**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do Kabam Devs play the game?

FabwiziFabwizi Posts: 1,168 ★★★★
edited January 2022 in General Discussion
Buff programm is delayed/halted/stopped.

Reasoning they will bring in some pointing system gimmick, I remember when buff programm started there were lot of stats thrown around so you have the stats people who play the game can tell you in a heart beat which Champs need/deserve a buff.

We as community always asked certain fan favorites to be buffed like OG avengers, Strange etc but instead obscure Champs were buffed.

If you played the game you would know which Champs need buff no fancy gimmicky system needed.

This is really disappointing from kabam, especially considering Jan was such a dry month.

More so you waited so long to communicate this which is even more saddening.

It more and more feels like dev are oblivios to the game.
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Fabwizi said:

Also poor communication from kabam to tell so late in the month no buffs in Feb and they are slowing the most anticipated thing each month.

I guess I also need to slow down on playing the game and investing in it...lol

I read the post, I didn't see anywhere in there where they said there wasn't going to be any buffs or whatnot in feb. They gave examples of how the program would work using March. So show me where they said no buffs for Feb.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    I am very likely to be corrected.

The champs to be buffed is decided by (I read) data collected. And data collected will tell a lot of stuff but not all.

From those data, a list of champs is curated and then add in, road map, there is always one (whether shared with the community is a different matter), tie-ins with commercial activities, maybe talk to Marvel etc etc.

And then finally a decision made.
    Voila ... sometimes community shouts yes yes, other times .. why they don't buff these champs.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022
    Fabwizi said:

Fabwizi said:

Also poor communication from kabam to tell so late in the month no buffs in Feb and they are slowing the most anticipated thing each month.

I guess I also need to slow down on playing the game and investing in it...lol

I read the post, I didn't see anywhere in there where they said there wasn't going to be any buffs or whatnot in feb. They gave examples of how the program would work using March. So show me where they said no buffs for Feb.
    They have categorically mentioned no planned buffs for Feb.
    They're doing a value update for pycho man in march. Regardless, this is the normal time where we start to hear about stuff planned for the next month. People been asking for a "roadmap" or news of anything, now your complaint is that it's "too close to feb". Does it really matter? You'd be upset if they announced it at the beginning because of the other reasons you listed in the post. If it's not one thing, it's another and then you throw in the good 'ol "im gonna quit or stop spending blah blah blah" like it's going to change anything because it won't.

You call it lazy but how is it lazy?
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    If you look at this post, I have a 5-Star R2 Groot in Arena. The more I play using this champ, his 'play time' :D goes a little up. But obviously this other Summoner probably (I don't know) don't use the champ at all.

So, if the game team takes an interest to put this Groot on the buff program (which many many many don't use), and the buff is not pushing him above Magneto, who is going to use Groot?

So, it is a lose lose for Groot. Buff, not many interested, Don't buff, many wants it but not willing to rank the champ.
  • gp87gp87 Posts: 325 ★★★
    I just read 10 paragraphs and I understand one thing:
    One more month kabam failed to deliver.
    After a “only gifting event” December , to “i dont really need to log in” january, we are heading to one more month with no champ buffs (the only think that have some fun for the last 6 months - except only summer of pain) and with the promise that march we will see everything:
    Buffs, metric system, parry/dext issue solves, and new aw tactics/ carina vol2 etc etc.
    But the truth is one: game has 4 events the year, first is black friday, 2nd is 4th of july, 3rd is gifting event and 4th is Deadpools clean spring. You can stop the game and just purchase those things and be top place.
    I really love to play that game , i spend so much money-effort- love, but i see unfortunately a mroc ending here if they continue that way.
  • blitzzzblitzzz Posts: 57
    oh my god ! i can't wait for value update for psycho man after 2 months without any buffs , i can't wait for kabam to increase his fury cap to 3 and say that's it folks
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 936 ★★★★★
    This is in the aftermath of the 12.0 debacle but illustrates the people making the game don’t know how to play it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cI5tADjtddg

It’s honestly laughable and why we get champions who are out of kilter with there intended abilities. Kabam don’t know how to play the game! When they did the original nerf program a few years ago, every decent YouTuber was able to say when champs were OP broken in 5 minutes of playing with them. They can look at the champions kit and anticipate how they interact with different nodes in different content.

I have no Trust in anything Kabam does.
This discussion has been closed.