Dev Diary

gash228gash228 Member Posts: 112
So, apparently Dec Diary that Kabam HAS promised last month is not coming any time soon. Kabam can try to deny it but the promise has been made, it's a fact.
I guess it's basically a rule by now; Kabam lies.

Comments

• Shock29Shock29 Member Posts: 571 ★★★
    edited January 2022
    I don’t think they ever promised a Dev Diary last month
  • gash228gash228 Member Posts: 112
    Shock29 said:

I couldn't find the post itself, but here's a screenshot of it from Rich's video.

edited January 2022
    gash228 said:

Shock29 said:

I couldn't find the post itself, but here's a screenshot of it from Rich's video.

Alright, let me rephrase; they didn't promise a Dev Diary in particular, however they did promise some information. More than two months have passed, nothing has been given.

Still a lie.
    edited January 2022
    gash228 said:

gash228 said:

Shock29 said:

Alright, let me rephrase; they didn't promise a Dev Diary in particular, however they did promise some information. More than two months have passed, nothing has been given.

Still a lie.
    They did give a small update. Kabam Miike said something recently in a post.
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Member Posts: 1,131 ★★★★★
    Shock29 said:

gash228 said:

gash228 said:

Shock29 said:

Still a lie.
    Yeah he said it wasn’t supposed to be a dev diary but that information on relics and solo competitive mode would be “coming pretty soon”

Just don’t talk about their communication or they’ll come for your head…
    edited January 2022
    Here’s the link:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/2020055#Comment_2020055
    Edit: it went to a specific comment farther down. Read the whole post
    OGAvenger said:

Shock29 said:

gash228 said:

gash228 said:

Shock29 said:

Still a lie.
    Yeah he said it wasn’t supposed to be a dev diary but that information on relics and solo competitive mode would be “coming pretty soon”

Just don’t talk about their communication or they’ll come for your head…
    Shock29 said:

gash228 said:

gash228 said:

Shock29 said:

Still a lie.
    Whatever happened to that communication commitment from 1.5 years ago?
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,327 ★★★★★
    People love to accuse others of lying without stopping to think “maybe they were just wrong.”

Like, at the time of the post in that screenshot, Miike could have had every intention of following up with more information in the following month. After which point, circumstances changed and he found that he did not have enough information on hand to provide a meaningful update. He did not tell a lie, he was just wrong. It happens to everybody.

Now, if you want to take the stance of “I wish we had gotten an update, even if it were tiny,” or “I would like to have been alerted about the lack of information,” those are more reasonable positions to take. Maybe not realistic, but more reasonable. But jumping to the conclusion that Kabam is operating in bad faith based solely on that screenshot is deeply silly and it would take a deeply silly person to sincerely do so.
  • Camby01Camby01 Member Posts: 572 ★★
    If that was the case, were I Miike, I would've posted something along the line of, "hey guys, sorry there won't be a dev diary update. A lot of moving parts, we are absolutely planning on continuing them, give us a bit of time. I'll provide an updated timeline shortly when I have more information."

At that point it's sorted, punt it for a month, out a calendar reminder, check back in with devs in 3 weeks, post a week later. Not rocket science.
  • Camby01Camby01 Member Posts: 572 ★★
    *put a calendar reminder....