GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,924 ★★★★★

Why can’t we have them the way they were

Comments

• Options

Basic cavs are also like this I just noticed
  • Options
    LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
    Side event cavs are pathetic now.
    Before monsters cavs, they were 4.5% for 6star.
    Now they are 3%.
    So price is same i.e. 4000 shards like before monsters cavs but the drop is not same!!
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Primis00 said:

I just can’t muster up the energy to discuss this again. These are equivalent to normal Cavs, and they’re being offered in a low effort and even dare-I-say enjoyable side quest. Kabam isn’t cheating us out of things or trying to trick us. It just is how it is.

But other months it has been the featured drop rate. Last month was an exception but the crystals instead cost 2k instead of the normal 4k. Now they cost 4k again but has the low droprate like last month. They are not being consistent in this.
    They don’t t have to be consistent on this. Temper your expectations.
  • Options
    DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★
    I dont understand what is the problem with it. When they were offering cavs with 4.5% chance there quantity was much low as they are giving now. For instance 10 cavs with 4.5% chance has overall low chance of getting a 6* than 25 cav with 3% chance. Not to forget much more 5*s and iso generated because of duping 4*s in the later case.

Similarly, cost of 2000 shards or 4000 shards has no difference. In february we were able to form atmost 29 cavs with 2000 price(Though most people didnt bought cavs from legendary bucks so it was effectively 24 cavs). This month we are able to form around 33-35 cavs even with 4000 price.
  • Options
    Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 872 ★★★★
    I mean I pulled a 5* Ultron from my first crystal so I didn't seem to notice lol.
  • Options
    Simmons253Simmons253 Posts: 40
    I prefer the higher drop rates no matter how many crystals we get(cost is irrelevant), you get better overall value from my perspective. I know everyone talks about the 6* rate but I like the opposite, as in less chance for a 3*(since they won’t remove them). Last month I pulled 20 3* where in with higher drop rates I pull mostly 4/5/6*. That’s just my personal experience and it has been since they make adjustments to the drop rates.

As for Dipodocus, comparing 10 vs 25 isn’t even fair comparison. So that’s irrelevant. Fair comparison is 10 vs 15 and me personally I’d take 10 with higher drop rates than 15 with lower.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Primis00 said:

I just can’t muster up the energy to discuss this again. These are equivalent to normal Cavs, and they’re being offered in a low effort and even dare-I-say enjoyable side quest. Kabam isn’t cheating us out of things or trying to trick us. It just is how it is.

But other months it has been the featured drop rate. Last month was an exception but the crystals instead cost 2k instead of the normal 4k. Now they cost 4k again but has the low droprate like last month. They are not being consistent in this.
    They don’t t have to be consistent on this. Temper your expectations.
    Lol, expecting consistency is quite reasonable if ya ask me.
    In a game about RNG? Where month to month the quests and node combinations change? The only consistency is that the there’s very little consistency. They do not have any obligation to make the FREE cavs you earn from doing content consistent in any manner.
  • Options
    DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★

As for Dipodocus, comparing 10 vs 25 isn’t even fair comparison. So that’s irrelevant. Fair comparison is 10 vs 15 and me personally I’d take 10 with higher drop rates than 15 with lower.

I am comparing no of cavs which we got per month before february. For ex- we got 7 cav crystals in january with 4.5% chance and got 24 cav crystals in february with 3* chance( excluding those from legendary mojo bucks which would have made it 29). So yes my point still stands.
  • Options
    Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 628 ★★★
    I thought the 2K shards per SQ CAV crystal (instead of 4K) was meant to be a permanent thing... :/
  • Options
    _hbtygbty423__hbtygbty423_ Posts: 546 ★★
    i mean this sucks, but we get 24 cavs in comparison to fewer last month, nevertheless it really sucks...
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,310 ★★★★★
    I mean, I know people would always prefer higher Drop Rates, but from a logical standpoint, they should be 3%. They're not Featured Cavs. They're Specialty Cavs.
  • Options

I am comparing no of cavs which we got per month before february. For ex- we got 7 cav crystals in january with 4.5% chance and got 24 cav crystals in february with 3* chance( excluding those from legendary mojo bucks which would have made it 29). So yes my point still stands.
    If you won’t compare 1:1 than compare the actual data, we have got more cavs with the higher drop rates than “7” vs “29”. Each month since getting these cavs have varied(I’m glad they added them). You comparing the amount you can get of only last 2 months. You are excluding data, just to make your point. What are you the NEWS?!
  • Options

I mean, I know people would always prefer higher Drop Rates, but from a logical standpoint, they should be 3%. They're not Featured Cavs. They're Specialty Cavs.

What is a specialty cav? Have they used that terminology? And there's no logical standpoint. They put the rates they put
    Have they? No. I have.
    It just means it's a regular Cav with a special pool. A list of specific Champions in it. It doesn't promise an increased rate at anything.
  • Options
    Although technically you could say it has an increased chance of pulling the Champs you want in them because the list is smaller than regular Cavs, but that's neither here nor there.
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    I was hoping we would either get the 2K shards crystals with lower drop rates or 4K with higher drop rates. I didn’t count how many we have this month, but it does really suck that we get the worst of both worlds. Hopefully it doesn’t stay this way forever
  • Options
    KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    SQ Cavs have been cheeks since the beginning anyway. I just grab and pop them for 4* shards to use weekly with the sigil store at this point. A 3* joke for months.
  • Options
    Hopper13131Hopper13131 Posts: 65
    The price (2k vs 4k) is completely irrelevant. What matters is the number you're able to acquire. If you do all of the SQ difficulties, you can get 96k shards (someone can double check that). When they double the price, they aren't halving the amount you get. They just also double the number of shards you get, so that it's the same number of crystals. Not sure why they do this, but it doesn't matter.

And anyone saying they'd rather pay 4k for 4.5% than 2k for 3% has no clue how statistics work. If you have 96k shards, and you could pick between a 4.5% drop priced 4k and a 3% drop priced 2k, you would be a moron to pick the higher drop rate. Here's some stats assuming you have 96k shards:
    Could purchase 24 of the 4.5% crystals at 4k each. The statistics break down for the number of 6*s you will get:
    0 6* -- 33.1%
    1 6* -- 37.5%
    2 6* -- 20.3%
    3 6* -- 7 %
    (Leaving out P(4+) since that makes up only 2% of cases)
    So 20.3% of people who open 24 of the higher drop rate crystals will get 2 6*s. That's how to interpret that. Approx 66% of people will get at least 1 6*

Same breakdown but now you get 48 of the 3% crystals priced at 2k each:
    0 6* -- 23.2%
    1 6* -- 34.4%
    2 6* -- 25%
    3 6* -- 11.9%
    4 6* -- 4.1%
    Approx 77% of people get at least 1 6*

Conclusion, the 3% drop rate but you get 2x the amount of chances is superior. You reduce the number of people *not* getting at least 1 6* by about 10%, and you shift the distribution so more people get more than 1 6*.

Not that we have a choice for these crystals since they're all 4k and 3% drop rates, but I made this comment because Simmons253 said the higher drop rates are better value no matter what, which is just blatant illiteracy in mathematics. As for his specific, irrelevant comparison of 10 high drop rate vs 15 lower drop rate. These give almost identical results (63.1% get no 6*s vs 63.3% get no 6*s). The stats are roughly the same here since you get 1.5x the lower drop crystals which have 1.5x lower drop rates, and a small sample size. Picking arbitrary numbers (10 vs 15 crystals) is useless anyways.

This just reminds me when I saw people complaining that cav nexus crystals had a 3% drop rate instead of 4.5%. It's 3% rolled 3 times, not once. That gives approx 8.5% chance to get a 6*. So just imagine cav nexuses having an 8.5% overall 6* drop rate instead of 3%.

Fun fact:
    For TB players, this math works for Cavs vs featured Cavs as well. Unless you're hunting a specific champion in the featured cav, the regular cavs yield more 6*s per unit spent on average.

--

As for those saying these crystals suck... 24 crystals with 3% drop rate means roughly half of the player base opening 24 crystals gets at least 1 6*. That's pretty good for something that is literally free.
  • Options

The price (2k vs 4k) is completely irrelevant. What matters is the number you're able to acquire. If you do all of the SQ difficulties, you can get 96k shards (someone can double check that). When they double the price, they aren't halving the amount you get. They just also double the number of shards you get, so that it's the same number of crystals. Not sure why they do this, but it doesn't matter.

And anyone saying they'd rather pay 4k for 4.5% than 2k for 3% has no clue how statistics work. If you have 96k shards, and you could pick between a 4.5% drop priced 4k and a 3% drop priced 2k, you would be a moron to pick the higher drop rate. Here's some stats assuming you have 96k shards:
    Could purchase 24 of the 4.5% crystals at 4k each. The statistics break down for the number of 6*s you will get:
    0 6* -- 33.1%
    1 6* -- 37.5%
    2 6* -- 20.3%
    3 6* -- 7 %
    (Leaving out P(4+) since that makes up only 2% of cases)
    So 20.3% of people who open 24 of the higher drop rate crystals will get 2 6*s. That's how to interpret that. Approx 66% of people will get at least 1 6*

Same breakdown but now you get 48 of the 3% crystals priced at 2k each:
    0 6* -- 23.2%
    1 6* -- 34.4%
    2 6* -- 25%
    3 6* -- 11.9%
    4 6* -- 4.1%
    Approx 77% of people get at least 1 6*

Conclusion, the 3% drop rate but you get 2x the amount of chances is superior. You reduce the number of people *not* getting at least 1 6* by about 10%, and you shift the distribution so more people get more than 1 6*.

Not that we have a choice for these crystals since they're all 4k and 3% drop rates, but I made this comment because Simmons253 said the higher drop rates are better value no matter what, which is just blatant illiteracy in mathematics. As for his specific, irrelevant comparison of 10 high drop rate vs 15 lower drop rate. These give almost identical results (63.1% get no 6*s vs 63.3% get no 6*s). The stats are roughly the same here since you get 1.5x the lower drop crystals which have 1.5x lower drop rates, and a small sample size. Picking arbitrary numbers (10 vs 15 crystals) is useless anyways.

This just reminds me when I saw people complaining that cav nexus crystals had a 3% drop rate instead of 4.5%. It's 3% rolled 3 times, not once. That gives approx 8.5% chance to get a 6*. So just imagine cav nexuses having an 8.5% overall 6* drop rate instead of 3%.

Fun fact:
    For TB players, this math works for Cavs vs featured Cavs as well. Unless you're hunting a specific champion in the featured cav, the regular cavs yield more 6*s per unit spent on average.

--

As for those saying these crystals suck... 24 crystals with 3% drop rate means roughly half of the player base opening 24 crystals gets at least 1 6*. That's pretty good for something that is literally free.

You clearly didn’t understand what I meant. No where did I compare 6* drop rate. That’s what everyone else is upset at. If you go by that, then the equivalent to these drop rates for 6* would be 10:15 mathematical it’s equivalent. My argument is I’d rather have an equivalent crystal number of higher drop rate than the lower. I’d prefer 60% to get something better than a 3* than a 50/50 for a 3*. Now logically if you say you get 10 crystals with higher drop rates vs and unequal of lower drop rate like 30. No one with common sense would take 10 crystals. There is no better value unless like you allude to we get only X amount of shards and we COULD choice between 2k vs 4k with said drop rates. That would clearly give mathematical advantage to double the amount of crystals. That is not equal and has nothing to do with what I was apparently trying to say but isn’t clear to some. Don’t misrepresent what i said please.
  • Options
    GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,924 ★★★★★
    edited March 2022
    Kennado said:

SQ Cavs have been cheeks since the beginning anyway. I just grab and pop them for 4* shards to use weekly with the sigil store at this point. A 3* joke for months.

Exactly why they had no reason to be nerfed if they were already bad