,000 shards? Or even 90,000. The game wanted $500 to get 15,000 shards - so that means that 75,000 shards is worth $2,500 and 90,000 is worth $3,000. I think the effort required to save that many shards should guarantee the 5* you want.
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Member Posts: 267 ★★
    .... I just think that, approximately 3 months after a character enter the Premium Hero Crystal, you should be able to buy them directly. 20,000 4 star shards for a 4 star, 10,000 3 star shards for a 3 star, and 1,000 premium shards for a 2 star (5 stars shouldn't be included since they are the top tier of champ, 1 stars are the lowest tier). If this was implemented, it would earn Kabam fans and the $$$ that all companies are after. People would either grind harder or buy more Daily Cards to get the characters they truly want, like I would for Ghost Rider. This solution would definitely benefit both the players and Kabam. What do you think?
    -CrusherOfDreams

Injustice 2 allows you to buy some characters out right for like $60. I have a 4-star Wonder Woman. But for the most part you have to accumulate shards from quests to get the hero and upgrade them.

Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes would, after a few months, allow specific hero shards to be farmed after being made available from events.

So variations of this idea is already used in other games.

The difference is that in those games, acquiring the hero isn't the most difficult or most time consuming part of the game. In those games, upgrading the heroes take the bulk of your time.

MCOC is the opposite. The bulk of your time is used to acquire heroes, not upgrading them. This changes when you try to get rank 4/40 and above on 4-stars for upper tier players because you need specific cats but otherwise, getting the hero takes the most of your time.

So if MCOC allows specific heroes to be purchased, then it would transform players instantly into "upper tier players" looking to rank 4/40 and up their rosters. They would be 1%ers if they only focused on "god-tier" heroes.

But anyway, purchasing specific heroes using shards was already suggested a long time ago. Dr. Strange, if I recall, was used as the example instead of Ghost Rider. I don't remember what hero I used but I believe it was Dr. Strange.
    .... I just think that, approximately 3 months after a character enter the Premium Hero Crystal, you should be able to buy them directly. 20,000 4 star shards for a 4 star, 10,000 3 star shards for a 3 star, and 1,000 premium shards for a 2 star (5 stars shouldn't be included since they are the top tier of champ, 1 stars are the lowest tier). If this was implemented, it would earn Kabam fans and the $$$ that all companies are after. People would either grind harder or buy more Daily Cards to get the characters they truly want, like I would for Ghost Rider. This solution would definitely benefit both the players and Kabam. What do you think?
    -CrusherOfDreams

Injustice 2 allows you to buy some characters out right for like $60. I have a 4-star Wonder Woman. But for the most part you have to accumulate shards from quests to get the hero and upgrade them.

Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes would, after a few months, allow specific hero shards to be farmed after being made available from events.

So variations of this idea is already used in other games.

The difference is that in those games, acquiring the hero isn't the most difficult or most time consuming part of the game. In those games, upgrading the heroes take the bulk of your time.

MCOC is the opposite. The bulk of your time is used to acquire heroes, not upgrading them. This changes when you try to get rank 4/40 and above on 4-stars for upper tier players because you need specific cats but otherwise, getting the hero takes the most of your time.

So if MCOC allows specific heroes to be purchased, then it would transform players instantly into "upper tier players" looking to rank 4/40 and up their rosters. They would be 1%ers if they only focused on "god-tier" heroes.

But anyway, purchasing specific heroes using shards was already suggested a long time ago. Dr. Strange, if I recall, was used as the example instead of Ghost Rider. I don't remember what hero I used but I believe it was Dr. Strange.

I'm saying that it should be the bulk of your time. It would take 10 times longer to buy a specific character than usual, and I'd be fine if Kabam made it more than that. And no, people wouldn't load up the best players, because no one can agree on the best players. Honestly, I think Wolvy is the best, and that's a very unpopular opinion. Some think Magik, some say Star Lord, some say Scarlet Witch, and I've seen a few say Gambit, so not everyone always agrees on the best few.
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Member Posts: 646 ★★
    edited June 2017
    I could suggest shards should be more available.
    In this case, the gamble stay but the chances to gamble are raised up then nobody will complaint, because they'll be in the game, nobody care if they lose the lottery if they have more tickets.

It make sense too, because the game is moving up to 5*; i.e,
    - 4* are becoming the poor men,
    - eventually people should start building a whole new roster chasing 5* and they need rarer shards, 5x more shards and 2x to dupe (no mention to catas). It could (and will) become a frustrating irealist wall for the most, it could be the beginning of the end of mcoc, because nobody will be watching themself playing decades trying build a roster.

If changes in 5* availability is so polemic, at least think about the 4*.
  • I really like the idea... cuz like I've played this game for maybe a year-ish off/on and my favorite character in the marvel universe is nightcrawler... however I don't have him and I feel like if there was some way I knew I could earn him eventually it would keep me playing the game! Even if it was something pretty expensive the thought that I know I could for sure get him would be nice, because like right now I have no clue I mean honestly I could play this game for the next ten years and never get nightcrawler lol
  • ... oh and then my brother gets a 4 star nightcrawler followed by a 3 star so I understand the frustration
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Member Posts: 1,533 ★★★★
    OP is gone, why is this dead topic still here? Why am I commenting, therefore keeping it alive?!? Why is the next guy going to add to the never-ending silliness?!?!