**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Rank Either 5* Unawakened Dr. Voodoo or 4* Awakened Magik?

CSSpikeCSSpike Posts: 5
edited November 2017 in Strategy and Tips
Hey guys...

After what feels like months grinding it out for the T4 Class Catalysts, I finally have enough mystic catalysts to either rank my 5* Dr. Voodoo to rank 3/5 or 4* Magik to 5/5.

The problem is Dr. Voodoo isn't awakened yet and I know the chances of getting a duped Dr. Voodoo anytime soon is very unlikely. Before I got him and before all the new game content, Magik was an easy no-brainer... Although due to all the new content and the inclusion of 6* characters I was wondering if you guys think that maybe Dr. Voodoo is the better choice?

I'm really stuck between them... Because I know that Magik is a beast and will be a team carry for a long while! Although, maybe in hopes of 5* awakening gems becoming available or the possibility of getting a lucky duped Dr. Voodoo pull, he can carry me through more long term (And I also hear is quite the beast, even unduped).

Please help me out and give me some comforting advise.

Peace Out

Rank Either 5* Unawakened Dr. Voodoo or 4* Awakened Magik? 58 votes

5* Unawakened Dr. Voodoo (3/5)
41%
MattyloDanicb94Zane22ThawnimMasterTroller42cjs8000Stark78AlfaTheOneAndOnlySummonerB2MrBirnixD_Ace_71PandamanTanNemesis666Richdane1OnmixHzoriStarscean98Vis123456789FaisaljavedBahamut 24 votes
4* Awakened Magik (5/5)
58%
StefffSpity68StewmanStefanjonesAfridYouCantSeeMe2adqqedfyvrSuperman69SpeedbumpAnurag1606Jonrdz1BadabibidonJones979BUZZdog3000GNASTYIAmNotUrMomReg_Montanazero7Lt_Magnum_1SpiderCools 34 votes

Comments

• GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
    edited November 2017
    4* Awakened Magik (5/5)
    Tough dude. I’m in a similar predicament. Facing between 4* 5/50 duped GR or R3 5* unduped Voodoo. I know that is super unhelpful. Honestly Magik might be more useful until you’re able to get 3 more class cats again.
  • CSSpikeCSSpike Posts: 5
    Thank you for the reply Gnasty,

That's also a tough choice, because GR is also a beast! ... I was thinking that too, Magik can pull me through all my fights now. It's just been soo tough building up these class catalysts that I'm afraid it might be well over a year (Not exaggerating) before I get my next 3 mystic catalysts.

Please do let me know who you eventually do decide to dupe and if you feel like you made the right choice. I'm not going to rush to the rank, I'm going to try 1 or 2 more 5* crystal openings and hope for a dupe. I do notice though on longer fights spirit venom is incredible, I can't image him with Brother Daniel and that start Regen really helps in the AQs/AWs.

Peace Out
  • GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
    4* Awakened Magik (5/5)
    Yep I’ll let you know. I’ll probably play around with them both for a while first and make a decision after giving more thought to it.
  • Kamr05Kamr05 Posts: 208
    Definitely wait one or two more 5 star crystals if u can. T4cc are hard to get, and I think Kabam have lowered the odds in map 5/6 crystals. Used to get a full t4cc at least every 2-3weeks, now it's been over 3 months. (And you may not even get the catalyst you want). 5 stars are the future, especially with 6 stars coming out, and Doctor Voodoo will be legendary when you dupe him. I would say wait for now. Congrats on getting him anyways :)
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    None
  • Sith_LordSith_Lord Posts: 230 ★★
    I’d wait for a little while. If there is a class specific 5* gem offer tomorrow, & you are able to purchase it, that would be ideal for Voodoo. That’s what I am personally hoping for, so I can awaken my 5* Voodoo. If not, wait at least for 2 more 5* crystals if you’re able to.
  • RealPastorRealPastor Posts: 82
    Maybe you can go to 5.3 and see what aw 5* gem you will get? Maybe it will be mystic?
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    4* Awakened Magik (5/5)
    Wow. Someone went through and flagged this entire thread.
    Anyway, I'd do magik. She's a beast in all aspects of the game.
    edited November 2017
    Thanks again to everyone for their votes and all your comments! It will really make me feel a lot more comfortable ranking who ever it is I do decide to rank based on this thread and hope it'll help out other people in the same predicament.

Why would someone flag the entire thread? ... I reckon they jealous because their options are between a Spider-Gwen and Joe Fixit. ;)

Edit: I saw there's a deal in Unit Store for 5-star awakening gem, but it's a bit pricey so don't think I'll be getting it so the assumption is that Dr. Voodoo will be unawakened for a long while. Would you consider Dr. Voodoo an absolute for awakening?

Peace Out
  • ConnectConnect Posts: 197
    I would rank up voodoo because he’s a 5* n with magik you never know but you could pull her as your next 5* or better still could even dupe voodoo

Voodoo is only half as good but still good when unawakened. Having him awoken basically doubles his buffs n debuff duration.

That said I wouldn’t r5 magik as a r3 unduped magik even without limbo hits harder per hit.
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    5* Unawakened Dr. Voodoo (3/5)
    If you are a good enough player and have enough in mystic dispersion then I could see you being better off with Voodoo instead of Magik. Magik is a great power control champ. But Voodoo can do the same thing on an even combo when using his second special attack. Voodoo offers consistent regen (although it is quite shorter unduped). And Voodoo is a 5* and we all know 5*s are the future of the game with the coming of 6*s.
  • aiktow4uaiktow4u Posts: 72
    games headed toward 5 and 6 stars eventually our 4* roster will sit dormant like our 3* do now
  • nadeem_inayatnadeem_inayat Posts: 35
    If you play well, Dr. Voodoo is still fine even un-awakened. I have him currently at R3 and pretty close to take him to R4. R5 4* champ can be useful to do a lot but ultimately will feel like a waste of resources, specially the reasons already discussed above like getting next 3 or 4 T4CC is going to take pretty much forever. I'm currently sitting on 6 Science, 3 Mystic, 4 Cosmic and 4 Skill T4CC with a long term plan thinking.
  • ExiExi Posts: 12
    4* Awakened Magik (5/5)
    I would say magik....and wait for a dupped voodoo.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    4* Awakened Magik (5/5)
    I am guessing that he already made his decision
  • Jones979Jones979 Posts: 84
    4* Awakened Magik (5/5)
    I’ve been using a duped Magik & unduped voodoo for quite a while, and I understand why you might be leaning toward a 5* over a 4 *, but unduped voodoo is not great. Think you’ll get more use out of a duped Magik even if she is 4*. I was lucky enough to dupe my 5* Voodoo last week after using him at rank 3, and he is unbelievable duped, so you could try your luck, but personally I’d go Magik.
    Hey everyone! Thanks again for all your replies and responses and hope this thread helps someone else out in the same predicament.

As for the decision I eventually made; I ranked my unduped Voodoo and since November 2017 have still not being able to dupe him. As Jones has said, he is really isn't great unduped and find that I actually play better with my 3 star Dr. Voodoo duped (I also have him 4 star duped, but giving you guys an idea of the comparison)...

I however don't regret the decision as I found since the post creation and with all the new updates, T4 CC are becoming easier to attain and could have ranked up my Magik while ago if I wanted.

My approach is; I'm still in it for the long run and now with the Dungeon and the potential to get a 5 Start awakening gem, hopefully I'll awaken my Dr. Voodoo soon and he will be a super beast seeing as how I've got use to him unduped now.

So my advice is that with the new 6 stars and the much better chance of T4 CC, maybe rank the character you get the most benefit out of, which would have been my Magik and when you awaken your 5 stars that require being awakened to be of any use, then I certain at that point you would have got enough T4 CC to do it with.

Peace Out