**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Stand Your Ground Broken?

Comments

• Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

So you guys are saying, using double/multiple hit heavies in a war was never safe?
    We are yet to see an evidence of second hit getting resisted after first hit connects.

HT, Capiw, Mr.N, Rulk, Shulk
    aegon, NF, Elsa, falcon, stealth
    Apoc, AA, Domino, havok, OR, Sunspot
    Ghost, Nebula, Peni, Vision
    Angela, Corvus, Herc, Hype, Medusa, VP
    Diablo, Tigra.
    These are some of the Top attackers with multiple hit heavies. What some of you are saying will make them obsolete if a defender can resist connected heavies.
    So if defence is running 5/5 SYG, does that means the defender have 50% chance to resist mid multiple hit heavy?
    No it doesn't.

Can think of it similar to Evade (see Corvus against Spider-Man, hoping all 3 hits of Corvus Heavy get thru and not have either the 2nd or 3rd evaded even though 1st strike landed).

Just because someone is hit once doesn’t mean that they can’t get ready to do something other than continuing to get hit automatically from all the rest of them.

Auto-block and evade are unique abilities.
    Medusa autoblocks while being stunned does she had time to recover? It's an ability. An auto-evade can happen anytime, just not under stun effects or mid special.

Edit.
    [Side note: I faced this some months ago, Just like OP posted, Rocket Racoon's Heavy hit box is also bugged. I came out of his heavy after first hit connected. here's a link to a comment I made https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1951428/#Comment_1951428 ]
    If the first hit is a block attempt it registers as the subsequent hits as still having block applied from what

Nahh.
    When first hit connects, opponent is no longer blocking.
    Says you? Bc that's obviously not how it's been working forever
    Says you? If it's bugged forever doesn't means it should work forever.
    Where does it say that once the block is broken you can't block again?
    Where does it says once block is broken you can block again?
    Have you never played the game before? I've been hit with a heavy on my block plenty of times but that never stopped me from holding the block in future .

The only problem you have is whether the time between multi hit specials is enough for you to block after getting hit by the first hit of the heavy. The simple answer is yes. Since that's what is in the game. You can do it. I can do it it's not an issue.

It's just that since the only time it ever comes into play is during alliance War and especially with SYG, you never thought it worked that way.
  • Options
    KurtxzKurtxz Posts: 28
    I would post the video, because I recorded the fight, but I don't know how to post it.
    That way you can definitely see that this is not supposed to happend!
  • Options
    Graves_3 said:

So you guys are saying, using double/multiple hit heavies in a war was never safe?
    We are yet to see an evidence of second hit getting resisted after first hit connects.

Diablo, Tigra.
    These are some of the Top attackers with multiple hit heavies. What some of you are saying will make them obsolete if a defender can resist connected heavies.
    So if defence is running 5/5 SYG, does that means the defender have 50% chance to resist mid multiple hit heavy?
    No it doesn't.

Can think of it similar to Evade (see Corvus against Spider-Man, hoping all 3 hits of Corvus Heavy get thru and not have either the 2nd or 3rd evaded even though 1st strike landed).

Just because someone is hit once doesn’t mean that they can’t get ready to do something other than continuing to get hit automatically from all the rest of them.

Medusa autoblocks while being stunned does she had time to recover? It's an ability. An auto-evade can happen anytime, just not under stun effects or mid special.

Edit.
    [Side note: I faced this some months ago, Just like OP posted, Rocket Racoon's Heavy hit box is also bugged. I came out of his heavy after first hit connected. here's a link to a comment I made https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1951428/#Comment_1951428 ]
    If the first hit is a block attempt it registers as the subsequent hits as still having block applied from what

Nahh.
    Have you never played the game before? I've been hit with a heavy on my block plenty of times but that never stopped me from holding the block in future .

The only problem you have is whether the time between multi hit specials is enough for you to block after getting hit by the first hit of the heavy. The simple answer is yes. Since that's what is in the game. You can do it. I can do it it's not an issue.

It's just that since the only time it ever comes into play is during alliance War and especially with SYG, you never thought it worked that way.
    To definitively prove this one way or another, can anyone post a video of getting hit by the first hit of a heavy and being able to block the second hit? I am not talking about AI but yourself. Without running SYG.
    You can't block heavies without running SYG
  • Options

Diablo, Tigra.
    No it doesn't.

Edit.

Nahh.

I have played and explored all the game content two times, in two accounts, with the exception of exploration of abyss. Im an active arena grinder. I've been playing Alliance wars since Season1. Just letting you know where I stand progression wise since you questioned.
    I always have 4 points in SYG, cuz of the lags I face on my device. It's a genuine and only reason for me to use this mastery.
    And it doesn't only work for AW. It works everywhere if you are the one using SYG.
    I should have also resisted mid heavy atleast once. Don't you think?

I'll mention this again, I'm not arguing with what you/we have experienced.
    I get hit bazillion times, and I also know when I have been SYgrounded, as its not that uncommon. I have parried enemies heavy countless times, but only when It didn't connect. I have parried Capiw heavy's second hit, when I resisted his first. I have a fare share of my syg interactions.

I would appreciate people to test in future while doing arenas, if you run high SYG, try to resist second hit of some of these champs(provided you got hit with first hit).
    Sentinel, Elsa, redhulk, ihulk, imiw, medusa, proxima, OR etc etc. These are some of the champs with slowest heavy attacks.
    Get hit by their heavy, and let us know the result.
    I wasn't questioning your progress. It's a rhetorical question.

I am not running SYG ATM.will let you know when I run
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,489 ★★★★★
    Thanks for taking the time and providing an evidence. But we already seen maw vs she hulk in here.
    If you can repeat this with any other champion other than she hulk. Imiw is one of the slowest heavy champs.
    I don't think there is a bug with SYG, feels more of a she hulk heavy problem.
  • Options

Thanks for taking the time and providing an evidence. But we already seen maw vs she hulk in here.
    If you can repeat this with any other champion other than she hulk. Imiw is one of the slowest heavy champs.
    A bug nevertheless.
  • Options
    @Graves_3
    Kurtxz said:

Well, do you think this is supposed to happen? It's clearly a bug.
    It's not up to me what should or should not happen
  • Options
    And considering how She-Hulk will be playing a major role next season this is to be fixed ASAP.

@Kabam Miike
  • Options

You wanted to see from attacker pov and I've shown.
  • Options

@Graves_3

Kurtxz said:

I didn't ask that though. I asked you wether, in your opinion, this should be happening or not.
  • Options
    I tried it myself. Only happening against she hulk.
    This is not a precise screenshot. But this interaction just happened with me too.
  • Options

I tried it myself. Only happening against she hulk.
    This is not a precise screenshot. But this interaction just happened with me too.

We know not all champs are made equal. movement, speed are all different
  • Options
    phil56201phil56201 Posts: 977 ★★★
    Amms90 said:

Guys this interaction is clearly bugged. It's like being able to block in the middle of a combo or in the middle of a special animation. If the first hit connects, then everything connects. That's how this game works.

I've gotten parried by the AI and been able to parry the AI mid combo. It's not anything reliable, but if the attacks are chained slow enough while tapping block and with alot of luck, it's possible. Can also dash back mid combo on rare occasions.

And now that I see the video, he was chaining heavies against the wall, making it it even more likely since the opponent wasn't stunned or blocking on the initial hit. Plus She Hulk has one of the slowest 2 hit heavy attacks.

Intended or not, this has been consistent with my experience for the 5 years I've been playing.
  • Options
    Amms90Amms90 Posts: 335 ★★★
    edited February 2022
    phil56201 said:

Amms90 said:

Guys this interaction is clearly bugged. It's like being able to block in the middle of a combo or in the middle of a special animation. If the first hit connects, then everything connects. That's how this game works.

I've gotten parried by the AI and been able to parry the AI mid combo. It's not anything reliable, but if the attacks are chained slow enough while tapping block and with alot of luck, it's possible. Can also dash back mid combo on rare occasions.

And now that I see the video, he was chaining heavies against the wall, making it it even more likely since the opponent wasn't stunned or blocking on the initial hit. Plus She Hulk has one of the slowest 2 hit heavy attacks.

Intended or not, this has been consistent with my experience for the 5 years I've been playing.
    you can block a combo mid combo only if the ai slows down to the point your champ can recover. Otherwise it's a bug. It's like the bug that was going around a couple years ago where warlock's sp2 would whiff unless the opponent was stunned or something like that. It was a bug and they fixed it. Now warlock's special doesn't whiff. This is a similar matter. This interaction is not supposed to happen. The reason why this happens may be as you pointed out because shehulk's heavy animation is slow. That I agree on. What I disagree on is the fact this is supposed to happen. And I agree chaining heavies is a risky move because of course stand your ground. But stand your ground even at 5/5 gives only a 50% chance to resist a block break. Given that shehulk does a 2 hit heavy, if you can resist both hits then the chance of the attack being blocked doubles. This is a bugged interaction that strongly limits your ability to use shehulk in aw to counter this global (you need slow to be consistently applied throughout the fight and on certain paths you need to reapply it when the nodes remove it)
  • Options
    Kurtxz said:

@Graves_3

Kurtxz said:

I didn't ask that though. I asked you wether, in your opinion, this should be happening or not.
    It is literally not up to me. My opinion has zero weight in the discussion. If the developers intended it to happen then it will. If not , they'll fix itm whatever it is , we have to play around it with it
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,384 ★★★★★
    As far as I'm aware the only time Hits aren't separate is in an L3.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,375 ★★★★★

Graves_3 said:

Diablo, Tigra.
    No it doesn't.

Edit.

Nahh.

To definitively prove this one way or another, can anyone post a video of getting hit by the first hit of a heavy and being able to block the second hit? I am not talking about AI but yourself. Without running SYG.
    You can't block heavies without running SYG
    Apologize that I was not clear.what I meant is can anyone not running SYG post a video of if you can put up a block on the second hit of a heavy after having taken the first hit to the face. I know you can’t resist a block break without SYG but at least we will know if we have the ability to block the second hit.
  • Options
    phil56201 said:

Amms90 said:

I can agree with that statment. Intended or not, it happens regardless.
    Only against specific champs tho. Just like I mentioned it in previous comment, Rocket is one of those.

Kurtxz said:

@Graves_3

Kurtxz said:

It is literally not up to me. My opinion has zero weight in the discussion. If the developers intended it to happen then it will. If not , they'll fix itm whatever it is , we have to play around it with it
    That's all we are here for. If this is intended let us know. Just because its there doesn't mean it's intended.

Some people Forced the opinion of its being intended, without a concrete proof, they maybe right or wrong, we don't know...
    In the same way, some of us are on the opposite side of that argument. It's nothing personal.
    We all are in the dark until there's a response from kabam devs.
    Im gonna leave this thread. I have to grind some arena milestones I'm missing.

Welcome back to July 2019 she hulk heavy controversy lol
    Have a good day!
  • Options
    Amms90 said:

As far as I'm aware the only time Hits aren't separate is in an L3.

I was surprised you were taking so long to come and tackle the conversation by denying the bug ahahhahah
    I'm not denying anything. Hits are individual. Combos, L1 and L2s, pretty much all of it. AI can Auto Block in the middle of it, Evade Champs can Evade in the middle of it. SYG can trigger as well.
  • Options
    The only Combo that can't be interrupted is an L3.