**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Specials which are safe on block

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
edited April 2022 in Strategy and Tips
So I may or may not be doing a frame data analysis of the game at a later date to see just how technical we can get that depends on if I have the time, however special attacks which are safe on block is a fun topic to delve into.
  • Human Torches L1. You can throw this at any distance whilst the opponent is blocking and not only is it safe, but it builds a smoulder and with 2 or more incinerates (or nova flames) will do the same damage it would do it it hit, so if anything you WANT to throw this whilst the opponent blocks

• Winter Soldier L2. A common theme on this list is long projectile based specials, and where better to start then the most famous, Winter Soldiers L2

• Green Goblins L1. You know it, you hate it, and if you don’t you’re crazy.

• Quakes specials during aftershock. A little cheesy one here but technically if you have a concussion on the opponent and somehow a special attack, you can throw it into the block and you’ll instant evade which is neat. (Can be useful on certain nodes where you build power but don’t want to, I think I’ve used this trick once but can’t remember where)

• Iron Man IW L1. Now of course this thing is unblockable, however if you whiff it, the long projectile range and the recovery speed from the special (very fast) this thing can make this move safe on block (obviously if you’re under 15% everything you do is safe on block)

• Kitty Pryde L1. This one I’m less sure of but I’m pretty sure that this can be thrown into the block and, due to the knockback, Kitty Pryde can in fact block straight away and not get hit

• Hit moonkë L1 and 2. The L1 places you on the other side of the screen at the end and the L2 knocks back as well. Not safe if dexed which is good but absolutely safe on block so if you are partial to losing out on all your damage with this guy go for it.

• Sorcerer supreme L1. Safe to spam into block, couples well with her block penetration and high power gain meaning if you’re in a pickle you can let this rip a couple times and give yourself time to breathe. Not to be confused with the L2 which is VERY unsafe

• Apocalypse L1. Once again, projectile knock back

• Silver surfer L1. You think projectile knockback but no, in fact the last hit of his special is not a projectile if actually counts as a physical hit, so there’s something fun

• Professor X L2. Now the L1 is safe from a certain range but not up close, however the L2 can be thrown pretty close to the defender even when it’s not unblockable and still leave you safe. This is complemented by his funky dodge animation which can let him avoid hits other champions would have definitely taken and his falter mechanic AND his unblockability during mind control, you have to do something spectacular to throw an unsafe special.

That’s all I know based on my own personal experience, feel free to add your own (it would also be fun to see some close shave videos because they’re always entertaining).
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Cabie sp1 sentinel sp1&2 colosus sp2
  • AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
    edited April 2022
    Magneto SP1? I never seem to be able to punish it safely when the AI throws it, but I tend to be at the far end of the screen for a safer dex.

Doom SP1. Unblockable, except against Mordo and Mister Sinister.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★
    sentinel

the sp1 is kinda designed to throw into block anyways
  • Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Masacre sp2 is designed to throw into block
  • spigwenderspigwender Posts: 473 ★★★
    Kitty, while phased, can not only throw the special into block safely due to phase, but can also inflict her incinerates while at or above 10 prowess effects. So hers is extremely safe to throw into block.