**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Stand Your Ground Broken?

Comments

• Options
    Amms90Amms90 Posts: 335 ★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

So you guys are saying, using double/multiple hit heavies in a war was never safe?
    We are yet to see an evidence of second hit getting resisted after first hit connects.

HT, Capiw, Mr.N, Rulk, Shulk
    aegon, NF, Elsa, falcon, stealth
    Apoc, AA, Domino, havok, OR, Sunspot
    Ghost, Nebula, Peni, Vision
    Angela, Corvus, Herc, Hype, Medusa, VP
    Diablo, Tigra.
    These are some of the Top attackers with multiple hit heavies. What some of you are saying will make them obsolete if a defender can resist connected heavies.
    So if defence is running 5/5 SYG, does that means the defender have 50% chance to resist mid multiple hit heavy?
    No it doesn't.

Can think of it similar to Evade (see Corvus against Spider-Man, hoping all 3 hits of Corvus Heavy get thru and not have either the 2nd or 3rd evaded even though 1st strike landed).

Just because someone is hit once doesn’t mean that they can’t get ready to do something other than continuing to get hit automatically from all the rest of them.

Auto-block and evade are unique abilities.
    Medusa autoblocks while being stunned does she had time to recover? It's an ability. An auto-evade can happen anytime, just not under stun effects or mid special.

Edit.
    [Side note: I faced this some months ago, Just like OP posted, Rocket Racoon's Heavy hit box is also bugged. I came out of his heavy after first hit connected. here's a link to a comment I made https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1951428/#Comment_1951428 ]
    If the first hit is a block attempt it registers as the subsequent hits as still having block applied from what

Nahh.
    When first hit connects, opponent is no longer blocking.
    Says you? Bc that's obviously not how it's been working forever
    Says you? If it's bugged forever doesn't means it should work forever.
    Where does it say that once the block is broken you can't block again?
    Where does it says once block is broken you can block again?
    Have you never played the game before? I've been hit with a heavy on my block plenty of times but that never stopped me from holding the block in future .

The only problem you have is whether the time between multi hit specials is enough for you to block after getting hit by the first hit of the heavy. The simple answer is yes. Since that's what is in the game. You can do it. I can do it it's not an issue.

It's just that since the only time it ever comes into play is during alliance War and especially with SYG, you never thought it worked that way.
    To definitively prove this one way or another, can anyone post a video of getting hit by the first hit of a heavy and being able to block the second hit? I am not talking about AI but yourself. Without running SYG.
    You can't block heavies without running SYG
    Apologize that I was not clear.what I meant is can anyone not running SYG post a video of if you can put up a block on the second hit of a heavy after having taken the first hit to the face. I know you can’t resist a block break without SYG but at least we will know if we have the ability to block the second hit.
    I understand your point... I don't wanna change masteries to try it out thoguh lol... and I guess it's likely that you can't hold block after the first hit connects, which would support the fact it's a bugged interaction
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

So you guys are saying, using double/multiple hit heavies in a war was never safe?
    We are yet to see an evidence of second hit getting resisted after first hit connects.

HT, Capiw, Mr.N, Rulk, Shulk
    aegon, NF, Elsa, falcon, stealth
    Apoc, AA, Domino, havok, OR, Sunspot
    Ghost, Nebula, Peni, Vision
    Angela, Corvus, Herc, Hype, Medusa, VP
    Diablo, Tigra.
    These are some of the Top attackers with multiple hit heavies. What some of you are saying will make them obsolete if a defender can resist connected heavies.
    So if defence is running 5/5 SYG, does that means the defender have 50% chance to resist mid multiple hit heavy?
    No it doesn't.

Can think of it similar to Evade (see Corvus against Spider-Man, hoping all 3 hits of Corvus Heavy get thru and not have either the 2nd or 3rd evaded even though 1st strike landed).

Just because someone is hit once doesn’t mean that they can’t get ready to do something other than continuing to get hit automatically from all the rest of them.

Auto-block and evade are unique abilities.
    Medusa autoblocks while being stunned does she had time to recover? It's an ability. An auto-evade can happen anytime, just not under stun effects or mid special.

Edit.
    [Side note: I faced this some months ago, Just like OP posted, Rocket Racoon's Heavy hit box is also bugged. I came out of his heavy after first hit connected. here's a link to a comment I made https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1951428/#Comment_1951428 ]
    If the first hit is a block attempt it registers as the subsequent hits as still having block applied from what

Nahh.
    When first hit connects, opponent is no longer blocking.
    Says you? Bc that's obviously not how it's been working forever
    Says you? If it's bugged forever doesn't means it should work forever.
    Where does it say that once the block is broken you can't block again?
    Where does it says once block is broken you can block again?
    Have you never played the game before? I've been hit with a heavy on my block plenty of times but that never stopped me from holding the block in future .

The only problem you have is whether the time between multi hit specials is enough for you to block after getting hit by the first hit of the heavy. The simple answer is yes. Since that's what is in the game. You can do it. I can do it it's not an issue.

It's just that since the only time it ever comes into play is during alliance War and especially with SYG, you never thought it worked that way.
    To definitively prove this one way or another, can anyone post a video of getting hit by the first hit of a heavy and being able to block the second hit? I am not talking about AI but yourself. Without running SYG.
    You can't block heavies without running SYG
    Apologize that I was not clear.what I meant is can anyone not running SYG post a video of if you can put up a block on the second hit of a heavy after having taken the first hit to the face. I know you can’t resist a block break without SYG but at least we will know if we have the ability to block the second hit.
    We can do it. But not necessarily "see blocking".
  • Options

phil56201 said:

Amms90 said:

Guys this interaction is clearly bugged. It's like being able to block in the middle of a combo or in the middle of a special animation. If the first hit connects, then everything connects. That's how this game works.

Intended or not, this has been consistent with my experience for the 5 years I've been playing.
    I can agree with that statment. Intended or not, it happens regardless.
    Only against specific champs tho. Just like I mentioned it in previous comment, Rocket is one of those.

Kurtxz said:

@Graves_3

Kurtxz said:

Well, do you think this is supposed to happen? It's clearly a bug.
    It's not up to me what should or should not happen
    I didn't ask that though. I asked you wether, in your opinion, this should be happening or not.
    It is literally not up to me. My opinion has zero weight in the discussion. If the developers intended it to happen then it will. If not , they'll fix itm whatever it is , we have to play around it with it
    That's all we are here for. If this is intended let us know. Just because its there doesn't mean it's intended.

Some people Forced the opinion of its being intended, without a concrete proof, they maybe right or wrong, we don't know...
    In the same way, some of us are on the opposite side of that argument. It's nothing personal.
    We all are in the dark until there's a response from kabam devs.
    Im gonna leave this thread. I have to grind some arena milestones I'm missing.

Welcome back to July 2019 she hulk heavy controversy lol
    Have a good day!
    Could it Possibly have anything to do with them changing her heavy during the time?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    Kurtxz said:

Amms90 said:

As far as I'm aware the only time Hits aren't separate is in an L3.

I was surprised you were taking so long to come and tackle the conversation by denying the bug ahahhahah
    I'm not denying anything. Hits are individual. Combos, L1 and L2s, pretty much all of it. AI can Auto Block in the middle of it, Evade Champs can Evade in the middle of it. SYG can trigger as well.
    You're saying everything and absolutely nothing.
    Just the fact that you're comparing the matter to AutoBlock and Evade lets us know you actually don't understand the matter at all.
    U k bro?
    I'm outlining the fact that the Hits are counted as separate and not an uninterrupted action. To be honest, I'm not sure how many people can point out that it's not a bug before you accept it.
  • Options
    Amms90 said:

Kurtxz said:

Amms90 said:

I was surprised you were taking so long to come and tackle the conversation by denying the bug ahahhahah
    I'm not denying anything. Hits are individual. Combos, L1 and L2s, pretty much all of it. AI can Auto Block in the middle of it, Evade Champs can Evade in the middle of it. SYG can trigger as well.
    Just the fact that you're comparing the matter to AutoBlock and Evade lets us know you actually don't understand the matter at all.
    U k bro?
    I'm outlining the fact that the Hits are counted as separate and not an uninterrupted action. To be honest, I'm not sure how many people can point out that it's not a bug before you accept it.
    bro I don't know if you're aware but you're not a kabam developer so we're waiting to get confirmation from someone who actually works on the game. The fact that you decided it's not a bug is not relevant. Thank you very much you are free to fly away now
    I didn't decide anything. People like myself who have been here for 6+ years have been pointing out that it's always been the case. If you want to ignore that experience, have at it.
  • Options
    Cam77778888Cam77778888 Posts: 113
    edited February 2022

Amms90 said:

Kurtxz said:

Amms90 said:

U k bro?
    bro I don't know if you're aware but you're not a kabam developer so we're waiting to get confirmation from someone who actually works on the game. The fact that you decided it's not a bug is not relevant. Thank you very much you are free to fly away now
    I didn't decide anything. People like myself who have been here for 6+ years have been pointing out that it's always been the case. If you want to ignore that experience, have at it.
    You have done nothing to aid the correction either by arguing a simple bug he noted. Its a bug stop arguing otherwise. By the amount of disagrees its obvious you cant read what you say yourself. Its very annoying when you see a bug and almost sound like your defending the bugged interaction
  • Options
    For 6 years you saw a bug and were to apathetic to acknowledge its existence is what i read when you say this
  • Options
    Did people post to ask if something was bugged, or just post to sling insults? Lol
  • Options
    Worth mentioning if you're trying to look into a potential bug, it's also in the wrong section.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

phil56201 said:

Amms90 said:

Guys this interaction is clearly bugged. It's like being able to block in the middle of a combo or in the middle of a special animation. If the first hit connects, then everything connects. That's how this game works.

Intended or not, this has been consistent with my experience for the 5 years I've been playing.
    Only against specific champs tho. Just like I mentioned it in previous comment, Rocket is one of those.

Kurtxz said:

@Graves_3

Kurtxz said:

I didn't ask that though. I asked you wether, in your opinion, this should be happening or not.
    It is literally not up to me. My opinion has zero weight in the discussion. If the developers intended it to happen then it will. If not , they'll fix itm whatever it is , we have to play around it with it
    That's all we are here for. If this is intended let us know. Just because its there doesn't mean it's intended.

Some people Forced the opinion of its being intended, without a concrete proof, they maybe right or wrong, we don't know...
    In the same way, some of us are on the opposite side of that argument. It's nothing personal.

Have a good day!
    Who said it was intended? All I said was how it worked and that players opinions of what should happen don't matter. I never once even gave an opinion on whether I thought it should work that way or not bc that opinion is irrelevant.
  • Options
    You know, you're absolutely right. It's much less productive to try and offer an explanation to these discussions than it is to derail them with personal insults. Don't know what I was thinking.
  • Options

Ty i finally see you do indeed have an opinion about the subject. I completely disagree about being able to interrupt any special or combo other than a game being buggy. I would love to be able to get hit with the collectors first hit of sp1 and then recover and block the rest but due to basic game mechanics i should not be able to. If that happened then it should be a reported bug. Combination types are in the game for a reason. If they were not I could just attack constantly and hit for an infinite combo never letting the opponent recover. The game has basic mechanics that should not be broken unless specified through a champs abilities. All i want is a game that has consistent rules where I know the limitations and actions that are allowed. Blocking mid combo is not an interaction i see regularly because if i did see it i would have stopped playing a long time ago. The game is fun but much more fun if its working within its basic rule set.

• Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,219 ★★★★★
    @Cam77778888
    Hey man, you can drop this with GW, he might be wrong. His reputation precedes him but he is polite almost all the time.
    I also know he can be a thread derailing GOD, but he was on the topic except maybe not on one or two comments. But that's fine.
    Unless someone from kabam answers us, we don't know who's wrong or who's right.
    I'm his big fan, his debating skills are way too OP. And have learned a lot from him on how to keep cool on online forum where people attacks you.

Thanks GW... we are talking the same thing, if something in game is/was working in a certain way, doesn't mean it can't be a bug.
    You remember they corrected 10+ champs, along side she hulk heavy chain exploit. That was working in game for 4 years. When I joined the game my mate even taught me how we can chain heavy with ultron. Nobody knew if that was intended or not.

There's nothing certain unless kabam themselves says it.
    OP posted his post with a question mark, that's why it's in General discussion.

And imo the question is wrong, there's nothing wrong with SYG mastery. From my experience, I feel it's the hit-box and character interaction issue. While testing I found almost all champs freeze the opponent after first connected hit from heavy so the remaining hits can connect.
    That's it.

I usually don't interact this much on threads, its just happened that OP had a legit query and the replys were not convincing.
  • Options

phil56201 said:

Amms90 said:

Kurtxz said:

@Graves_3

Kurtxz said:

Have a good day!
    Who said it was intended? All I said was how it worked and that players opinions of what should happen don't matter. I never once even gave an opinion on whether I thought it should work that way or not bc that opinion is irrelevant.
    Sure mate!!
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    phil56201 said:

This does appear to be a She Hulk exclusive bug (at least thus far. I don't have the patience to test any further).

Could be related to the change they made to her heavy attack a couple years back like a previous poster mentioned.

Thanks for the efforts mate.
    Since we are on the same page now and can talk on this with open mind, I too tested this against 20-25 2*s champs.
    And I found 4 champs who's heavies were resisted.
    1-Shehulk
    2-Rocket and SL.
    I think they both fall in same category animation wise, I didnt tested the others but I bet with Deadpool, venompool and antman we will get the same results.
    4-Void, fought him with a r3 G99, exited after ~150 hits, I resisted his third heavy hit 2 times after first 2 hit connected. Didn't had 2* sabertooth to test as his heavy animations are somewhat similar.

Edit: I run 4/5 SYG always.
    As it's enough points for me to access willpower.
  • Options
    phil56201phil56201 Posts: 970 ★★★

And I found 4 champs who's heavies were resisted.
    1-Shehulk
    2-Rocket and SL.
    I think they both fall in same category animation wise, I didnt tested the others but I bet with Deadpool, venompool and antman we will get the same results.
    4-Void, fought him with a r3 G99, exited after ~150 hits, I resisted his third heavy hit 2 times after first 2 hit connected. Didn't had 2* sabertooth to test as his heavy animations are somewhat similar.

You're right. SL, Rocket, and Void can indeed be resisted on the 2nd (or possibly 3rd in Voids case) after being hit by the 1st hit of the heavy attack. Once I resisted Void's 1st hit, got hit with the second and then resisted the 3rd lol.
    I had already tested against DP (200ish hits) and he never once procced SYG beyond the 1st hit. After seeing how SL could do it w/ essentially the same heavy animation, I checked a second time and no dice.

You were right about VP. But just like Deadpool, both Antman and YJ don't seem to do it either despite all of them having the same heavy animation as SL.

Tested against the multi hit kicks of female champions like SW, BW, and Magik. Nothing there either. Beast is the only other champion Ive found so far.
  • Options
    Kurtxz said:

phil56201 said:

So to prove the case I decided to practice on different champions in my roster that have multi-hit heavy attacks. Have 2 points in SYG.

Practiced against 2*'s using a variety of 5/65's and R3 6*'s to maximize the amount of heavy attacks used against me. Fought Angela, IMIW, Hyperion, Falcon, Carnage, Vision, She Hulk, and a few others I can't think of ATM.

These fights ranged from 200-450 hits each. In every fight, I was unable to proc SYG on anything but the 1st hit of the opponents heavy attacks. Except for She Hulk. I procced SYG 40+ times in 450 hits.

To be certain, I adjusted my masterys and maxed out SYG. Same results for all champions, except this time I lost count how many times Shulk procced SYG on the 2nd hit of her heavy.

I didn't want to stand on an argument based on what I remembered. I wanted to be sure I was remembering right on this. I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong, and it looks like I was. This does appear to be a She Hulk exclusive bug (at least thus far. I don't have the patience to test any further).

Could be related to the change they made to her heavy attack a couple years back like a previous poster mentioned.

So, in the end, it is indeed a bug in She-Hulk's heavy and, from what I read, Rocket's and SL's as well!
    Let's wait and see what kabam says on the subject... like other players pointed out, an interaction that is present in game for a long time is not necessarily working as intended. It can be a bug that had yet to be ackwnoledged. I'm more inclined to consider it a bug given how similar heavy animations have a different outcome. I don't understand why deadpool won't trigger syg on the second hit while starlord will... for me this incostistency itself is proof of the fact that something's off. I also want to add that it seems to me like the resist on syg has become more frequent in general. And I'm not talking about the supposed bug but about the resist on the first hit... To think just a couple hours ago I saw a tigra's heavy being resisted on all 3 hits! ahhahahah I wanna remind us all that even when the mastery is maxed out you get at best a 50% chance to resist the heavy hit. If you resist the first hit, then again you get a 50% chance to resist the second hit and so on... the probability of all 3 hits being resisted seems kinda low. Not to mention it's not for sure that said defender had that mastery maxed out
  • Options
    Amms90 said:

Kurtxz said:

phil56201 said:

So to prove the case I decided to practice on different champions in my roster that have multi-hit heavy attacks. Have 2 points in SYG.

Practiced against 2*'s using a variety of 5/65's and R3 6*'s to maximize the amount of heavy attacks used against me. Fought Angela, IMIW, Hyperion, Falcon, Carnage, Vision, She Hulk, and a few others I can't think of ATM.

These fights ranged from 200-450 hits each. In every fight, I was unable to proc SYG on anything but the 1st hit of the opponents heavy attacks. Except for She Hulk. I procced SYG 40+ times in 450 hits.

To be certain, I adjusted my masterys and maxed out SYG. Same results for all champions, except this time I lost count how many times Shulk procced SYG on the 2nd hit of her heavy.

I didn't want to stand on an argument based on what I remembered. I wanted to be sure I was remembering right on this. I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong, and it looks like I was. This does appear to be a She Hulk exclusive bug (at least thus far. I don't have the patience to test any further).

So, in the end, it is indeed a bug in She-Hulk's heavy and, from what I read, Rocket's and SL's as well!
    just a couple hours ago I saw a tigra's heavy being resisted on all 3 hits! ahhahahah I wanna remind us all that even when the mastery is maxed out you get at best a 50% chance to resist the heavy hit. If you resist the first hit, then again you get a 50% chance to resist the second hit and so on... the probability of all 3 hits being resisted seems kinda low. Not to mention it's not for sure that said defender had that mastery maxed out
    I had stand your ground resist 7 times in a row. While I was attacker and I was resisting. It's not impossible
  • Options
    edited February 2022

Amms90 said:

Kurtxz said:

phil56201 said:

just a couple hours ago I saw a tigra's heavy being resisted on all 3 hits! ahhahahah I wanna remind us all that even when the mastery is maxed out you get at best a 50% chance to resist the heavy hit. If you resist the first hit, then again you get a 50% chance to resist the second hit and so on... the probability of all 3 hits being resisted seems kinda low. Not to mention it's not for sure that said defender had that mastery maxed out
    I had stand your ground resist 7 times in a row. While I was attacker and I was resisting. It's not impossible
    Well that's like guessing right heads or tails when you flip a coin 7 times in a row. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm saying it's unlikely probability-wise. Unless something is broken with the probabilities, I don't know... it's just weird

edit:

actually, that's not even a fitting comparison. A fair comparison would be to flip a coin 7 times and get heads 7 times in a row
  • Options
    Amms90 said:

Amms90 said:

Kurtxz said:

phil56201 said:

Well that's like guessing right heads or tails when you flip a coin 7 times in a row. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm saying it's unlikely probability-wise. Unless something is broken with the probabilities, I don't know... it's just weird

edit:

actually, that's not even a fitting comparison. A fair comparison would be to flip a coin 7 times and get heads 7 times in a row
    Yeah. It's not impossible. In fact it's more probable to land 7 times head than to pull a 6* champ from a cav. But that's never a " something broken" or "weird" is it?
  • Options

Amms90 said:

Amms90 said:

Kurtxz said:

phil56201 said:

edit:

Yeah. It's not impossible. In fact it's more probable to land 7 times head than to pull a 6* champ from a cav. But that's never a " something broken" or "weird" is it?
    If it happens consistently then it is
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    How can something be a Bug, when this is how it is made to work? Is there any proof that when SYG was introduced, something different was happening? Because I run this @ 2 to 5 points constantly for five years now, and it works like this.
    The mastery's description says "resists a block break". If the opponent is not knocked down, he can very well resist the second hit, just like Ant Man's sp1 works.
  • Options
    Hey there, just wanted to clear some things up. The Stand Your Ground mastery has always been able to activate during later parts of a multi-hit Heavy Attack, even if the first part breaks a block. This doesn't guarantee that it will activate against Heavy Attacks that hit multiple times, but it does give it more chances to activate.
  • Options
    te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★

Hey there, just wanted to clear some things up. The Stand Your Ground mastery has always been able to activate during later parts of a multi-hit Heavy Attack, even if the first part breaks a block. This doesn't guarantee that it will activate against Heavy Attacks that hit multiple times, but it does give it more chances to activate.

Wait a minute: does this means that the Stand Your Ground mastery acts as an auto-block? Because I always thought that said mastery was only adding a "Resist" effect to my block, and this would mean that the only way for me to activate SYG would be when I can block; but if I'm able to block I should also be able to dash back at the same time, with the exception being an auto-block (or Root). I don't recall being able to dex out of a multi-hit heavy after taking a hit. So, if what you said it's true it means that either SYG or the "Resist" is considered an auto-block or I should also be able to dex after being hit by a heavy.
    I'm asking because I think it can be really important since we have ways to actually prevent auto-block and I would like to know if they can interact, or if we actually have the ability to dex and we just have to learn how to ^_^