**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Battlegrounds opinions on Fight Time

I've been really enjoying battlegrounds so far and I am sure it will be even better when the they release the official version as there are couple issues most people seems to agree.
One issue is that I find the two minute time fight is quite short as it makes the fight more like a race instead of strategy and some champions lose their worth as they need some time/sp rotations (obviously I am not talking about champions require in-fight ramp up like g99, not every champion is gonna be well-suited). I also find timeout more annoying than straight out losing a fight even though it is more points.

I also wouldn't mind the whole match-up taking a bit longer but I am aware it might be bit annoying when you finish a fight and wait for a couple minutes for the other player.

What do you think?

Battlegrounds opinions on Fight Time 62 votes

Make it 1...
4%
RenaxqqAouxWoux0casual0 3 votes
2 minutes is perfect
67%
MagicBentonmostlyharmlessnzuffySpeedbumpVerzzCupidAckbar67Wicket329Ech238MoosetiptronicRaichu626TheKiryuetgddhjjColinwhitworth69MaxGamingSnakepMattstafariQacobEtjamaMobile_P0tat0 42 votes
Maybe 3-5 minutes like AQ&AW
25%
Darkrider05Darth_StewiePanchulon21KnightZeroLoganJackman05GoDlyZorFelix33Killswitch01TripleUMCOCHazzaPhillip14233_hbtygbty423_Scrubhansherin_66GrassKnucklesJustAGuy 16 votes
No time limit (still earning points based on fast you complete)
1%
Noobda 1 vote

Comments

• GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    Maybe 3-5 minutes like AQ&AW
    It should be increased because one of the other factors is health. If you are playing a champ like Claire who has great healing to get high points in health, you can be screwed over by timeouts because she is a little slower than most champs. Increased time will let her have her well deserved high health points and be able to retain some from the speed points
  • Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 262 ★★
    I think fight time is important since so many champs can just use willpower or some kind of healing to stay topped up. I also think it takes less skill when you play slow, a good player should be able to fight quickly as well as skillfully. I will say this though, the health boost could perhaps be toned down a bit for the sake of people that are not running suicides, it feels like the health boost node and timer were made with suicides in mind cause some champs just cant close out a fight fast enough even if you play perfectly. This could just be the difference between 5 stars and R3 six stars atm though.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited March 2022
    I like it how it is but wouldn’t be opposed to Kabam messing with the settings for different “seasons” of rulesets (maybe changed weekly) as to emphasize different ways to go about competing (sometimes damage is paramount other times it’s outlasting, so on and so forth).
  • AouxWouxAouxWoux Posts: 426 ★★★
    Make it 1...
    We need a fast paced battle, 1 is enough.
    Should be fun and exciting
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★
    2 minutes is perfect
    3 minutes is too much
  • Skywalker3221Skywalker3221 Posts: 156 ★★
    2 minutes is perfect
    You literally included the two key reasons why it should not be increased in your original post.

The time is fine. I would not increase it mainly because BG is two players in real time. If someone finishes a fight In 20 seconds, they shouldn’t have to wait 4, 5, 10 minutes for you to be done. That would make the mode a **** version of incursion. Just waiting and waiting for the other player to be done.

Not every champion will be or should be a perfect candidate for BG. That’s part of the fun of deck planning.

It’s quite good as is.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    I think 2 minutes is probably fine. My opinion is that Masochism isn't the best node for the game mode. It's alright and is fair but I think it's a little too much for any champ that is fighting an uphill fight and places debuffs that you don't really have control of. There were a number of instances where I was using a 5 Star against a Rank 3 with champs that I don't think have bad damage output per say and they were just not getting it done and that was mostly because of Masochism consistently healing. Some might say just use different champs but with 30 champs per deck, that isn't always an option for everyone.

I'm much more inclined for nodes that don't take away from your ability to end a fight at a normal speed but are still (or even more) skill based. Encroaching Stun, Brute Force, Bane, the one where you need to throw a special every 15 hits. After the game mode has been around for a bit the nodes can probably get more niche but give it some time.

What I wouldn't mind seeing as well would be nodes that benefit the attacker if they can display more skill. Foresight or the one where you get an attack boost for maintain combos would be a good counter balance to adding more time. I just think that the duration is a very important feature of the mode and would honestly just prefer that they experiment with giving enemies a little less health before increasing the fight timer.