Options

KABAM Environment and Communication

JoeverlordJoeverlord Posts: 5
edited March 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
Writing this post from my alt account, since my main account isn’t connected to a KABAM id. For context to my perspective, I have completed and explored all content in the game. Built my account on hardcore arena grinding. In recent years, have spent some money on the game. I doubt my viewpoint applies to ALL community members. But I suspect it applies too many.

With the recent distribution of the Realm of Champions compensation, a broader discussion has to occur. On the surface, I actually think it is great that compensation was given to those who made the effort to play and support that game. No compensation was promised. It is actually, a nice “give-back”.

However, where is the discussion for the compensation for the input/bug issues in THIS game? You know, the one that is still actually alive. I know, you have consistently expressed that something, someday, will come. But let’s be honest. It shouldn’t even be called compensation anymore. It should be called “thank you for continuing to support our game so that we don’t all end up unemployed”. I do NOT expect you to release the actual compensation (Thank you) package details. However, I DO expect there to be some form of consistent communication on the subject. Maybe something to the effect of “We are getting close to releasing input fixes and expect compensation to follow within a month of that release”. I think that’s fair. It doesn’t paint you into a corner. If delays happen, they happen. At least we would have an understanding of the timeline as it moves. While you may feel you have addressed this, it clearly hasn’t been. Some of the responses to inquiry have been to say that you have answered these question in multiple posts. Are we expected to sift through thousands of posts to find glimpses of half-hearted answers? Really? A simple in-game message resolves most of those issues. And considering the magnitude of the issues, it is the least that can be done.

As for the Realm of Champions Compensation itself. Given that compensation was given for a FAILED game, I think it reasonable to expect a substantial increase in rewards for those of us that have stuck kept things going here. A nexus crystal or two doesn’t cut it. And really, a nexus only offers one champ. Include a pile of shards. So, at least we can decide how to use them (featured or basic). That being only the tip of the iceberg.

What really got me fired up was seeing the unit compensation for Realm of Champions. Again, great that you would try to “reimburse” those that tried to support your game. But we hear all the time about the “balance and economy” of the game. How does gifting people upwards of 200k units create balance in any way? Should those of us that continue to play this game expect to get some sort of vast unit reward as well? I know that people that got units, spent on Realm of Champions. But 200k units? How is that balanced? How do you think that will effect events like gifting? It will completely skew it for those of us in THIS game who will have no way of competing for rank rewards. And it will impact the alliances of those with a massive payout. All good that they get some sort of money back. How does that create balance here for those that have stayed? It’s an absurd economical imbalance unless you plan to compensate THIS community equally. Again, for the game we have made SUCCESSFUL.

We continue to get weekly AQ/AW compensation. And regardless if it hits overflow, it is a good gesture. The occasional potions, revives and energy refills as well. But let’s be honest. It is pretty vanilla. Get a bit more creative. How about throwing in some featured nexus cavalier crystals each week. Maybe 500 6 star shards. Some rank up materials on occasion. You know, get creative. Start working WITH the people who are continuing to support the game. It doesn’t have to be game-breaking weekly compensation. Just something a bit more fun to pass the time (although, I would refer to my previous paragraph about economy balance. I don’t want to hear how some nexus cavaliers create some sort of imbalance in light of the ROC compensation).

I think what you consistently fail to do is be pro-active in your effort to engage with the community. You have done some positive things in the last year. However, if you take a look at the YouTube community for example, you will see that you are loosing thousands of eyeballs to your game. Seatin quit. Katy Candy quit. Ilacskills almost never releases videos. Just to name a few. I can’t imagine that is good for the marketing of your game. Look at why they left. So much of it revolves around the environment you have created, the lack of communication, and the indifference with which you treat this community.

So many threads with conversation about the state of the game, or bugs, have been shut down because you won’t even acknowledge them. Like the change in frame rates for Magik and Archangel (just go ask Dave about Archangel. He did a frame rate comparison way back and then poof, nothing. Hmmmm.). People spend money on products like new champs. Champs that are broken, don’t operate correctly, or get nerfed because they were released under a false premise. Not all of them to be sure. Way more than is reasonable to expect.

Step up your game. Open some dialogue. Get creative with the community regarding “care packages”. The alternative is continuing to alienate your base. I was a hardcore player. The ONLY reason I’m still playing is because I have met and made some fantastic friends along the way. Friends I enjoy passing the time with. Yet, even I am getting indifferent. I am just one person. I won’t affect your bottom line. But there are a lot of people like me, who are playing less, or walking away. Eventually, those drops add up to a steady flow. Then what? More compensation for a community that no longer exists?
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Options
    Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    In response to the 200k units, I’m pretty sure that was because some guy spent way too much money in the game. (I did the math, it was like $7,000).

In response to the lack of communication, I see your point. They do not release every single thing that they learn about the bug to the forums or whatnot. They did release something in January, I still haven’t read it but you might want to go do that if you haven’t. But do you actually want them spamming the forums saying “Kabam tapsalot has found a .028 second delay on some parries, a .17 second delay some parties…” and more stuff that really only has meaning to the Kabam team? I can’t say I do.

• Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited March 2022
    For me, the weekly packages are perfectly fine as I barely face any issue and my only expectation/wish is that they give out a nice package ONCE the issues have actually been fixed/significantly improved for everyone just because they have stuck around.

Edit: On your point about communication, while it could have been better, so far, there communication with regards to the unity engine issues have been perfectly fine. Regular updates on their progress and some approximate timelines which they hopefully will meet. I don't see the need to have weekly/daily or monthly updates that keep saying the same thing, all it does is lead to disappointment every time they do give out an update on the issue.

Their most recent update from a few days ago:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/297955/input-system-update-march-2022-progress-update
  • Options
    Jonnathan05Jonnathan05 Posts: 39
    There are sure some good points in here.
    But what bothers me the most is like you said the unit compensation for MROC, ok some had spend on that game. But I’ve never ever seen a game, were you spend and then go to another game of that developer because they decide to not make the game anymore and a new one comes out, and you get compensation in form of units, or whatever they use as payed currency.
    That is just f** rediculous.
    When kabam is launching Disney Mirrorverse, and they decide to stop with MCOC, because be real a game will always stop at one point, that we all get our money compensated in Mirrorverse. Most likely thats not gonna happen.
    … think on that
  • Options
    JoeverlordJoeverlord Posts: 5
    Yeah. I pretty much said that the unit refund was for the dude who spent a ton of money. Thought that was clear. But plenty of people got 10-12k also. And the principle remains.

No, I don’t want to be spammed with messages every week. Didn’t say that. It’s fairly clear. But occasional feedback is good.

Let’s say your favorite toothpaste changes something in their product and suddenly, you teeth turn black. Wouldn’t you want some feedback from the company on that? Or would you prefer to just enable them to keep doing it?

And for the record, I don’t need the weekly/biweekly compensation. That should have been clear too. Just because you’re not bothered by it, then it should be unilaterally applied to the rest of us? That’s a No.

But plenty of people do need it. And they should continue to get it. And they SHOULD change it up and give some love to people that support the game. Nobody is asking for game breaking stuff here. Some basic customer care.

But, I think the real answer has already been provided. This post got moved faster than it could be read. Clearly they don’t want it very visible. While suggestions were made, this clearly wasn’t intended as a “suggestion” post. It was intended to get some dialogue. But not having that is pretty consistent to this point.